5th Council of Lincoln Legislative Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:28:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  5th Council of Lincoln Legislative Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5th Council of Lincoln Legislative Introduction Thread  (Read 829 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: October 28, 2019, 10:11:17 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2019, 10:18:14 PM by Chancellor S019 »

Any and all drafted legislation intended for consideration in the Council of Lincoln must be posted in this thread. You do not need to be a Councilor to post your bill; however, it is required by law that all legislation be sponsored by a sitting Councilor before it can be discussed and, presumably, voted upon.

It is recommended you check the Lincoln Statute to ensure the item has not been previously addressed.

Finally, this is strictly an introduction thread. No debating or voting is to occur here under any circumstances. Commentary or discussion on bills prior to their formal introduction on the floor and all such posts should be posted in the thread linked below. Each bill requires its own thread which shall be posted by the Speaker in conjunction with and adherence to the Lincoln Constitution and the Council Standing Orders.

Discussion thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=342011.0
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 10:42:13 PM »

Lincoln Cabinet and Elections Reform Amendment

Article II, Section 7 of the Lincoln Constitution is hereby repealed.

Article III, Section 1 is hereby amended to read:

1. The people of the Region of Lincoln may initiate the recall of any officer of this Region, except the Associate Justice of the Circuit Court, the Minister of Regional Elections or the Chancellor or ministers of the Cabinet, from that office — though they may still be recalled in their capacities as councilors - by delivering to the Minister of Regional Elections a petition stating the reason for recall and signed by one tenth of the total population of the Region. The Minister of Regional Elections shall then open the voting booth, according to the rules and regulations for elections set forth in this Constitution; but if the officer to be recalled is the Minister of Regional Elections in their capacity as a councilor, then the Speaker of the Council shall open the voting booth. The ballot question shall be, “Shall [A.B.] be recalled from the office of [name of the office held]?” A vote of “YES” shall be considered a vote for recall; a vote of “NO” shall be considered a vote against recall. Abstentions will not affect the results. Recalled officers shall forfeit their offices immediately.

Article V, Section 3 is hereby amended to read:

3. All elections and referendums of this Region shall be administered by the Minister of Regional Elections. The Minister of Regional Elections shall be appointed by the Chancellor, shall serve at the pleasure of the chancellor, and may be impeached and removed from office by a vote of two-thirds of the Council. Whenever the Minister of Regional Elections is unable to execute this duty, the Speaker of the Council Governor shall administer the election. Whenever the Minister of Regional Elections and Governor are both unable to execute this duty, the Speaker of the Council shall administer the election.

Increasing Council Transition efficiency SOAP amendment

Section I. The Amendment
1. Section 2 of the Standing Orders of the Council of Lincoln shall be amended as follows

Section 2. Movement of Legislation to the Floor
E. After any election for the Council, all legislation slots shall be emptied and all pending legislation shall be considered automatically tabled.

Reintroducing these because they didn't pass before the adjournment last council. Drafted with Peanut, can someone please sponsor them (again) so they can get to the floor.

I will sponsor this
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

I introduce the following
Amendment to the Standing Orders

Section 2.B. shall be amended as follows

i. In Councils with 5 Councillors or less; there may be up to 7 threads about legislation. 5 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the government and 2 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the opposition.

ii. In Councils with 6 or 7 Councillors; there may be up to 9 threads about legislation. 6 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the government and 3 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the opposition.

iii. In Councils with 8 or more Councillors; there may be up to 11 threads about legislation. 7 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the government and 4 threads shall be reserved for legislation introduced or sponsored by members of the opposition.

iv. In cases where there is no opposition all available slots allocated for that Council shall be slots of the government
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 10:47:41 PM »

I introduce the following:

ACT TO ESTABLISH A LIVING WAGE

A. HOURLY WAGE

I. The hourly wage in Lincoln shall be no less than $12 an hour
II. Any work over 8 hours on a given day shall count as overtime hours
III. Any overtime pay shall be an hourly amount of time and a half or at least $18

B. IMPLEMENTATION

II. This bill will take effect one week after being signed by the Governor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 10:49:09 PM »

I introduce the following:

LINCOLN CLIMATE CHANGE CONTROL ACT OF 2019

A. OFFSHORE DRILLING BAN
I. Lincoln shall hereby issue an immediate ban on any offshore drilling within 10 miles of the coast of Lincoln or of any land that belongs to Lincoln
II. Any company in violation of this policy will pay a fine of no less than $10 million

B. MORATORIUM ON FRACKING

I. A moratorium, which shall be effective immediately after the implementation of the bill, shall be established on all fracking in the entire region of Lincoln.
II. This moratorium shall last 3 years, after which it will be determined, whether or not it should be lifted. A two-thirds majority shall be required to lift the moratorium.
III. Any company in violation of this policy shall pay a fine of no less than $10 million
IV. Companies in violation, that engage in offshore drilling, shall pay this fine and the one in Sec A.II.

C. PHASING OUT FOSSIL FUELS

I. The phasing out of petroleum drilling shall occur gradually over a 5 year period
II. Any company drilling petroleum after this deadline will be charged a fine of no less than $15 million.
III. Any company who stops drilling at least 2 years before the deadline, shall receive a 2% tax credit on all taxes for the next year
IV. The phasing out of coal shall occur over a 3 year period
V. Any coal mines still in operation after the 3 year period, will result in a fine to the mine’s owner of no less than $20 million.
VI. Companies shall receive a tax credit of 5% on next years’ taxes if they close their mines within 6 months of the implementation of this bill
VII. Manufacturing of the nitrous oxide engine shall be banned, effective immediately after the implementation of this bill.
VIII. Any company who still manufactures the engine after this time period, will be fined a fine of no less than $10 million.

D. CAPS ON EMISSIONS

I. A regional agency called the Lincoln Department of Environmental Protection shall be created following the passage of this bill
II. This agency shall set caps on emissions for the following gases: carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide
III. Any company who violates the cap will be fined $12 million for each percent that they are over the limit
IV. The cap should be decreased by 5% each year

E. IMPLEMENTATION

I. This law shall take effect two weeks after being signed by the governor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:19 PM »

Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act

SECTION I: NAME

1. This bill may be cited as the Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act.
2. This bill may, in short, be cited as the Lincoln Assault Weapon Ban Act.

SECTION II: ASSAULT WEAPON BAN

1. There shall be a regiowide ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of assualt weapons, these weapons include semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns, which can accept detachable magazines, as well as revolving cylindrical shotguns.

2. Any weapon that is purchased, sold, or possessed may not have a folding or collapsible stock, a bayonet lug, a threaded barrel, a grenade launcher, or a barrel shroud.

SECTION III: AUTOMATIC WEAPON BAN

1. There shall be a ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of fully automatic weapons, also known as Title II weapons under the National Firearms Act.

SECTION IV: LEGAL LIABILITIES FOR GUN MANUFACTURERS

1. Gun manufacturers may be sued if their weapons are used in violent crimes, by family members, close friends, and/or legal counsel of family members or close friends of gun violence victims.

2. Manufacturers may be sued for up to $15 million.

3. These cases will be be submitted to, heard, and ruled on by Lincoln's regional Justice.

SECTION V: GUN TAX

1. There shall be a 15% additional tax imposed on all shotguns

2. There shall be a 30% additional tax imposed on all handguns and pistols

3. There shall be a 50% additional tax imposed on all other firearms, that are legal to purchase, under this bill.

SECTION VI: TIMING

1. This bill shall take effect, one week after being signed by the Governor.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »

Lincoln Gun Licensing Act of 2019

SECTION I:  Reinstating the Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018

1. The Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018 is hereby reinstated with the following provisions:

Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018

Section 1: Gun Licensing

i. A license shall be required to purchase and carry a firearm in the region of Lincoln.
ii. This license shall be required to be renewed every two three years.
iii. There shall be three categories of gun licenses: Class A for handguns, Class B for rifles and shotguns, and Class C for assault rifles or other semi-automatic weapons.
iv. To obtain a Class A license, a citizen must not have committed a violent crime, must have proof of passing a handgun training class and safety exam at a government approved facility, and must be at least 18 years of age.
v. To obtain a Class B license, a citizen must meet Class A requirements as well as have not committed a felony, except for those only regarding finance, have proof of passing a shotgun/rifle training class and safety exam class at a government approved facility, and pass a mental health test issued by a psychologist.
vi. To obtain a Class C license, a citizen must meet Class B requirements as well as having proof of a reasonable cause for having a Class C license, having proof of passing an assault weapon training and safety exam at a government approved facility, and be at least 21 years of age.
vii. The testing materials for the exams in the sections above shall be distributed for free by the government of Lincoln through the internet
viii. The tests for the exams in the sections above shall be conducted at any facility that performs tests for driver's licenses. The government of Lincoln shall not charge any fees for performing this exam

vii. 50% of the cost of licenses is to be covered by the applicant, the remaining 50% is to be covered by the government of Lincoln.

Section 2: Bans
i. Bump stocks and suppressors shall also be considered prohibited to operate, purchase, sell, or possess by private citizens. Magazines with more then 10 rounds of ammunition are also prohibited.
ii. Any individual that possess, uses, sells or purchases any of the above devices may face a fine not exceeding $100,000 and jail sentence not exceeding 3 years for all convictions made at a single point in time.
iii. Any individual who made a specific threat against a specific a specific citizen, business or institution in Lincoln within the last 60 days from the time they attempt to squire a firearm in Lincoln.

Section 3: Firearm Gifting and Sale Liability
i. Any individual residing in Lincoln that gifts or sells a firearm to any individual that uses it to commit a violent crime may be held both civilly and criminally liable if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that they knew or ought to have known it was illegal for the individual to own or operate the firearm or that it would be used in a crime.

Section 4: Public School Security
i. All visitors as defined as a non-current student or faculty to a public school in Lincoln is must have any bags searched by a staff member situated at the front door before they are allowed to enter the School.

Section 5: Bureau of Firearm Safety and Licensing
i. The Bureau of Firearm Safety and Licensing (BFSL) is to be established.
ii. The BFSL shall have an NPC director that is appointed by the governor. The director is to handle hiring all other personnel. The governor can dissolve and reform the BFSL if deemed necessary.
iii. The BFSL is to oversee all proceedings of obtaining a firearms license and collect fines incurred from violations of gun laws.
iv. Collected fines are to be sent to a fund which is to be used to cover the government costs of licensing.

Section 6: Implementation

i. Sections 1 and 5 shall go into effect on January 1st, 2019.
ii. Sections 2, 3, and 4 shall go into effect immediately upon passage.

SECTION II: Implementation
1. This bill shall go into effect 1 month after passage.
2. Current gun owners shall be given a 2 year transition period where they can be allowed to keep and use their guns without a license.

This is basically an old licensing proposal from a past Council, that I think would be a good bill to debate and try to pass
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 12:13:41 AM »

Lincoln Really Cares about Climate Change Act

I. SUBSIDIES TO FOSSIL FUELS

1. The government of Lincoln shall immediately terminate any subsidies that it gives to the fossil fuel industry

II. SUBSIDIES FOR SOLAR POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the solar industry
2. This pilot program shall last for a duration after 10 years, at which point the Council may choose to continue or discontinue it
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $20 million to the solar industry

III. SUBSIDIES FOR WIND POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the wind industry
2. This pilot program shall last for a duration after 10 years, at which point the Council may choose to continue or discontinue it
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $15 million to the wind industry

IV. SUBSIDES FOR HYDROELECTRIC POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the hydroelectric industry
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $10 million to the hydroelectric industry

V. IMPLEMENTATION

Sections II-IV of this legislation will take effect upon the passage of the next budget, Section I will take effect immediately after being signed by the governor.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »

Introducing the following:

Reinstating Affirmative Action in Lincoln

I. Repeal of the Ban

A. LC 2.18 is repealed, effective immediately

II. Implementation

A. This law shall take effect two weeks after being signed by the governor.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2019, 02:06:12 AM »

Introducing this:

PSOL's National Guard Reorganization and Modernization act

Preamble

Provided with the fact of repeated intrusions, armed insurrections, unpredictable weather patterns, and melodrama from foreign actors acted against this fine Region of Lincoln, it is safe to say that Lincoln needs to be at an equal footing to deal with threats on its sovereignty.

This legislation seeks to protect Lincoln residents by having a multirole organization to deal with events both occurring simultaneously and in need of an agile response.

Section I: Naming

1. This act shall be named the National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act

Section II: Reorganization of Priorities
1. The National guard shall be bounded by several preconditions for deployment in Lincoln
(a) As an auxiliary force for first responders in the wake of a large scale incident
   I. Disruption of the peace by armed hostile actors
       1. May not be used in the face of protests with a lack of a heavily armed hostile actor
            (a) Heavily-armed refers to documented widespread use of firearms and explosives
   II. A lack of ability for local first responders to deal with a natural disaster
       (a) May then be allowed to intervene for the purposes of
             1. Medical assistance
             2. Preserving peace
             3. Infrastructure rebuilding
             4. Sortition of essential needs
   III. Such a severity in need of a possible deployment shall be left to the decision of the Governors personal discretion

Section III: Reorganization
1. The National Guard of Lincoln shall be organized in the following way
(a) The leading position of the force, the Chief, shall be appointed by the governor from
   I. A minimum set requirement of being
       1. Living in Lincoln as a primary resident more than 10 years
       2. Having acquired the minimum rank of an officer for 5+ years
       3. Having no record of an act of
            I. Nepotism
            II. Embezzlement

(b) The National Guard of Lincoln shall be divided into Models resembling the official functions of the Atlasian Armed Forces
     I. An Army
     II. An Airforce
     III. A regional Coast Guard
     IV. An Engineer Corps
     V. A Medical Corps
(c) The standards of the National Guard shall be met by following the current standards of the Atlasian Armed forces the start of the fiscal year
(d) The budget for this National Guard shall amass to 0.5% more the cumulative budget of the other regions budget to a National Guard or equivalent force
Section IV: Nongovernmental Revenue Procurement

1. The National Guard will have a holiday every July 1st as a regional spectacle
(a) Such an event will occur where of the regional Government’s choosing
(b) Will cooperate with local businesses to create a festive environment
(c) there will be a designated area open to the public only after the purchase of tickets
2. Retired or damaged stock shall be sold for the purposes of civilian usage after modifications done to the equipment and assets to remove military-grade qualitative features so as to follow regional law

section V: implementation
1. This bill shall be made into law at January 1st, 2020

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 11:26:21 PM »

Looking for a sponsor:

Preventing Hate-based Intimidation by Police Officers Act

To provide training for police officers in order to prevent acts of hate-based intimidation.

Section 1. Short title

This Act shall be cited as the “Preventing Hate-based Intimidation by Police Officers Act.

Section 2. Definition

As used in Act, unless otherwise provided or indicated by the context, the term “hate-based intimidation” shall mean a threat of physical injury, harm to property or other injury motivated by hatred toward an individual's or group of individuals' actual or perceived:
(1) race;
(2) color;
(3) religion;
(4) national origin;
(5) ancestry;
(6) sex;
(7) gender or gender identity;
(Cool sexual orientation;
(9) intellectual disability;
(10) physical or sensory disability; or
(11) behavioral or mental health

Section 3. Training

(a) In general. -

There is hereby established a commission to be known as the "Police Hate-based Intimidation Prevention Commission", hereinafter referred to as the “commission”.

(b) Purpose. -

The commission shall develop and provide training on hate-based intimidation to police officers. The commission may also consult with relevant stakeholders in developing the training. The training shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Identification of hate-based intimidation.
(2) Methods to address hate-based intimidation.
(3) Reporting of hate-based intimidation.
(4) Hate-based intimidation recordkeeping.

Section 4. Implementation

This Act shall take effect 60 days after passage.

I will sponsor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 08:56:25 PM »

Looking for a sponsor:

School Bus and School Vehicle Student Safety Act

To require all school buses to have surveillance cameras and seat belts; requiring school bus and school vehicle drivers to be distraction-free.

Section 1. Short title

This Act shall be cited as the “School Bus and School Vehicle Student Safety Act".

Section 2. Requirements

(a) Surveillance. -

Every school bus registered in the region of Lincoln shall be required to have a video monitoring system that, at a minimum, includes an internal camera positioned so that every seat is within the camera's field of vision and one of the following:
(i) an internal camera positioned outward so that the road ahead is within the camera's field of vision; or
(ii) an external camera.

(b) Seat Belts. -

Every school bus registered in the region of Lincoln shall be equipped with or be fitted with retractable seat belts. No passenger may be carried for whom a seat belt is not available. Each passenger shall use a seat belt when the bus is in motion.

Section 3. Distracted Drivers

(a) In general. -

While operating a school bus or a school vehicle registered in the region of Lincoln on any road when the school bus or school vehicle is in motion and is transporting one or more passengers, no individual may:
(i) consume food or beverages; or
(ii) operate a cellphone.

(b) Exception. -

The prohibition in subsection (a) does not apply when the school bus or school vehicle is:
(i) parked in a safe area off of a road;
(ii) the consumption of food or beverages is necessary for a medical condition; or
(ii) the operation of the cellular telephone occurs during an emergency situation.

(c) Fines. -

A person who violates this section commits a summary offense and shall, upon conviction, be sentenced to pay a fine of not less than fifty dollars nor more than two hundred dollars. The fine shall be five hundred dollars if the violation causes a vehicular accident.

(d) Definitions. -

As used in Section, unless otherwise provided or indicated by the context, the term "emergency situation" shall mean a call made to:
(i) an emergency system response operator or 911 public safety communications dispatcher;
(ii) a hospital or emergency room;
(iii) a physician's office or health clinic;
(iv) an ambulance or fire department rescue service;
(v) a fire department or volunteer fire department;
(vi) a police department;
(vii) a school district building or central dispatch; or
(viii) an emergency roadside assistance agency or towing or repair businesses.

Section 4. Implementation

Section 2(a) of this Act shall take effect 90 days after passage; Section 2(b) of this Act shall take effect 180 days after passage; Section 3 of this Act shall take effect immediately after passage.

I will sponsor
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies