Al Gore in the 2008 primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:46:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Al Gore in the 2008 primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Al Gore in the 2008 primaries  (Read 437 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:25:56 AM »

If Al Gore ran for prez in 2008, how would he have done in the Dem primary if everything else remains the same as in reality? Like most or any Dem, he would have won the GE, but what about the primary? I deeply regret he didn't run in 2008, which was probably his best chance for a comeback.

You may post primary maps.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »

If Gore runs, Obama doesn't. The race becomes Gore vs. Hillary, with the establishment backing Gore. Gore wins.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »

If Gore runs, Obama doesn't. The race becomes Gore vs. Hillary, with the establishment backing Gore. Gore wins.

Not sure Obama would have stayed out. He long planned to run 4 prez. But I could see a scenario where Obama doesn't gain that much traction and becomes Al Gore's VP. Fun fact: In 2008, after securing the nomination, the Obama campaign briefly considered to offer the VP slot to Al Gore.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »

Not sure Obama would have stayed out. He long planned to run 4 prez. But I could see a scenario where Obama doesn't gain that much traction and becomes Al Gore's VP. Fun fact: In 2008, after securing the nomination, the Obama campaign briefly considered to offer the VP slot to Al Gore.

I think Obama would've stayed out. Before he announced, Obama checked with Gore to see what he was going to do, so I think if Gore told Obama he was going to run, Obama wouldn't run.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 10:25:32 AM »

Yah Obama would not have gained much traction or at most be the Mayor Pete of that race . Remember for the vast majority of 2007 Hillary I believe led among African American Voters and they only started supporting him when it seemed like he had a real chance to win the nomination.

In the primaries Gore would get the vast majority of Obama’s 2007 support instead
connally68
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 09:42:11 AM »

Gore would have had enhanced appeal with the base because of his environmental stances.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies