Voter fraud in Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:10:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Voter fraud in Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voter fraud in Iowa  (Read 4198 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2004, 07:20:59 PM »

Rival campaigns are charging that various Deaniacs are coming into to Iowa from other states to vote in the caucuses for Dean.  It's a very serious charge.  Any thoughts?
jravnsbo

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 08:26:05 PM »

Gephardt's campaign sent a letter to Dean warning him not to bring in outside people.  He discussed it on Hardball.

Rival campaigns are charging that various Deaniacs are coming into to Iowa from other states to vote in the caucuses for Dean.  It's a very serious charge.  Any thoughts?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 08:43:30 PM »

I have not heard this, but its down right wrong. If its true and this happens Dean should be kicked out of the race, and sued, along with actions by the party
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 11:00:58 PM »

In a separate incident, back several months ago a young Dean campaign worker called someone in Iowa and asked if hotel reservations were sufficient to participate in the primary. The thing is Dean probably doesnt even need all this Nixonesque chicanery.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 11:29:30 PM »

I heard this report too.  I think the Gephardt campaign is laying the groundwork to taint any Dean victory in Iowa by charging voter fraud.  At least there's no punch card ballots at a caucus.
On the other hand, it would be hard to detect the fruad since people just show up and give an address.  They aren't electing anyone, just participating in a party's delegate selection process.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 08:21:24 AM »

The same thing has happened in other campaigns in the past. Is it against the rules? It's certainly unethical, but is it illegal? If you have any particular rule or bi-law, please share it with me and the others who may not know.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 10:24:03 PM »

The same thing has happened in other campaigns in the past. Is it against the rules? It's certainly unethical, but is it illegal? If you have any particular rule or bi-law, please share it with me and the others who may not know.
The New Republic www.tnr.com has a long article on the Iowa caucuses (cauci?).  They imply that it is not illegal for a non-resident to vote because this is not a state sponsored election - only a caucus by the party.  However, if I was cheating I'd have my brass knuckles handy in case someone got upset.
lolitsadam
lcswoosh
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 12:50:03 AM »

That's stupid...I highly doubt Dean would need people to unofficially cheat to win Iowa.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 10:03:54 AM »

It's "THAT KID", he's responsible for this. Nym90 will not fail to understand or see the humor in this. So, the remark is a private joke amongst friends. I hope he sees this!
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 10:55:04 AM »

welcome lcs- hope you keep participating.  

That's stupid...I highly doubt Dean would need people to unofficially cheat to win Iowa.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 12:06:35 PM »

Vorlon, why the heck do you keep bringing up these old threads?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 03:53:27 PM »

Vorlon, why the heck do you keep bringing up these old threads?

He explained it...he thinks they are are interesting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies