SENATE BILL: The No Moderator or Accidental Invalidation Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:04:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The No Moderator or Accidental Invalidation Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The No Moderator or Accidental Invalidation Amendment (Passed)  (Read 2819 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 07, 2019, 04:29:22 PM »

This has my full support.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 10:36:38 PM »

To restart things off based on where we were, the electoral has now been passed so the relevant text is this:

6. No voter may edit their ballot once twenty minutes have passed since its casting, nor may they delete their own ballot - either of these actions render the voter invalid for the election, and neither that ballot nor any other ballot cast by that voter in the same election shall be counted.

I hope to be able to offer an amendment today based on this updated statute because as things stand right now, the bill amends a law that no longer exists, also there are aspects of the existing text I am not fond of such as how it handles non-ballot posts, which could affect things like time confusion reposts (we had a few those in the past year) and other circumstances where such could be unavoidable. I don't want to cause other problems while trying to solve another.

With this rather odd situation in mind, would it be fair to say that the amendment is, for all intents and purposes, a re-write of the bill? I'm not opposed to pursuing such a course considering the passage of the electoral act.

I'd like to hear the sponsor's thoughts on this as well, though.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 07:32:57 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies