Office of Lincoln Chancellor S019
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:31:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Chancellor S019
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Chancellor S019  (Read 1091 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 31, 2019, 09:19:43 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2021, 03:12:22 PM by S019 »

Arlen Specter, member of the United States Senate from Pennsylvania.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arlen_Specter

Office of the Speaker of the Lincoln Council

Current offices:

Lincoln Council Speaker: January 28, 2020-Present
Lincoln Councilor: October 23, 2019-Present

Previous offices:

Chancellor of Lincoln: October 28, 2019-January 28, 2020
Lincoln Councilor: April 23, 2019-June 24, 2019
Leader of the Lincoln Council Opposition (position shared with thr33): April 28, 2019-May 5, 2019
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 09:33:02 PM »

Peanut of Illinois shall be appointed Minister of Regional Elections, effective immediately.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »

LINCOLN CLIMATE CHANGE CONTROL ACT OF 2019

A. OFFSHORE DRILLING BAN
I. Lincoln shall hereby issue an immediate ban on any offshore drilling within 10 miles of the coast of Lincoln or of any land that belongs to Lincoln
II. Any company in violation of this policy will pay a fine of no less than $10 million

B. MORATORIUM ON FRACKING

I. A moratorium, which shall be effective immediately after the implementation of the bill, shall be established on all fracking in the entire region of Lincoln.
II. This moratorium shall last 3 years, after which it will be determined, whether or not it should be lifted. A two-thirds majority shall be required to lift the moratorium.
III. Any company in violation of this policy shall pay a fine of no less than $10 million
IV. Companies in violation, that engage in offshore drilling, shall pay this fine and the one in Sec A.II.

C. PHASING OUT FOSSIL FUELS

I. The phasing out of petroleum drilling shall occur gradually over a 8 year period
II. Any company drilling petroleum after this deadline will be charged a fine of no less than $15 million.
III. Any company who stops drilling at least 4 years before the deadline, shall receive a 2% tax credit on all taxes for the next year
IV. The phasing out of coal shall occur over a 5 year period
V. Any coal mines still in operation after the 5 year period, will result in a fine to the mine’s owner of no less than $20 million.
VI. Companies shall receive a tax credit of 5% on next years’ taxes if they close their mines within 1 year of the implementation of this bill
VII. Manufacturing of the nitrous oxide engine shall be banned, effective immediately after the implementation of this bill.
VIII. Any company who still manufactures the engine after this time period, will be fined a fine of no less than $10 million.

D. CAPS ON EMISSIONS

I. A regional agency called the Lincoln Department of Environmental Protection shall be created following the passage of this bill
II. This agency shall set caps on emissions for the following gases: carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide
III. Any company who violates the cap will be fined $12 million for each percent that they are over the limit
IV. The cap should be decreased by 5% each year

E. IMPLEMENTATION

I. This law shall take effect two weeks after being signed by the governor

X S019, Acting Governor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »

The Order of the North Star is granted to the following individual for his long and dignified service to Lincoln and Atlasia:

Mr. Ninja0428 of New Jersey for his long and dignified Atlasian career including serving in the offices of Secretary of Internal Affairs, Speaker of the House, and Senator of Lincoln

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 09:31:47 PM »

Ninja0428 of Lincoln shall be appointed Minister of Internal Affairs, effective immediately.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 11:04:13 AM »

The positions of Minister for Internal Affairs and Minister for Justice were abolished through the Cabinet Reform amendment which passed last election.
Also it's legally questionable whether an Acting Governor has the power to bestow honours.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 11:15:13 AM »

The positions of Minister for Internal Affairs and Minister for Justice were abolished through the Cabinet Reform amendment which passed last election.
Also it's legally questionable whether an Acting Governor has the power to bestow honours.
S019 is acting on behalf of Peanut, who publicly intended to award me the ONS during his term as governor, but forgot to.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 11:17:32 AM »

S019 is acting on behalf of Peanut, who publicly intended to award me the ONS during his term as governor, but forgot to.
He's not acting on behalf of Peanut. Peanut resigned and he, as Chancellor is Acting Governor in the interim period before a new Governor can be elected.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »

He's not acting on behalf of Peanut. Peanut resigned and he, as Chancellor is Acting Governor in the interim period before a new Governor can be elected.
He is acting governor in place of Peanut. Not that it matters, there is no legal limitation to the power of an acting governor, nor is there a reason for you to care.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »

He is acting governor in place of Peanut. Not that it matters, there is no legal limitation to the power of an acting governor, nor is there a reason for you to care.
It's a potential grey area and I thought I might as well point it out after my main point noting the appointment to an office that was abolished four weeks ago.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 02:32:11 PM »

It is always presumed than an acting or interim official has all of the powers and prerogatives of the office they (temporarily) assume. Thus we have had interim presidents nominate game moderators and members of the Supreme Court, acting senators vote on and introduce legislation, and acting governors sign bills into law.

Quote from: Constitution of the Northern Region, Article II§5, as amended
The chancellor, who must be a member of the Council, shall have the power [. . .] to administer the functions of the head of state as acting governor upon the death, impeachment, recall, or resignation of the governor, or whenever he should otherwise become unable to execute the duties of his office.

"The functions of the head of state" necessarily includes all powers vested in the governor by law, in absence of a statement to the contrary in the constitution itself.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »

Right Honorable Acting Governor, I formally request the right to form a Government in your name. I believe I have the confidence of the Council.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 09:35:22 PM »

Good evening,

I am opening up a Speaker's Questions forum

To avoid this forum becoming a derailed joke, I have some rules:

1. I reserve the right to declare a question frivolous or irrelevant
2. I reserve the right to not answer a question
3. I reserve the right to eject members from the downhill
4. Questions should mainly be about Lincoln and not about me personally or about historical views
5. Questions from Lincoln citizens have priority over residents of other regions

Look forward to hearing your questions!
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »

Seeing as we are both speakers of regional legislatures, who do you think is best fit to preside over the Southern Chamber of Delegates?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 09:45:14 PM »

Seeing as we are both speakers of regional legislatures, who do you think is best fit to preside over the Southern Chamber of Delegates?

I personally believe that Tim Turner should remain Speaker, and I oppose the attempts to remove him.  Also seeing as promises of activity have arrived from the Office of the Deputy Speaker, it's clear that the Deputy will be active, and the Speaker's main job is to create new threads, which TimTurner does do for new bills. Additionally, the Speaker of the COD has historically been somewhat of a ceremonial position, with the Deputy doing a significant amount of work. So, in short, I oppose the efforts to remove TimTurner and/or PragmaticPopulist.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »

1. Why do you refuse to sponsor the Lincoln DICTATORSHIP Act? It's common sense that elections for Governor are unnecessary as no one will ever cast a vote against Sestak again, meme write ins aside.

2. Would you ever buy a gun of any type?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 10:51:11 PM »

Why do you support racist policies?
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 11:23:12 PM »

As a Lincolnite why are you carpetbagging outside of Lincoln at every opportunity?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2020, 07:12:33 PM »

What are your religious beliefs, if any?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2021, 02:30:11 PM »

Executive Office of the Chancellor

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: EXECUTIVE ORDER 10-1

1. The Lincoln region recognizes the importance of providing opportunities to underprivileged minorities, like Hispanics and African Americans

2. The Lincoln region recognizes that the system has historically been unfair to minorities

3. The Lincoln region encourages establishments, like universities and workplaces to accept or hire a greater amount of people of underprivileged backgrounds

4. The Lincoln region requires that establishments, like universities and workplaces, work to make their acceptance or hiring processes more fair by hiring or accepting a diverse and representative population that includes those who belong to minority groups, that are historically underprivileged.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2021, 08:30:29 PM »

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: EXECUTIVE ORDER 10-2

1. Harry S. Truman of North Dakota is appointed as the attorney for the Lincoln Government in the case, Dwarven Dragon v. Region of Lincoln
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 04:29:23 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2021, 04:32:36 PM by Thank you to all Republicans who put country over party! »

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: EXECUTIVE ORDER 10-3

1. Harry S. Truman of North Dakota is appointed as the attorney for the Lincoln Government in the case, Ninja0428 v. Region of Lincoln

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »

A Statement

The recalcitrance of the Governor of Vermont to enforced regulations aimed at containing the novel-coronavirus is alarming to me and my office, as it may have been to many of you. In fact, putting issues of coronavirus aside, we sit here and face the most serious act of nullification since the South broke off in 1860. In fact in 1828, following the passage of the Tariff of 1828 by then President John Quincy Adams, South Carolina attempted to nullify the law, Mr. Adams' successor despite having ideological opposition to the law chose to do his job. Since 1828, lower authorities have been bound to follow laws handed down from higher authorities. The governor of Vermont has shown a complete abdication of government, and I trust that she no longer has the confidence of her people, nor does she have the confidence of me. I would urge the upper echelon of the Federalist Party to alert Mrs. Campbell of the history and danger of nullification in this country. Quite frankly, the stage is set for another Nullification Crisis, the ball is in the Governor's court, what shall she do? The world awaits.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 02:35:31 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2021, 02:40:46 PM by S019 »

Clarification

Let me stress that I wish this to be resolved in a peaceful manner, and urge the governor to resign or urge for the commencement of proceedings regarding articles of impeachment.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies