Issues with uploading results
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  Issues with uploading results
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issues with uploading results  (Read 303 times)
jinkinson
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2019, 10:51:52 PM »

I just attempted to submit election results (specifically for the 2016 Democratic presidential primary in Indiana by congressional district) via this link, which I think is the right one to use: https: //uselectionatlas. org/SCRIPTS/election_upload.php (delete spaces, I can't post links yet)

But I was unsuccessful because it said I hadn't entered enough data. What exactly is missing that I would need to add is unclear. What is clear is that there are many very frustrating things about this interface, including:

*There is no option for "president of the United States". You can choose a senate or governor race but, insanely, the MOST prominent and powerful office in politics in this country is NOT available, necessitating selecting "referendum 8" or some bullsh**t and then typing in "President of the United States" as the "name of the referendum".

*When entering candidates' names in the form you only have one option per party affiliation (one Dem, one Rep, one independent), EVEN IF YOU SPECIFICALLY SELECTED PRIMARY, meaning that by definition there are multiple candidates of the same party, you have to awkwardly shoehorn in the second such candidate under an incorrect affiliation.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 10:16:09 AM »

Only Dave can upload presidential results.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies