Was 2004 the only time in history when VA and WV had a similar chance to go Dem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:34:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Was 2004 the only time in history when VA and WV had a similar chance to go Dem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Was 2004 the only time in history when VA and WV had a similar chance to go Dem  (Read 1282 times)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 01, 2019, 03:24:19 AM »

Not related to the question at hand, but I always wonder what made Virginia go republican so fast? I mean, it was the second southern state to really resoundingly reject the democrats, the first being florida, but unlike Florida where there were several elections which it did either go democrat or at least was a swing state, Virginia was TITANIUM republican from Fifty Two to O Eight, with only LBJ winning out of those bunch, and only Carter his first time getting even close -one of the elections I mentioned above where Florida did go Dem-, and was the only southern state decided by less than ten percent. I just find it so odd how that one took such a Republican turn so fast compared to the others, which took decades to fully reject the democrat platform
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies