S.19.4-1: Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:37:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-1: Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: S.19.4-1: Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act (Statute)  (Read 1713 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »
« edited: November 06, 2019, 09:30:16 AM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Quote from: Delegate West_Midlander of North Carolina
How should we go about regulating the development of this technology and/or what level(s) of SDVT does everyone think should be banned if any?

As per the current amendment "technology that makes a vehicle is capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions." Which covers level 4 & 5. This means that Drivers get benefits of limited automation without the risks of having their jobs replaced by machines.

This isn't about an outright ban. SDVT is still legal for private citizens. This is about the long term protection of Transport industry jobs, which is a major sector of employment not only in the South but Atlasia wide.

How very neoliberal of y'all to not want to put some form of protection for the hark working drivers of the South. The governor said he was against neo-liberalism yet this chamber doesn't seem to want to actually take a stand to provide protection to the workers in the Transport Industry.

Would y'all be more amenable if a sunset clause was included into TIJ Pro?
By my understanding, this is a ban for use in business but citizens can use private vehicles utilizing SDVT of levels 1-3.

I think a sunset clause would get an aye vote from me on this bill. That way this Chamber will be forced to reevaluate the matter at a later time to keep the proposal standing. I will leave it up to the Deputy Speaker or to the suggestion of other delegates to propose an appropriate time period for this bill to last before reevaluation is needed.

EDIT:

I will support this bill without a sunset clause. I think SDVT will de-incentivize public transport leading to more cars on the road and as a result more CO2 emissions.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2019, 05:09:31 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2019, 07:49:56 AM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Given that there is no apparent will in the Chamber to amend this bill further (ie. for a sunset clause, as I will support this bill without one, now), I motion for a final vote if there are no objections.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2019, 05:39:13 AM »

Given that there is no apparent will in the Chamber to amend this bill further (ie. for a sunset clause, as I will support this bill without one, now), I motion for a final vote if there are no objections.

As there have been no objections Voting on S.19.4-1: Transport Industry Jobs Protection (TIJ Pro) Act is now open. Voting is open for 48 Hours or until all delegates have voted which ever comes first.

Sound the bells (Delegates will be DM'd)

The text of the Bill reads:
Quote from: TIJ Pro Act
Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay a SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur a SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

Voting Options are:
[   ] Aye
[   ] Nay
[   ] Abstain
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2019, 08:32:19 AM »

AYE
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2019, 11:44:48 AM »

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay
[  ] Abstain
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 08:47:27 AM »

Aye
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 05:30:20 PM »

Nay
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 08:09:27 PM »

Nay
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 12:32:20 AM »

Voting is Closed.

All Delegates have voted.
S.19.4-1: Transport Industry Jobs Protection (TIJ Pro) Act Passes.

Final Vote Tally S.19.4-1
[ 3 ] Aye
[ 2 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain

The Bill now awaits the Governor's Signature:
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay a SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur a SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »

1.2) Terms

X Governor Leinad
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies