FT 14-09-Custody Forfeiture Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:37:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 14-09-Custody Forfeiture Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 14-09-Custody Forfeiture Act  (Read 413 times)
Roblox

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
« edited: December 27, 2019, 12:14:39 AM by Fremont Speaker Roblox »

AN ACT
to protect children from their parent's rapist

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Custody Forfeiture Act."

Section 2 (Custody of children conceived by rape)
i. Convicted perpetrators of rape shall forfeit their right to custody of any child or children conceived as a consequence of that crime.
ii. Nothing in this Act shall be interpreted as to absolve a convicted perpetrator of rape from the obligation to pay child support to the parent of a child or children so conceived.
Sponsor: Harry S Truman
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 11:42:11 PM »

My only question is whether we have Romeo and Juliet laws in force. If we do then I don't see any problems with this.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 11:50:52 PM »

Like it says on the tin, this legislation would close an existing loophole to prohibit convicted rapists from suing for custody of any child conceived in consequence of the assault.

My only question is whether we have Romeo and Juliet laws in force. If we do then I don't see any problems with this.
Some, but not all, states in Frémont have existing Romeo and Juliet clauses; it would probably be a good idea to standardize these in any case.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 12:14:44 AM »

I agree that before passing this legislation, standardizing our laws regionwide is a good idea.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 09:36:57 PM »

I think the bill is great the way it is, but maybe we could add something about sex offenders. I don't know if there's any regional (or federal) legislation regarding registering as a sex offender. If not, a regionwide sex offender registry wouldn't be the worst idea in the world if it's not already managed on a state or county level.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 03:26:26 PM »

Is there anything else anyone wishes to add?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2020, 10:04:21 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

Is there anything else anyone wishes to add?

It seems as though nobody else really has anything to add. Besides, there's not really much of a point for us to develop on my suggestion for a regionwide sex offender registry, as that's usually managed on a municipal level. I don't see anything wrong with someone moving for a final vote.

Although before we do move to a final vote, I was just wondering if the members from Washington and North Dakota have anything else to say about standardizing our laws regionwide.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 05:55:41 PM »

Some, but not all, states in Frémont have existing Romeo and Juliet clauses; it would probably be a good idea to standardize these in any case.

Before this is passed we should add some form of regionwide Romeo and Juliet protections. Otherwise the result of a consensual relationship between a 17 year old and an 18 year old will be treated the same as the result of an actual case of rape. And that doesn't at all sit well with my moral compass, personally.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 09:29:33 PM »

Here we are:

AN ACT

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "rape" refers to intercourse or other sexual acts performed without the affirmative consent of all parties.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "minor" refers to persons fewer than eighteen years of age.
iv. As it appears in this legislation, "adult" refers to persons of or more than eighteen years of age.

i. Convicted perpetrators of rape shall forfeit their right to custody of any child or children conceived as a consequence of that crime.
ii. Nothing in this Act shall be interpreted as to absolve a convicted perpetrator of rape from the obligation to pay child support to the parent of a child or children so conceived.

Section 3 (Age of consent)
i. No minor fewer than sixteen years of age is capable of giving affirmative consent to intercourse or other sexual acts with any adult.
ii. No minor sixteen or more years of age is capable of giving affirmative consent to intercourse or other sexual acts with any adult more than two years their elder.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 09:34:30 PM »

What is the legal definition for rape regionally and federally? I feel we should add a distinction between what sexual acts count as rape versus sexual harassment.

Otherwise I’m pretty cool with the rest of the amendment.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 11:19:39 PM »

The amendment is adopted.

What is the legal definition for rape regionally and federally? I feel we should add a distinction between what sexual acts count as rape versus sexual harassment.

Otherwise I’m pretty cool with the rest of the amendment.

The federal definition is, "Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim." (Source) Is this satisfactory?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2020, 11:23:11 PM »

Excellent, that clears up any concerns I may have on this bill.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2020, 11:42:38 PM »

Offering an amendment. This also creates a regional sex offender registry, per the member from Iowa's recommendation.
AN ACT

ii. As it appears in this legislation, "rape" refers to penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the affirmative consent of all parties.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "minor" refers to persons fewer than eighteen years of age.
iv. As it appears in this legislation, "adult" refers to persons of or more than eighteen years of age.

i. No minor fewer than sixteen years of age is capable of giving affirmative consent to intercourse or other sexual acts with any adult.
ii. No minor sixteen or more years of age is capable of giving affirmative consent to intercourse or other sexual acts with any adult more than two years their elder.

Section 4 (Sex offender registry)
i. A Commonwealth Sex Offender Registry (CSOR) is hereby established as a compendium of persons convicted of rape.
ii. All persons so convicted, as well as all persons convicted of rape under the laws of the Republic or another region, state, territory, or local jurisdiction thereof who shall reside in Frémont, shall be required to register with the CSOR. Those convicted of the rape of a minor will receive the additional designation, "pedophile."
iii. Registrants shall be prohibited from performing paid or unpaid labor related to medical care, child care, or the education of minors. Those with the designation, "pedophile," shall be prohibited from sharing the same place of residence with a minor.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 09:57:15 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2020, 12:19:55 PM by KoopaDaQuick »

Great amendment. Maybe we could add an extra clause to section 4 where you must add your sex offender status to any résumé.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 02:15:14 PM »

Great amendment. Maybe we could add an extra clause to section 4 where you must add your sex offender status to any résumé.
No need, most background checks usually go over this information.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »

No need, most background checks usually go over this information.

Touché. I say we move to a final vote, and any additions could be added later.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »

I move for a vote.
Roblox

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »

Now opening up a final vote here.

Aye.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »

Aye
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 09:09:51 PM »

Aye
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 09:47:40 PM »

Aye
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 11:04:16 PM »

Aye.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »

AN ACT

ii. As it appears in this legislation, "rape" refers to penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the affirmative consent of all parties.

Section 4 (Sex offender registry)
i. A Commonwealth Sex Offender Registry (CSOR) is hereby established as a compendium of persons convicted of rape.
ii. All persons so convicted, as well as all persons convicted of rape under the laws of the Republic or another region, state, territory, or local jurisdiction thereof who shall reside in Frémont, shall be required to register with the CSOR. Those convicted of the rape of a minor will receive the additional designation, "pedophile."
iii. Registrants shall be prohibited from performing paid or unpaid labor related to medical care, child care, or the education of minors. Those with the designation, "pedophile," shall be prohibited from sharing the same place of residence with a minor.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies