To What Extent is Jacob-Rees Mogg Acting a Persona? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:25:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  To What Extent is Jacob-Rees Mogg Acting a Persona? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To What Extent is Jacob-Rees Mogg Acting a Persona?  (Read 1216 times)
cp
United Kingdom

« on: November 05, 2019, 01:47:46 PM »

I tend to think JRM deep down knows that it might once ehave been an act, but now it is his whole personality. If anyone has seen the recent movie 'Jojo Rabbit," JRM probably initially was like the main character. In his youth he wanted to be part of a 'cool kids club,' felt his personal identity was being challenged, and so went the whole hog to act out his role. Very common phenomenon for someone to become even more committed and defensive of their identity if challenged on said identity. If you are going to be called a old country gentleman, might live the part you know - wear your weaknesses as a badge of honor and all that. Nowadays, that's just his life, the decisions you make in your youth persist long into adulthood.

Now on him becoming PM: I'm sure JRM would like the job but probably can never get it. I feel he is like Ted Cruz in many ways. He's detestable, despicable, old-fashioned, but if you have to elect someone with his sort of views to government, then it has to be him. Their both just too well versed in legalese and like I said before, the both know how to turn their weaknesses into armor  and pride. However, just like Cruz, JRM probably could never go far in a race for the top job, hes got too many enemies and his views are not held by a majority of the electorate. But that doesn't stop personal ambition. So like Cruz, JRM is likely content to be figurehead for a large backbench contingent that gives him unofficial power as a puppetmaster, even though he will never get de facto control of government.

Before yesterday I would have pushed back against that phrasing as hyperbolic, but implying (poor) people who died in a fire lacked 'common sense' is pretty beyond the pale.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies