S.19.4-4: The Universal Self-Determination Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:30:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-4: The Universal Self-Determination Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.4-4: The Universal Self-Determination Act (Tabled)  (Read 816 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 14, 2019, 01:31:04 AM »

Allow me to throw a spanner in the works here at the last minute by saying I don't think this is actually problematic. For the one thing if my reading is correct, it only seeks to persuade people within a particular region (namely the South) to not buy goods from a particular source and to instead buy local. You can argue about the wisdom of this on its own merits, but in terms of legality and appropriateness within the Federal System, I think this is perfectly fine in that regards.

I think the region should have no problem on this score anyway in terms of leveraging purchasing power towards achieving a particular goal.

Now one thing of note is that I would recommend that care be taken to ensure that the boycott of "Chinese goods" excludes goods from Honk Kong itself.

If the Chamber decides to pair it back on the grounds that the advertising is to in your face, I also don't see any problem with the region declaring its opinions on the matter. Granted it doesn't carry the weight of the Federal gov'ts influence but, in terms of say influencing its Senators to then push for a particular action, a resolution stating such an opinion is thus I think likewise appropriate and possibly even healthy for the game from a playable perspective.

I would recommend reviewing these potential options and certainly I would think that tabling is premature.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies