Partisan Hack
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:38:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Partisan Hack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: be honest here...
I was a partisan hack

I am a partisan hack

I will be a partisan hack

I am not a partisan hack, never was, never will be

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Partisan Hack  (Read 4645 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2006, 10:03:59 PM »

Option 1.  A Libertarian partisan hack.  I was a Badnarik poster-child back in the summer of 2004 through the election.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 10:05:58 PM »

I was a partisan hack up until about January 2005.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 10:06:55 PM »

Option 4, though I say so myself.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

Always have been, always will be
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 10:13:01 PM »

I don't really get Option 3.  How could you predict becoming a hack if you aren't one already?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 10:13:48 PM »

Was
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 10:22:33 PM »

I hack for no one Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 11:50:19 PM »

I was a hack at the age of 16 in 1994.  I t was the height of Newt, Rush and it appeared there was going to be some new ideas injected into the Congress.  I became disillusioned by the consoldation of power at the expense of reform that has occured until present.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 12:32:33 AM »

I was a partisan hack up until about January 2005.
^^^^
But not really partisan. I liked to joke about my partisanship by making idiotic posts on the 80soft board.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 12:49:03 AM »

Not by Canadian standards anyways.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 12:50:27 AM »

Belinda Stronach IS a Social Democrat, Earl!!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 01:17:50 AM »

stfu troll
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 02:41:24 AM »

I'm a total hack. I admit it.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »

I've been partisan before, but never a total partisan hack. I've always been willing to vote for a candidate if they were good regardless of party affiliation.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 11:43:35 AM »

I've been partisan before, but never a total partisan hack. I've always been willing to vote for a candidate if they were good regardless of party affiliation.

Yeah, pretty much me, but for the most part I really, really try to be an
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 12:07:13 PM »

I don't think you're a hack, MAC-man.  You have some strong ideas that are a little extreme, but that doesn't make you a hack.  A hack is somebody like BRTD, who doesn't have a thought in his head, and simply mouths drivel that other people have told him.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 04:40:47 PM »

I don't think you're a hack, MAC-man.  You have some strong ideas that are a little extreme, but that doesn't make you a hack.  A hack is somebody like BRTD, who doesn't have a thought in his head, and simply mouths drivel that other people have told him.

like I said, dazzleman.  Back in the day, before I started posting here during the 2004 campaign season, I was one.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 06:56:17 PM »

I used to be a very closed-minded democrat who thought that everything the republicans did was inherently evil and everything the democrats did was inherently noble. How naive I was. Granted 2005 seemed to back up such an opinion....and the democrats didn't even have to make a move. Iraq, Katrina, scandals, an extremely poor supreme court pick, the deficit, and more recently the leak about his little spying program. Even republican hacks have to admit that Bush has had a horrible second term. Roberts is the only bright spot I can think of.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2006, 07:05:12 PM »

I used to be a very closed-minded democrat who thought that everything the republicans did was inherently evil and everything the democrats did was inherently noble. How naive I was. Granted 2005 seemed to back up such an opinion....and the democrats didn't even have to make a move. Iraq, Katrina, scandals, an extremely poor supreme court pick, the deficit, and more recently the leak about his little spying program. Even republican hacks have to admit that Bush has had a horrible second term. Roberts is the only bright spot I can think of.

Many Democrats supported Iraq.  Democrats in Louisiana messed up just as much as, if not more than, Republicans in the wake of Katrina.  And in any case, incompetence is not evil.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 07:18:32 PM »

Many Democrats supported Iraq.  Democrats in Louisiana messed up just as much as, if not more than, Republicans in the wake of Katrina.  And in any case, incompetence is not evil.

Perhaps I should have been more carefull in how I worded my argument. You are right....incompetence does not in any way reflect intention. What I was trying to say is that only true republican hacks would not be able to admit that the Bush administration has had a rough year. Yes...many democrats did support Iraq....and they were ing morons. Yes....dems weren't excluded from error during Katrina...but Democratic governor of Louisiana Kathleen Blanco declared state of emergency eight days earlier than the feds and the continued belief that she did not is false (www.snopes.com)

If I remember correctly its Brown that really ed up. Guy should not have such a position with that much responcibility if he can handle it. I was unhappy with him after the 4 florida hurricanes too when, among other things, he had FEMA pay for twice as many funerals as actual deaths. Nothing but politics. Bush needed florida in 04. Got no use for New Orleans. Before you attack me I know I am being unnecessarily harsh to the republicans and Brown. They did there best. I'm just not happy with what there best was.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 07:23:05 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2006, 07:31:39 PM by dazzleman »

Perhaps I should have been more carefull in how I worded my argument. You are right....incompetence does not in any way reflect intention. What I was trying to say is that only true republican hacks would not be able to admit that the Bush administration has had a rough year. Yes...many democrats did support Iraq....and they were ing morons. Yes....dems weren't excluded from error during Katrina...but Democratic governor of Louisiana Kathleen Blanco declared state of emergency eight days earlier than the feds and the continued belief that she did not is false (www.snopes.com)

If I remember correctly its Brown that really ed up. Guy should not have such a position with that much responcibility if he can handle it. I was unhappy with him after the 4 florida hurricanes too when, among other things, he had FEMA pay for twice as many funerals as actual deaths. Nothing but politics. Bush needed florida in 04. Got no use for New Orleans. Before you attack me I know I am being unnecessarily harsh to the republicans and Brown. They did there best. I'm just not happy with what there best was.

No intention to attack you, man.  Good to see you back again.

Why do you have a problem with the spying program?  If spying on people with known terror connections helps prevent terrorist attacks, then I'm all for it, frankly.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 07:29:40 PM »

Uh, Iraq and the deficit were sources of good news. The Supreme Court pick was withdrawn and replaced with Alito.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »

Uh, Iraq and the deficit were sources of good news. The Supreme Court pick was withdrawn and replaced with Alito.

I hope that first line is sarcasm. Oh dear. Anyway....Alito is a decent pick, granted I doubt liberals in congress will allow a conservative to join an already conservative court: expect resistance. But Miers was a huge blow to Bush's credibility. Even though Bush can withdraw the nomination...he can't withdraw that blow.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »

Uh, the deficit is shrinking, there were two successful elections in Iraq, and Rumsfeld is announcing troop withdrawals. You are a partisan hack.
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »

For which party?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies