United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:27:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 136876 times)
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« on: November 15, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »

What a boring election.

But basically everyone has no one to blame but themselves

Labour for not ditching Corbyn

LibDems for a ridiculous policy of defying the will of the people regardless of what they might say in a second referendum

Brexit - for not fighting the Tories nationwide. If they did I think they could actually win a handful of seats. But not fighting a full campaign has definitely discouraged voters and Farage not running was a putrid mistake because most Brexit party voters look up to him a lot and would be more motivated to vote for them knowing they’d be led by Farage in parliament.

Yawn
Labour isn't New Labour anymore.

Yup. And they’re paying the price for it.

New Blair would throttle this Tory party

You do realize there already is a party for the metropolitan upper class? A non-insignificant part of Corbyn's success comes from people who are left wing economically and, for the want of a better term, anti-SJW. How exactly would turning the party into Lib Dems but in red help, I don't understand.

In any case, it's not the 90s, when everybody was trying to be the centristest centrist (on the left at least). The strategy worked well then,  but then is then and now is now. Just see my sig.
Estrella

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »

6.7 million viewersv.  Not a good number at all.

That's more than ten percent of the electorate.

2010 first debate audience =9,679,000  29,687,684 voted
2015 first debate audience =8.8 million. 30,697,525 voted.

In 2017 May refused to debate.  This is one reason she failed to secure a majority in the election.

Does’nt 6,700,000 seem a little puny..

This is the third general election (and fourth major vote, counting the 2016 referendum) in four years. For over three years now, Brexit and its fallout haven't been out of the news. Frankly, I'm surprised more people aren't turned off by politics at this point.
Estrella

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 08:40:33 AM »

Yeah, so when Irish reunification happens, is there any chance of Liverpool joining too?

England doesn't deserve them

This reminds me of some hilarious idea that Brexiteers flung around in 2016, suggesting that the answer to the Irish border is get the Republic of Ireland to re-join the UK. The Brexiteers' idea of "enticing" the Irish to re-join was essentially 1) move the UK capital to Liverpool, and 2) build an undersea tunnel from Dublin to Liverpool to ensure "connectivity" or something.

Imagine thinking the Irish would get in on that deal.

Maybe someplace more neutral would've helped convince them? Liverpool is still technically England after all. What about Isle of Man? Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies