To What Extent is Jacob-Rees Mogg Acting a Persona? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:46:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  To What Extent is Jacob-Rees Mogg Acting a Persona? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To What Extent is Jacob-Rees Mogg Acting a Persona?  (Read 1263 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: November 02, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »

It's not an act at all. He's clearly never tried to come off as even a little relatable to the average British voter, which I guess makes his uber-posh identity at least a little bit of a choice, but I don't think he can imagine being anything other than the son of a Lord and the father of a child named Sextus or whatever.

I'm also shocked the man is a Catholic, though. I know some very old lineages in England managed to keep Catholicism but still
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »

A gentrified voice is certainly helpful to his cause, and I have to imagine that if he were to ever become the Conservative Leader, likely in opposition, he would very soon become PM.

I don't see him ever becoming the leader of the Tories. If Boris is a current events joke, Rees-Mogg is a joke from a Francis Bacon play that people don't even try to understand
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 10:14:06 PM »

I don't see him ever becoming the leader of the Tories. If Boris is a current events joke, Rees-Mogg is a joke from a Francis Bacon play that people don't even try to understand
Sure, but not even a decade ago Prime Minister Johnson was a punchline. I don’t know if Rees-Mogg as PM is as laughable as you make it out to be.

The fact that Johnson won the Mayor's race showed he had (has?) at least some appeal to voters that the Tories need to win over. Rees-Mogg doesn't have that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies