BRING BACK DEATH PENALTY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:08:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  BRING BACK DEATH PENALTY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRING BACK DEATH PENALTY  (Read 1400 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 04, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »

The lack of public debate is because of discord. Most conversation and discussion is being outsourced there at the expense of the AFE board.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 01:05:27 AM »

The lack of public debate is because of discord. Most conversation and discussion is being outsourced there at the expense of the AFE board.

I don’t buy it, even in Discord it’s just 95% drama that’s only tangentially related. What is broken is a lack of narration and side elements used to keep this game fun, engaging, and informative.

I was in this game ten years before you even joined the site.

That drama occurred on the AFE board itself, because was no other outlet for it and this meant that people were paying attention to the board, and in between "SCANDALS LIES DECEIT" (Marokai's Version of Deeply Disturbing), we actually had some quality debate and discussion.

With that outsourced to discord, the amount of quality discussion (lets say it was 40%) has been 1. outsourced to discord as well and 2. is reduced to the 95%-5% numbers you give it.

What is broken is a lack of narration and side elements used to keep this game fun, engaging, and informative.

Yes and do you know how long people have been trying to fix this problem?

2008. It was literally the dominant reform issue when I joined the game.  

There is no proper game engine generating actual events. Meanwhile, Atlasia is plagued with high crime: slander, manipulation, idiots declaring secession of random states instead of thinking how to get rid of that acme, and so on.

To be fair, this has been the gist of Atlasia since I joined in 2012

And since I joined in 2008.

Long enough to remember when Kalwejt had a sock in 2009 and also tried to have the oceanic garbage patch secede in 2014.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 02:31:29 AM »

Oh, so now doctors that carry out a very important medical procedure are supposed to face the death penalty. For what, for carrying out a medical procedure? Give me a break. This post is one of the most disgusting attacks on the right to choose that I have seen to date.

Yes. The vast majority of crimes do not warrant such a harsh penalty, but the systematic slaughter of vast numbers of children does. If abortion were ever to be outlawed, then the death penalty should be strongly considered for those who willfully conduct an abortion upon another human being.

"Systematic slaughter," are you even reading what you write. This is not a systematic slaughter. It is a woman making a decision about her health and her body. A woman should have that choice, to say otherwise brings reminiscences of an era, where women would still get abortions, but they would get them by dangerous means, such as coat hangers. Also outlawing abortion throughout the entire pregnancy is an extremely position that will thankfully never become law.
Once again SNJC spews talking points he doesn't fully understand.

I'd explain why your argument is extremely flawed but this isn't an abortion debate and I like Kal enough to not want to destroy his thread.
It's an ironic thread anyways Tongue Comrade Yankee wants fights!

I like to go for a walk after work.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 12:56:33 PM »

Reluctantly Abstain

On the grounds that this vote is unconstitutional. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 05:07:54 PM »

Greetings honourable Justices.

Today I am filing suit against Senator NC Yankee on the grounds that his face is unconstitutional...

I motion for dismiss on the grounds this is not justiciable. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies