FT 13.14 – Paid and Long Service Leave Act (Law)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:08:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 13.14 – Paid and Long Service Leave Act (Law)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 13.14 – Paid and Long Service Leave Act (Law)  (Read 343 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2019, 06:52:44 PM »
« edited: November 15, 2019, 06:11:15 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to guarantee fair paid leave for all workers

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Paid and Long Service Leave Act of 2019." It may be cited as the "Paid Leave Act" or as the "PLA."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "employee" shall refer to any person employed to do work in Frémont.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "long-time employee" shall refer to any person employed by the same company for a period of or exceeding ten years, whether consecutively or with interruption.

Section 2 (Annual paid leave)
i. Every employee shall be entitled to thirty days' paid leave a year.

Section 3 (Long service leave)
i. Every long-time employee shall be entitled to no less than twelve weeks' paid leave every decade, beginning the tenth year of their employment.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This Act shall take effect January 1, 2020.
Sponsor: Harry S Truman, FM

The first minister has the floor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »

On making a review of the statute, Frémont's laws governing mandatory paid leave for full and part-time employees are scanty at best: this Act, therefore, would propose a remedy by guaranteeing to every employee 30 days' paid leave a year, or 2.5 per month, while also recognizing the commitment of the longest tenured workers by awarding 12 weeks' paid leave at the end of every decade. Credit to the honorable member from Washington for inspiring this second provision, which is apparently a long-standing practice in Australia.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »

On making a review of the statute, Frémont's laws governing mandatory paid leave for full and part-time employees are scanty at best: this Act, therefore, would propose a remedy by guaranteeing to every employee 30 days' paid leave a year, or 2.5 per month, while also recognizing the commitment of the longest tenured workers by awarding 12 weeks' paid leave at the end of every decade. Credit to the honorable member from Washington for inspiring this second provision, which is apparently a long-standing practice in Australia.

The member from New Zealand will be outraged you've forgot that they have it too.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 12:18:48 PM »

'Kay, I move for a final vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:44:28 PM »

Seeing no objection, we proceed to a vote. Members will vote Aye, Nay, or abstain. Voting will last 48 hours or until all members have voted.

Aye!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 10:51:09 PM »

Aye
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 06:09:18 PM »

AN ACT
to guarantee fair paid leave for all workers

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Paid and Long Service Leave Act of 2019." It may be cited as the "Paid Leave Act" or as the "PLA."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "employee" shall refer to any person employed to do work in Frémont.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "long-time employee" shall refer to any person employed by the same company for a period of or exceeding ten years, whether consecutively or with interruption.

Section 2 (Annual paid leave)
i. Every employee shall be entitled to thirty days' paid leave a year.

Section 3 (Long service leave)
i. Every long-time employee shall be entitled to no less than twelve weeks' paid leave every decade, beginning the tenth year of their employment.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This Act shall take effect January 1, 2020.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies