Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 20, 2020, 12:58:16 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, Hash, Let the hero born of woman crush the IDP with his heel)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 77258 times)
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« on: November 01, 2019, 06:23:52 pm »

Iain Duncan Smith - another London seat, and one Labour basically has to win to call it a remotely good night (and they could even win it on a pretty lousy score as well.

This is a very exciting one since his Labour opponent will become an instant national star (a real one, not just someone like Pidcock - who I like - who has a cach among Labour supporters but not a grand national profile) upon her victory.   
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 11:45:28 am »

If you were to go off of current polling, Conservatives will pick up a bunch of seats, Labour will be crushed, Brexit Party might pick up a couple seats, and Liberal Democrats will win a bunch of seats too.

Current polling. Of course, the same thing was said about the general election in 2017. We all know how that ended.

Thank you for the insight, brother. Prayer Emoji.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:08:48 am »

It also seems some BxP people due to stand in Tory seats had no knowledge of this decision and are not happy about it.

Indeed. To quote the (former) Brexit Party Candidate in Crawley:

...my man is a Scientologist!!!
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 05:23:24 pm »

lmao guys I just realized Jared O'Mara actually managed to stay until dissolution
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 06:02:53 pm »

Well-deserved.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 04:49:49 pm »

I see weve reached a new peak of Corbyn Derangement Syndrome.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 11:04:33 am »

This stuff is just hysterical, man. Is there a single prominent politician in recent memory - in any Democratic country - to inspire this degree of lunacy?

SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 04:21:06 pm »

In glamorous Bury this weekend so had the chance to watch the Question Time thingy and er, Jo Swinson, yikes....

Swinson was fine. It's just the audience was packed with Corbynites to trip her up, because contrary to some belief, the media is biased in favour of Corbyn, not against him.

"Some belief" = Literally the only reasonable description of observable reality. This is a media that reports on the arguably mispronunciation of a pedophile's surname as a national crisis while four million people are forced to use food banks. Even the most deranged of anti-Corbyn partisans cannot seriously defend the media's conduct against the man over the last four years.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 04:23:17 pm »

In glamorous Bury this weekend so had the chance to watch the Question Time thingy and er, Jo Swinson, yikes....

Swinson was fine. It's just the audience was packed with Corbynites to trip her up, because contrary to some belief, the media is biased in favour of Corbyn, not against him.

No.

She was terrible; one of the worst TV guttings of any political leader I've seen.

You're talking to someone who sincerely thinks the commentariat is biased in favor of Jeremy Corbyn. There's no point in even engaging.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 04:24:56 pm »

Swinson posts live footage of her party walking towards single-digit polling:
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 10:18:59 pm »

Chuka Umunna is a single person, as much as his baffling political transgressions over the past few years might suggest otherwise. Tongue

I agree with the bulk of your argument, though: A LD surge that takes out BoJo is a particularly deranged fantasy. A net loss for the LDs compared to their current total but not their 2017 result is basically guaranteed, as far as I'm concerned.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 12:40:03 pm »

hahahahahahahaha

SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 01:10:14 pm »

There are murmurs that 'internal polling' has Jo Swinson under water in her own seat.

Beautiful! I'm adverse to tactical voting as a matter of principle (even if I lived in a Tory/LD marginal there's no way that I'd vote for any party other than Labour as long as they have someone as flawless as Corbyn as their leader) but I'd certainly vote SNP in East Dunbartonshire to give the Yellow Tories yet another well-deserved humiliation.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 04:22:34 pm »

There are murmurs that 'internal polling' has Jo Swinson under water in her own seat.

Beautiful! I'm adverse to tactical voting as a matter of principle (even if I lived in a Tory/LD marginal there's no way that I'd vote for any party other than Labour as long as they have someone as flawless as Corbyn as their leader) but I'd certainly vote SNP in East Dunbartonshire to give the Yellow Tories yet another well-deserved humiliation.

Which is why her winning easily will be the most pleasurable of the numerous wonderful disappointments you will endure on election night

Probably, yeah.
SANDSLIDE 2020🌹
wolfentoad66
YaBB God
Northern Mariana Islands

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 04:23:05 pm »

"I'm adverse to tactical voting as a matter of principle - even if I lived in a Tory/Liberal Democrat marginal there's no way that I'd vote for any other than Labour as long as they have someone as flawless as Corbyn as their leader - but I'd certain vote SNP in East Dunbartonshire to give the Liberal Democrats yet another well-deserved humiliation."

This is an entirely hypocritical contradictory statement. You destroy and make everything in between the dashes meaningless with everything stated after the 2nd dash, because after stating there is no way you would vote against a Corbyn-led Labour candidate regardless of the nature of the electoral district, you state circumstances that would have you voting against the Corbyn-led Labour candidate.

According to my calculations, you sir have _
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies