The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:00:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn!  (Read 1972 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 21, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »

Again I took a break from Atlasia and I am determined to compete but something needs to be done to make the game more interesting in general. Its why I voted for John Dule this election, his thread was probably the first time since August that I seriously paid attention to Atlasia because its so funny. I argued a few months back for some crises or something made by the Gm's but nothing happened. I really want something to happen. Perhaps Lumine or something could even make the GM's make two  possible articles that would hurt either side of atlasia and a random generator would choose the article?

There were always aspects of multiple tickets that appealed to me and this is the reason right here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:26:56 PM »

Tack is correct about this. I don't care which party you're in. This game can only work if we accept the fact that we have elections and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. That's the social contract we all should abide by so that all Atlasians can enjoy the game through the many different ways you can be active.

Acting out in this manner also fundamentally gives the left more of what it wants and it serves to justify their behavior regarding their electioneering and governing tactics. Even under this kind of electorate, we shouldn't have gotten crushed like this--getting below 4 house seats. Atlasia has now elected a government that can amend the Constitution to the will of Adam Griffin and the Labor Party, and they can use the more unsavory rhetoric and behavior on the right to justify passing things that actually would make the game more unfair for right wingers. We messed up this time, and I'm sure at some point the right will win again but our actions now will determine how long it will take.

The right can serve as a valuable ideologically motivated opposition that competes fairly. Honestly, wanting to give up like this after only losing a few elections just makes us on the right look weak. I know it feels bad to know that we're a "permanent" minority on the forum, but if we just resort to crawling back into a safe space. Our strength has always been rooted in our resilience and ability to show that we are not crazy and radical. Acting like this only makes weaker and less likely to win elections in the near future, and I enjoy winning elections in Atlasia more than wallowing in an echo chamber. I guess that may make me crazy to some, but I want my old game back. We can and should stand on principle, but these principles also include preserving institutions that are worthwhile and good for society. This is what conservatism should mean. It doesn't mean throwing tantrums until the left plows through to total victory in removing a particular institution or winning on an issue only to then go onto reacting against the next thing on the let's agenda. This is how the real life Republican Party generally operates, and what attracts me to the Federalist Party here is that we present an alternative to this sort of mindset. That has been our recipe for success for years and it has kept us relevant and able to get new people to join and actually play the game as it is intended to be played even when we lost many of our elections. We are in danger of losing it all if we don't correct our course.

I stand by my rejection of any attempts to destroy the game because I don't believe in surrendering, and that is surrendering. I don't care about who I call out. Radicalism is radicalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3DdskaPhs
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »

In fact, some of those posts are still applicable today; I am even tempted to draw a TNF -> fhtagn comparison Tongue

Thankfully we are nowhere near a July 2015-like situation, as a simple look to the threads back then proves.

The radicalism didn't arise on the left because the right was dominant. It came about on the left against a backdrop of a decimated right. Remember early 2015 was when the Federalists got wiped out and the game devolved into a Labor versus a center-left/radical TPP.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:15:41 PM »

Tack is correct about this. I don't care which party you're in. This game can only work if we accept the fact that we have elections and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. That's the social contract we all should abide by so that all Atlasians can enjoy the game through the many different ways you can be active.

Acting out in this manner also fundamentally gives the left more of what it wants and it serves to justify their behavior regarding their electioneering and governing tactics. Even under this kind of electorate, we shouldn't have gotten crushed like this--getting below 4 house seats. Atlasia has now elected a government that can amend the Constitution to the will of Adam Griffin and the Labor Party, and they can use the more unsavory rhetoric and behavior on the right to justify passing things that actually would make the game more unfair for right wingers. We messed up this time, and I'm sure at some point the right will win again but our actions now will determine how long it will take.

The right can serve as a valuable ideologically motivated opposition that competes fairly. Honestly, wanting to give up like this after only losing a few elections just makes us on the right look weak. I know it feels bad to know that we're a "permanent" minority on the forum, but if we just resort to crawling back into a safe space. Our strength has always been rooted in our resilience and ability to show that we are not crazy and radical. Acting like this only makes weaker and less likely to win elections in the near future, and I enjoy winning elections in Atlasia more than wallowing in an echo chamber. I guess that may make me crazy to some, but I want my old game back. We can and should stand on principle, but these principles also include preserving institutions that are worthwhile and good for society. This is what conservatism should mean. It doesn't mean throwing tantrums until the left plows through to total victory in removing a particular institution or winning on an issue only to then go onto reacting against the next thing on the let's agenda. This is how the real life Republican Party generally operates, and what attracts me to the Federalist Party here is that we present an alternative to this sort of mindset. That has been our recipe for success for years and it has kept us relevant and able to get new people to join and actually play the game as it is intended to be played even when we lost many of our elections. We are in danger of losing it all if we don't correct our course.

I stand by my rejection of any attempts to destroy the game because I don't believe in surrendering, and that is surrendering. I don't care about who I call out. Radicalism is radicalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3DdskaPhs
Who said we were taking prisoners? Devil

Destroying us will merely give rise to a beast that will devour us with one head and devour you with the other.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »

Atlasia wasn't united against Wolfentoad at least. Labor, TPP and Federalist Establishment (with few exceptions) were anti-Napoleon and anti-Wolf.  

The Liberals, many libertarians and a large number of rank and file Feds (as well as Clarence and Tmth) were favorable towards them.

Fun fact, The Federalist Party Private Forum was created at the request of (a certain former Chair who doesn't like to be named dropped) to sift through the recruits and see who was and was not a Wolfentoad plant.

Eventually yes, the tide turned and he was run out of Atlasia. But it should be noted for instance a large number of Feds voted for Napoleon against Griffin in March of that year.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 10:36:00 AM »

Also it should be noted that the interest in recruitment is if anything a reaction to the "let Atlasia burn mindset" expressed in the OP.

Give up and leave is not a new concept in Atlasia on the right. It was heavily prevalent in the JCP era and immediately afterwards. We lost a number of people that way, most prominent being former FM and former Governor Brandonh. Eventually for a Conservative with no chance of winning, leaving the game becomes more and more appealing as time goes on and the longer the left remains dominant, the more people will want to just give up and leave.

The best thing for this game is some degree of parity. This will help Labor as well as many within Labor understand, including I would imagine Adam, Tack and a few others based on their posts, the presence of a roughly equally strength right is essential to long term survival of Labor and interest on the left. 

Tack even linked an old thread yesterday from 2015 where I mention this very threat ironically in the context of people like Al's nasty attacks causing people to want to leave.

But mostly the people it alienates are idiots. Let's be clear here: the moronic yelping for 'REGIONAL RIGHTS' was the moment at which the game embarked upon the path that led to its decrepitude.

No, that was when this game was saved from the small exclusive vision you have for this game.

You have been treating people like crap for a decade. You as much as anyone is guilty of creating an environment where people just say "f this", I'm out.

You guys have never gave a damn about the mood on the right because frankly you have never needed or wanted a right in this game. You don't need them when there is no gov't sim or Game engine to make elections worth anything more then just personality contests.

The problem is not us Regionalists, the problem is people like you calling people you disagree with idiots all the time.

What pains me most is that so many on the right have stooped to Al's level.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 10:48:58 AM »

Consolidation was heavily tied in with those fears on the right, fears of being "swept away" and left with no relevance. It was thought that a three region map would be easy for the left to sweep and since that has happened first in 2017 and now again in 2019, compared to 2008-2016 when the South was only seriously threatened by the left twice (2009 and 2012/2013), there was at least some merit to those claims.

Al's post was in response to an expression of concern about this and yes another similar threat to leave the game if consolidation occurred.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 01:15:10 AM »

I am going to re-post this here, since it is actually more relevant to this thread anyway:

That moment when all those dire warnings about discord are proven true and you realize nobody cared then and nobody cares now.

Internet Chat mediums bring out the worst in people when they are exclusive. It is why #Atlasforum became a cesspool in 2013-2015. They also take on a life of their own and that is why we have record populations and yet few candidates for office.

Is that all that is going on here? Of course not. But there were many people who got sucked into dissolution of Atlasia simply because they were part of the clique and they bought into their distorted vision of reality and/or believed the ring leader when it came to all things Atlasia. And while we are on that subject, if any such beast arises from Discord, like it did from Mibbit, that seeks to dissolve/destroy this game, I don't care whether it is on the left or the right. I will torch it and chisel the perpetrator's names into granite with all the the other disgraced traitors.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies