Office of Southern Governor Leinad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:42:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Governor Leinad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of Southern Governor Leinad  (Read 1629 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2019, 01:51:40 AM »
« edited: October 26, 2019, 12:06:01 AM by Leinad »

Office of Governor Leinad
for the Executive Actions of the Governor of the Southern Region

Seal of the South

Important Links

Executive Orders

Bill Signings
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 03:48:48 AM »

Quote from: Executive Order 11.001
I hereby appoint Peebs Southern Attorney General.

X Governor Leinad
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:17:06 AM »

X Governor Leinad
I commend the Governor for his wise choice for Attorney General and I congratulate my friend, the Gentlelady from North Carolina, on her promotion to the Office of Attorney General of the Southern region.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what factored into your decision to appoint Peebs? Are there any cases you can point to where she served as legal counsel to support the decision?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 07:18:14 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what factored into your decision to appoint Peebs? Are there any cases you can point to where she served as legal counsel to support the decision?
did you care when Reagente was appointed AG with no “qualifications” either?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »

did you care when Reagente was appointed AG with no “qualifications” either?
Reagente is currently in law school IRL. Vastly different scenarios.

Not saying that someone has to be in law school to serve as AG, but he at least had some qualifications to back that decision.

Even when I served as President, I had things I could point to that backed my decisions for those that I appointed to be AG at the federal level.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »

You appointed Oakvale.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 08:54:47 PM »

Just out of curiosity, what factored into your decision to appoint Peebs?
The fact nobody else wanted it.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 09:05:44 PM »

And I could point to his experience on the court and cases he acted as legal counsel on to back my decision.

Your personal feelings about my decision don't change that fact.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 09:14:35 PM »

Regional AGs should not even exist! But since they do, I fully concur with Leinad's long-standing policy of not appointing terrorists to lead the justice department.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »

And I could point to his experience on the court and cases he acted as legal counsel on to back my decision.

Your personal feelings about my decision don't change any facts, either.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 09:43:28 PM »

All I did was ask for you to explain the reasons for why you felt she was the best pick for the position. Which you still haven't done.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 09:44:59 PM »

All I did was ask for you to explain the reason for why you felt she was the best pick for the position. Which you still haven't done.
It seems the Gentlelady from North Carolina was the only interested potential nominee, to be fair.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 09:50:31 PM »

All I did was ask for you to explain the reason for why you felt she was the best pick for the position. Which you still haven't done.
It seems the Gentlelady from North Carolina was the only interested potential nominee, to be fair.
He made no posts indicating he was looking for people who were interested.

In fact, these are the only two posts related to the position that he had made:

X Governor Leinad

Appointed an AG!

X Governor Leinad

I could not retain Reagante due to the fact that that's, like, not even legal and it's hilarious how people missed "the letter of the law" nominating the Attorney General, but fortunately I found a good veteran replacement to fill such prestigious [dubious] shoes!

It's perfectly reasonable to ask what went into his decision to appoint Peebs. If she was the only one interested among those he asked, how many people did he ask? Were those he asked only within his own party? What made him decide to stop with Peebs?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 10:22:36 PM »

It's perfectly reasonable to ask what went into his decision to appoint Peebs. If she was the only one interested among those he asked, how many people did he ask? Were those he asked only within his own party? What made him decide to stop with Peebs?

George Soros sent me a text saying "appoint peebs, she has great taste in pizza places!" and I know who butters my bread and salts my flies!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 10:27:07 PM »

George Soros sent me a text saying "appoint peebs, she has great taste in pizza places!" and I know who butters my bread and salts my flies!

I mean, if you have no interest in taking a position you were elected to seriously and answering reasonable questions asked by Southern citizens, that's your business. It's just not a good look ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »

I mean, if you have no interest in taking a position you were elected to seriously and answering reasonable questions asked by Southern citizens, that's your business. It's just not a good look ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Should I really take PR advice from someone who defends transphobes and neo-nazis on the Atlas Forum?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 10:56:41 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2019, 04:03:19 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Should I really take PR advice from someone who defends transphobes and neo-nazis on the Atlas Forum?

What I do support is defending someone's right to free speech (and as someone who swore an oath to defend our Constitution, you have a responsibility to do so as well). I also firmly oppose cancel culture, and firmly oppose stalking people for the purpose of finding ridiculous "gotcha"s.

In any case, you bringing that up is irrelevant, and still doesn't answer my question.

If you have no real reason to pick Peebs besides she's your friend and you didn't want to put effort into finding someone, you'd do yourself a much bigger favor being honest instead of dodging the question like you are doing now.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 10:58:22 PM »

It's not as if the Southern AG has ever actually done anything or has any power, which makes fhtagn's illogical rantings all the more entertaining.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 11:03:28 PM »

It's not as if the Southern AG has ever actually done anything or has any power, which makes fhtagn's illogical rantings all the more entertaining.

All I did was ask a simple question.

The only ones who made a big deal out of it are those on the left, who apparently think asking a question is unreasonable and think pointing fingers and making accusations is a smarter move than just answering. 

Once again, this is just proving the Leinad has no intention of taking the job he was elected to seriously.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 01:35:35 AM »

The only ones who made a big deal out of it are those on the left, who apparently think asking a question is unreasonable and think pointing fingers and making accusations is a smarter move than just answering. 

Once again, this is just proving the Leinad has no intention of taking the job he was elected to seriously.

Cool.

Anyway, I don't really see the purpose in taking such complaints seriously when the only person complaining struggles to make consecutive posts without an ad hominem attack.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 05:41:19 AM »

Cool.

Anyway, I don't really see the purpose in taking such complaints seriously when the only person complaining struggles to make consecutive posts without an ad hominem attack.

I wasn't even complaining. I literally asked a simple question, one that really shouldn't be so hard to answer.

Why should the South take their Governor seriously when he struggles to answer simple questions about his decisions?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 08:41:40 PM »

Cool.

I wasn't even complaining. I literally asked a simple question, one that really shouldn't be so hard to answer.

Why should the South take their Governor seriously when he struggles to answer simple questions about his decisions?
Why should the people of Atlasia take their Representative seriously when she clogs up office threads to prove a dumb point?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 09:06:02 PM »

Anyway, this thread was NOT meant for obsessive concern trolling and flamewars--that's the public thread--it was meant for stuff like this:

Quote from: TIJ Pro Act
Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay a SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur a SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

X Governor Leinad

BILL SIGNED!!!!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »

Your ticket got 33% in the final round, you clearly lack the authority to speak on what is good PR anymore.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies