Pericles for Labor Chair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:55:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pericles for Labor Chair
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pericles for Labor Chair  (Read 1283 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2019, 06:50:35 PM by Pericles »

Greetings, to Labor Members and passersby who happen to read this thread

The last four months concluded with an emphatic win, at all levels of government, for the Labor Party. While I was optimistic, the scale of this victory shocked even myself. However, our work is not done, and we must not take this result for granted. It was through our hard work and unity that we turned a 52% final round share into a 67% final round share, and only through continued hard work and unity can we keep on winning. I want to thank the entire Labor team, and our allies in Peace, for the amazing victory we just achieved.

I am proud of my role in helping achieve this result, and I have the skills and experience to deliver great results for our party in the future. This is why I am running for chair of the Labor Party, and ask for the trust of the party membership to lead Labor forward. I am also proud to announce that I am running with Peanut and Devout Centrist, and I hope that Peanut is elected Vice-Chair as my successor for that role and Devout Centrist is elected General Secretary.

Here are several key points that I want to emphasize and that I will work on if elected chair:

-Delivering our policy objectives: Our results give us a great opportunity to enact progressive policy for Atlasia. We must not let this go to waste. A warning in this regard is late 2018 where Labor failed to properly take advantage of the opportunities we had then, and now that we have an even bigger mandate and even more opportunities the pressure is on us to deliver. Federally, we must stick together and have an active and productive Congress. Perhaps even more importantly, regionally we need to take full advantage of the opportunities we have, especially in the South where our wins there are unusual. An issue we saw in the South in the last four months was the left failing to resist right-wing bills being rammed through with improper debate, and so we must have greater communication between regional office-holders and the federal party to coordinate a policy agenda. This is an area where I can not do everything by myself, but Peanut and Devout Centrist are two talented individuals especially with policy, and I am confident we will succeed here.

-Promotion of new members: It is always an important consideration to ensure we have continual renewal in the party and that new players and previously inactive players get the opportunity to succeed in Atlasia. The experience of the Federalist Party right now shows the dire consequences if we fail in this regard. Fortunately, we have had great success here in the last few months-such as Elcaspar now being elected a Labor Representative in the House. We have also had success in adding existing players like S019 and thumb21 to our party. Keeping this going and building on it will be a key objective for me in the next four months.

-Building a Labor community: We have had great success recently in creating more of a community-feel to our party and including more voters. I believe this is a key part of our recent success. Notably, for the first time in years, no Labor members preferenced either Federalist ticket above the Labor ticket. Our members must not feel distant from Atlasia but be included in the party and be given every opportunity to be part of Atlasia. This is not just the right thing to do for the game, it will build up our party and help stop us returning to the dark days of 2017 and 2018.

-Unity: Finally, and related to my previous point, we need to retain the unity we have had over the last four months. There is a risk that people become complacent and focus more on self-interest rather than the good of the party and Atlasia as a whole, we must not let that happen. Part of our success in this regard was the closeness of our win in June, YT coming within 6 votes of being Griff made clear that we had to work to stop the Federalists retaking the presidency. Even though this election was not close, we must still be vigilant. I reject the talk of the right being dead-the right has not and never has died, and it always comes back. If we do not recognize that reality, it will be back sooner. We must ward off complacency, and continue to work as a team for our shared goal. A good sign from this election was that the one real example of division on the left ended up badly for the instigator, this example will hopefully show people that the best way for you to succeed in Atlasia is to help Labor succeed.

Finally, I want to set a clear expectation that this result, while great, is probably not the new norm. My goal is for us, in four months time, to have retained the presidency, both houses of Congress and continue to have strong representation regionally (and probably majorities in at least 2 regional governments). This is not inevitable, but we can do this, and we will do this if we come together. The first step is electing the Pericles/Peanut/Devout Centrist slate. Thank you for reading, and let's do this!

Vote Pericles/Peanut/Devout Centrist for Labor leadership!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 06:56:08 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 07:03:49 PM by Governor Peanut »

Hello, my fellow Party members and Atlasians!

I only became active in the game less than a year ago (actually close to a year ago now... time flies), but during that time I've seen Labor go from defeat to a close victory to the largest post-reset landslide. I've interacted with many wonderful players in the Party and outside, and I've learned a lot about you and the game.

I agree completely with Pericles that we need leadership in our party that will keep us flying high. That means a comprehensive outlook of our party's goals: win elections and strengthen our members no matter our differences, and enact policies that are helpful for the game and for every hardworking Atlasian. We must not squander the potential we have, and I'll make sure we don't as Senator and in Party leadership working with such talented, intelligent leaders as Pericles and Devout Centrist, and with every Atlasian in general.

I thank Pericles for his initiative on this campaign, and I hope we're able to get lots of things done! Vote Pericles/Peanut/Devout Centrist for Labor!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!!
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 08:07:50 PM »

Definitely endorsed!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 08:41:44 PM »

Endorsed!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 03:27:46 AM »

I will be supporting the full slate.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 05:00:45 AM »

Endorsed! Disappointed there was no corrupt bargain done in a smoke filled room though Sad
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 05:53:39 AM »

Just saying, the last time Pericles lost a Labor primary he left the party and helped elect a Federalist president.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 06:16:52 AM »

For the record,
I'm totally supporting this primary process. Two clear different visions and Labor will have to choose.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 07:29:43 AM »

If you lose, will you accept the results of the election and back the new chair?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 02:42:51 PM »

If you lose, will you accept the results of the election and back the new chair?

Of course.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »

Thank you everyone for your support. Smiley
Roblox

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 02:50:36 PM »

Fully Endorsed!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 03:19:10 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2019, 03:57:32 PM by Justice Blair »

Endorsed.

I’ve seen firsthand the highs and lows of being party chair and know we need someone who’s been through the battles. I know what it takes to organise the political beast that is Labor, and I trust Pericles to be Chair and will be supporting him.

Great to have a competitive contest for chair though, and I know this will be a positive race where  Labor will be roaring to go and get sh**t done.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 03:36:01 PM »

Endorsed.

I’ve seen firsthand the highs and lows of being party chair and know we need someone who’s been through the battles. I know what it takes to organise the political beast that is Labor, and I trust Pericles to be Chair and will be supporting him.

Great to have a competitive contest for chair though, and I know this will be a positive race with  Labor will be roaring to go and get sh**t done.

Thank you very much for your support, it is a great honor.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 01:14:47 AM »

endorsed.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 10:20:58 AM »

Endorsed.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 10:52:56 PM »

Endorsed!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 12:43:02 AM »

Thank you Labor!

The chair vote has finished, and I have won 29-17, with 63.04% of the vote. I am very grateful to the party membership and my supporters for this great result. I look forward to the next four months, we will do great things for Atlasia and keep the glorious trifecta. We are now united and even stronger as a party. This turnout was huge and one of the best (the best? someone check) in Labor history for a party vote. Labor is energized and ready for the opportunities ahead!

I want to commend MB on his campaign and strong performance. He didn't make it this time but he is a talented poster and has a bright future in Labor, and I look forward to working with him and the rest of the party leadership-both official and unofficial. Congratulations are also in order for fellow slate members Peanut and Devout Centrist on their even bigger wins. We should also thank Sestak, not just for his great term as chair for the last four months but for his amazing contributions to Labor and the Atlasian left. Finally thanks are in order to all those who voted, regardless of how they voted, for participating in the democratic process and engaging with the Labor Party.

Smiley
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2019, 02:29:38 PM »

Congrats!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »

While i preferred MB, there is still a lot of good to say for your platform. Congratulations on your victory!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2019, 11:30:52 PM »

Congrats on your victory. looking forward to working together.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 04:47:54 PM »

Congrats BOSS PERICLES!
Pericles
Atlas Icon