Woman who was fired for flipping off President Trump wins election in VA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:33:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman who was fired for flipping off President Trump wins election in VA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Woman who was fired for flipping off President Trump wins election in VA  (Read 1999 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2019, 02:21:49 PM »

Classy woman!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2019, 02:33:02 PM »

More qualified than that time GOPers elected Sonny Bono
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2019, 06:22:52 PM »

Perhaps if I switch my registration to Democratic and moon Trump I'll be on the Dems VP short list.

Your lips, cheeks and soul is too stained orange for that to be believable.

*are
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 10:57:48 PM »

A little Googling shows that she was active in politics before this and campaigned on specific issues.

Trumpists don't care about facts though.

Is the headline "woman who was active in politics and campaigned on specific issues wins election in VA"?   Is that why people are excited about this ?   No.   Why do you expect "Trumpists" to care about facts that the "Resistance" doesn't even care about?

Shua, you asked if she had any other qualifications for the job. I answered. You didn’t ask “is this why she’s getting news coverage,” because of course this is why it’s getting news coverage.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2019, 01:25:18 AM »

A little Googling shows that she was active in politics before this and campaigned on specific issues.

Is the headline "woman who was active in politics and campaigned on specific issues wins election in VA"?   Is that why people are excited about this ?   No.   Why do you expect "Trumpists" to care about facts that the "Resistance" doesn't even care about?

Shua, you asked if she had any other qualifications for the job. I answered. You didn’t ask “is this why she’s getting news coverage,” because of course this is why it’s getting news coverage.

Okay you made a very unspecific answer that she had qualifications, fine, but how is that evidence that her fans are the ones who care about "facts" ?  Her fans care about this one thing about her, not some other qualification she has.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2019, 08:17:13 AM »

Okay you made a very unspecific answer that she had qualifications, fine, but how is that evidence that her fans are the ones who care about "facts" ?  Her fans care about this one thing about her, not some other qualification she has.

And Trump's fans didn't care about qualifications. They only cared about the fact that he trashed women, minorities, and the liberal elites.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2019, 09:05:17 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2019, 09:08:24 AM by Austere Religious Scholar »

Well, it's a diffrent story then, but obviously most people will associate with her is "flipped off Trump", and that's pretty bad when you're in office and you want to be taken seriously.

Perhaps if I switch my registration to Democratic and moon Trump I'll be on the Dems VP short list.

As long as you condemn the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem you'll be ok.

That's very offensive to ask him to do so. He's too white and too non-Palestinian to be required to condemd the Grand Mufti.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2019, 09:15:42 AM »

And Trump's fans didn't care about qualifications. They only cared about the fact that he trashed women, minorities, and the liberal elites.

Are you like a Tamarian except instead of narrative metaphors you only communicate in whataboutism?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2019, 09:21:24 AM »

Are you like a Tamarian except instead of narrative metaphors you only communicate in whataboutism?

Dude, if you don't understand how funny it is for a Trump supporter to question another person's qualifications for office then that's not my problem.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »

Does she have any other qualification for the position, or is that enough now?

She has a MBA in Marketing and it's a county board of supervisors.    There are people who have way less qualifications than that for county government positions.   

What exactly do you want?   
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »

Dude, if you don't understand how funny it is for a Trump supporter to question another person's qualifications for office then that's not my problem.

Who is the Trump supporter in your scenario?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »

^ If you’re not a Trump supporter, you certainly have a funny way of showing it around this board.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »

^ If you’re not a Trump supporter, you certainly have a funny way of showing it around this board.

because when I criticize Trump those posts are ignored and forgotten but anytime I push back a little bit against a particular nonsensical anti-Trump/pro-Democrat narrative I get attacked and people demand I use 100 posts to explain myself.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2019, 03:17:18 PM »

because when I criticize Trump those posts are ignored and forgotten but anytime I push back a little bit against a particular nonsensical anti-Trump/pro-Democrat narrative I get attacked and people demand I use 100 posts to explain myself.

Yeah, and Susan Collins is "concerned" and "troubled" every time Trump breaks a dozen of laws.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »

How could you say such things Joe? Shua is committed to his long held belief that he must defend the unpopular opinion in an argument.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2019, 04:37:58 PM »

Boomer humor
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »

More qualified than that time GOPers elected Sonny Bono

Reagan and Schwarzenegger too!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »

Yeah, and Susan Collins is "concerned" and "troubled" every time Trump breaks a dozen of laws.

Okay I'm a Trump supporter as much as Susan Collins is, yes, you've got me there.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 08:30:40 PM »

Local office is the right place to start if you want to run for office. You don't launch a Presidential run with zero political experience like some people do.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019, 09:06:14 PM »

Okay I'm a Trump supporter as much as Susan Collins is, yes, you've got me there.

Of course she is, she votes 99% with him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »

She's voted 66.7% with the policy priorities of the Republican president, a majority of which would be the policy priorities of any Republican president.  It doesn't make her a Trump flunky.  Give me a break.

I know it's hard for you to understand that not everyone is as much of a hack as you are, but please try.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 04:09:15 AM »

She's voted 66.7% with the policy priorities of the Republican president, a majority of which would be the policy priorities of any Republican president.  It doesn't make her a Trump flunky.  Give me a break.

I know it's hard for you to understand that not everyone is as much of a hack as you are, but please try.

She also votes for every unqualified flunky Trump nominates for his cabinet or for federal judgeships, which might interest you since you are so concerned about unqualified individuals being elected as county commissioners.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 04:46:56 AM »

She also votes for every unqualified flunky Trump nominates for his cabinet or for federal judgeships, which might interest you since you are so concerned about unqualified individuals being elected as county commissioners.

not true either but keep trying to move the goalposts.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2019, 05:43:12 AM »

Anyway more qualifications are clearly required for the presidency of the United States than to be a member of a state legislature.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 08:26:09 AM »

Anyway more qualifications are clearly required for the presidency of the United States than to be a member of a state legislature.
Reality TV show host
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies