Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:43:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged?  (Read 5744 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: October 23, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »

Yes, because political parties in America always adjust to be 50/50 and it's unclear to me that the Republican Party has other places it can improve besides this demographic, but this will have the effect of changing the party rather than changing white Millennials' political opinions.

Now I'm 35. Do you believe that a bunch of people of my age, who were leftist and not so moderate in their university years, now are on the Vox train? No particular gap between being male or female...wht do they have in common? A long period of unemployment and/or being trapped in one gig job after another one. Not sure anyway if the same thing could work in America, I guess it depends from the single place.

I think the perception that people get more conservative as they age is a false one, but I do think there's a real phenomenon where the later in life people experience their political awakening, the more right-wing they tend to be. I'd imagine people voting for the first time coming out for Podemos are on the younger side, and people voting for the first time coming out for Vox are probably older. (Because it is unusual for people to depoliticize -- for most people, once they start voting, they keep doing it -- this explains why older people have turnout so much higher than young people, and why it seems like people get more conservative without observing many concrete examples of this.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies