AL-Sen Primary - Cygnal Poll - : Moore in third position
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  AL-Sen Primary - Cygnal Poll - : Moore in third position
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AL-Sen Primary - Cygnal Poll - : Moore in third position  (Read 703 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 28, 2019, 11:00:37 AM »
« edited: October 28, 2019, 11:24:13 AM by Frenchrepublican »

https://yellowhammernews.com/non-internal-poll-confirms-tuberville-leading-gop-senate-field-as-sessions-mulls-bid/

Here how the field is looking

Tuberville : 32%
Byrne : 18%
Dirty Roy : 11%
Merrill : 9%
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »

Beat me to it. Anyway, it’s a real shame that Tuberville is ahead.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 11:21:39 AM »

Why ? He seems pretty loyal to Trump and I doubt that the football stuff would really hurt him against Jones
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »

Why ? He seems pretty loyal to Trump and I doubt that the football stuff would really hurt him against Jones

The fact that he is too loyal to Trump is exactly the problem. He strikes me as a dumb suck-up who doesn't care about anything but licking Trump's boots. He's a total empty suit, I'd rather have someone with roots here and a history of serving our state -- like John Merrill.
At the end of the day I don't care about loyalty to Trump at all, as long as you aren't sabotaging the entire party to virtue signal because "Orange Man Bad," ala Romney and Flake.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »

The fact that he is too loyal to Trump is exactly the problem. He strikes me as a dumb suck-up who doesn't care about anything but licking Trump's boots. He's a total empty suit, I'd rather have someone with roots here and a history of serving our state -- like John Merrill.
At the end of the day I don't care about loyalty to Trump at all, as long as you aren't sabotaging the entire party to virtue signal because "Orange Man Bad," ala Romney and Flake.

Fair point, now I think that Tuberville is the favourite because he is not a career politician contrary to Byrne and Merrill. It's clear that republican voters like candidates who have not spent 1/2 of their life in elected positions, it's why Mike Braun was able to defeat Messer and Rokita, it's why Rispone outpaced Abraham in the jungle primary, being a non career politician is really an asset in a republican primary, the best example being Trump himself ; now TBH I don't really care about all that, the most important thing is that Jones loses his seat
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »

Fair point, now I think that Tuberville is the favourite because he is not a career politician contrary to Byrne and Merrill. It's clear that republican voters like candidates who have not spent 1/2 of their life in elected positions, it's why Mike Braun was able to defeat Messer and Rokita, it's why Rispone outpaced Abraham in the jungle primary, being a non career politician is really an asset in a republican primary, the best example being Trump himself ; now TBH I don't really care about all that, the most important thing is that Jones loses his seat

Merrill is 55 and has only been in elected office for ~9 years. So he's not exactly a lifelong career politician, though I understand where you're coming from.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 04:39:01 PM »

Moore was never going to win the primary against a candidate whose name isn’t Luther Strange, especially after his embarrassing loss/campaign in 2017.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 04:42:46 PM »

Merrill is 55 and has only been in elected office for ~9 years. So he's not exactly a lifelong career politician, though I understand where you're coming from.
In Alabama, why is the state Democratic Party so bad. Doug Jones had a feud with the chair recently.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 07:33:41 PM »

You got beaten to posting a poll on your own news website!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 08:12:41 PM »

The fact that he is too loyal to Trump is exactly the problem. He strikes me as a dumb suck-up who doesn't care about anything but licking Trump's boots. He's a total empty suit

You must really hate the current Republican Party in Congress. Tongue
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »

Tanned rested and ready to jump in!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sources-sessions-exploring-possible-senate-001249787.html
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 09:28:43 PM »

You got beaten to posting a poll on your own news website!

I follow Yellowhammer, and I read the article a just a few minutes after it came out -- just didn't bother making a thread for it here.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 10:24:50 PM »

Praying for Moore
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 01:26:01 AM »

Unsurprising.