BRING BACK DEATH PENALTY
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:40:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  BRING BACK DEATH PENALTY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BRING BACK DEATH PENALTY  (Read 1432 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2019, 11:51:55 AM »

The former legendary statesman speaking from his exile.

Wow, what a lame-ass excuse for a "game" Atlasia has become. Seriously. Elections are essentially about messaging people to vote or register (and no, please shove your invitations up your asses). Public debate has been reduced to Griffin showing some random discord logs (still don't know what the f**king discord is and don't want to find out), and Fhtagn deflecting by uttering the universal phrase "but leftists..." There is no proper game engine generating actual events. Meanwhile, Atlasia is plagued with high crime: slander, manipulation, idiots declaring secession of random states instead of thinking how to get rid of that acme, and so on.

So there's no proper game engine. Fine, but what kind of game this is without real consequences? What's the worst that could happen to you? A ban from voting and holding office. Please, a flea bite hurts more.

This game needs something radical and audacious to actually provide us with element of taking real chances and possibly face real consequences. We need to bring back death penalty. Once you're dead, you're out and it's suddenly more about survival than pointless bitching and talking s**t behind each others' backs... and if you're really such a bunch of sissies to dare introducing total elimination, at least make it a year, no appeal, no clemency.

Death administered in the most iconic, most efficient and most elegant manner. The National Razor. The Widow. Simply, our classy Mam'zelle Guillotine.

Seriously, listen to this epic s**t. The cabaret song from the 1890s gone metal.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »

The lack of public debate is because of discord. Most conversation and discussion is being outsourced there at the expense of the AFE board.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 12:15:41 PM »

I motion for Kal to be made Citizen Executioner.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 02:31:40 PM »

I'm sympathetic to some of Kal's points, but I have a moral objection to the death penalty so cannot support his recommendation.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 02:51:43 PM »

I object
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »

No, Jersey Cop. You human.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 03:22:08 PM »

The lack of public debate is because of discord. Most conversation and discussion is being outsourced there at the expense of the AFE board.

I don’t buy it, even in Discord it’s just 95% drama that’s only tangentially related. What is broken is a lack of narration and side elements used to keep this game fun, engaging, and informative.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »

There is no proper game engine generating actual events. Meanwhile, Atlasia is plagued with high crime: slander, manipulation, idiots declaring secession of random states instead of thinking how to get rid of that acme, and so on.

To be fair, this has been the gist of Atlasia since I joined in 2012
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 03:39:27 PM »

I don’t buy it, even in Discord it’s just 95% drama that’s only tangentially related. What is broken is a lack of narration and side elements used to keep this game fun, engaging, and informative.
Most old forum activity in the game was precisely that, tangentially related drama. An active game engine would have absolutely no affect whatsoever in activity either on the forum or on Discord.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »

Go to hell.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 05:46:32 PM »

I see your motion, and I'll raise you GM "Crazy Pole" Kalwejt.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 05:54:27 PM »

I see your motion, and I'll raise you GM "Crazy Pole" Kalwejt.

Hell, if I had executive power I'd make the appointment ASAP. Kal was a fantastic GM during my Presidency, and it was really fun to interact with the storylines he came up with.

He'd be great in the role, but much as the Game Engine needs urgent reform the attitude of powers towards the Game Engine is also a factor that needs to change if the whole thing is to succeed.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 06:20:34 PM »

Only for murderers and abortion “doctors.”
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »

Do you want the job instead?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 07:11:38 PM »

Kalwejit for Game Mod, he would be better than Mr. Reactionary.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2019, 08:01:20 PM »

Only for murderers and abortion “doctors.”

If you were looking for a RPG based on the Handmaid's Tale, then you probably came to the wrong place.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2019, 08:05:05 PM »

We are all doomed when Cthulhu awakens anyway.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 10:34:27 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2019, 10:38:06 PM by Chancellor S019 »

Oh, so now doctors that carry out a very important medical procedure are supposed to face the death penalty. For simply carrying out a medical procedure? Since when did carrying out a medical procedure become a crime, let alone, one punishable by death. This post is one of the most disgusting attacks on the right to choose that I have seen to date.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 10:37:07 PM »

Oh, so now doctors that carry out a very important medical procedure are supposed to face the death penalty. For what, for carrying out a medical procedure? Give me a break. This post is one of the most disgusting attacks on the right to choose that I have seen to date.

Yes. The vast majority of crimes do not warrant such a harsh penalty, but the systematic slaughter of vast numbers of children does. If abortion were ever to be outlawed, then the death penalty should be strongly considered for those who willfully conduct an abortion upon another human being.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 10:45:20 PM »

Oh, so now doctors that carry out a very important medical procedure are supposed to face the death penalty. For what, for carrying out a medical procedure? Give me a break. This post is one of the most disgusting attacks on the right to choose that I have seen to date.

Yes. The vast majority of crimes do not warrant such a harsh penalty, but the systematic slaughter of vast numbers of children does. If abortion were ever to be outlawed, then the death penalty should be strongly considered for those who willfully conduct an abortion upon another human being.

"Systematic slaughter," are you even reading what you write. This is not a systematic slaughter. It is a woman making a decision about her health and her body. A woman should have that choice, to say otherwise brings reminiscences of an era, where women would still get abortions, but they would get them by dangerous means, such as coat hangers. Also outlawing abortion throughout the entire pregnancy is an extremely position that will thankfully never become law.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 12:15:06 AM »

"Systematic slaughter," are you even reading what you write. This is not a systematic slaughter. It is a woman making a decision about her health and her body. A woman should have that choice, to say otherwise brings reminiscences of an era, where women would still get abortions, but they would get them by dangerous means, such as coat hangers. Also outlawing abortion throughout the entire pregnancy is an extremely position that will thankfully never become law.
Once again SNJC spews talking points he doesn't fully understand.

I'd explain why your argument is extremely flawed but this isn't an abortion debate and I like Kal enough to not want to destroy his thread.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 01:05:27 AM »

I was in this game ten years before you even joined the site.

That drama occurred on the AFE board itself, because was no other outlet for it and this meant that people were paying attention to the board, and in between "SCANDALS LIES DECEIT" (Marokai's Version of Deeply Disturbing), we actually had some quality debate and discussion.

With that outsourced to discord, the amount of quality discussion (lets say it was 40%) has been 1. outsourced to discord as well and 2. is reduced to the 95%-5% numbers you give it.

What is broken is a lack of narration and side elements used to keep this game fun, engaging, and informative.

Yes and do you know how long people have been trying to fix this problem?

2008. It was literally the dominant reform issue when I joined the game.  

There is no proper game engine generating actual events. Meanwhile, Atlasia is plagued with high crime: slander, manipulation, idiots declaring secession of random states instead of thinking how to get rid of that acme, and so on.

To be fair, this has been the gist of Atlasia since I joined in 2012

And since I joined in 2008.

Long enough to remember when Kalwejt had a sock in 2009 and also tried to have the oceanic garbage patch secede in 2014.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 02:11:49 AM »

I'd explain why your argument is extremely flawed but this isn't an abortion debate and I like Kal enough to not want to destroy his thread.
It's an ironic thread anyways Tongue Comrade Yankee wants fights!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 02:31:29 AM »

It's an ironic thread anyways Tongue Comrade Yankee wants fights!

I like to go for a walk after work.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »

You guys know what's even worse than systematic slaughter of zygotes? A systematic slaughter of already born threads, and that's the kind of offense that screams for death penalty. The national razor would still show you more mercy than you've shown to innocent threads. You wouldn't even feel the blade.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies