New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:25:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1037193 times)
Andrew101
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »

Andrew
WV
Republican
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2006, 01:28:10 PM »

Andrew Smiley, first of all welcome to Fantasy, we don't have a Republican Party as such right now but there are others you can chose from. Check out https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Main_Page and click on the relative link to each party for more info

Failing any of those you can be an independent

Dave
Andrew101
Rookie

« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »

Andrew Smiley, first of all welcome to Fantasy, we don't have a Republican Party as such right now but there are others you can chose from. Check out https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Main_Page and click on the relative link to each party for more info

Dave

Can you help me with this? Like is there some test you can take to match you up with the party that is closest to your views?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2006, 01:40:22 PM »

Dave

Can you help me with this? Like is there some test you can take to match you up with the party that is closest to your views?
Well, no, but I'm guessing that you would most likely fit in either the ACA (Atlasian Conservative Alliance): https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Atlasian_Conservative_Alliance
Or the CDP (Christian Democratic Party): https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Christian_Democratic_Party
See if one of those fits you Smiley
Andrew101
Rookie

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »

Andrew
WV
CDP (I guessing)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »

Welcome to the CDP, Andrew!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »

Welcome to the CDP, Andrew Smiley. Sorry, I wasn't around to answer your question

Dave
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2006, 07:15:15 PM »

And then there were two Smiley

Welcome Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »

<grumble>After the drought I get a deluge today. </grumble>

First: Lewis, you get the standard 10 and 60 day speeches.  You can't move again for 60 days.  You didn't change regions, but you did change districts, so if a special election should be held next weekend, you'd still be eligible for a 5th district special election, but after that you'd be eleigible for a 3rd district special election.

Second: Phil, welcome back.  You're still registered, so the reregistration was neither necessary nor effictive.  You last voted in the District 2 Special Election held on the weekend of 5 February, and the June regular election has 5 June as its lockdown date for the electoral rolls, so you have plenty of time to vote in a Federal election without having to reregister.

Third, Andrew, welcome.  We have another Andrew by the name of Andrew Berger on the rolls, but that shouldn't cause any problems.  As has already been pointed out, we don't generally have the traditional U.S. parties here.  You will need to reach 25 posts before 10 April or you will be deregistered for not having enough posts to register, but that shouldn't be a problem.
   Besides the ACA and CDP, you may wish to consider the PCP and FDP.  The Progressive Conservatve Party is a minor center-right party, that is not particularly well organized, but it could use someone who would have the time and energy to see it grow, while the FDP is a libertarian-style party.  All four of those parties can reasonably claim to be potentially attractive to real life Republicans, but for different reasons, depending upon the type of Republican you consider yourself to be.  Feel free to change party as you become more familiar with Atlasia.
  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Andrew101
Rookie

« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »

<grumble>After the drought I get a deluge today. </grumble>

First: Lewis, you get the standard 10 and 60 day speeches.  You can't move again for 60 days.  You didn't change regions, but you did change districts, so if a special election should be held next weekend, you'd still be eligible for a 5th district special election, but after that you'd be eleigible for a 3rd district special election.

Second: Phil, welcome back.  You're still registered, so the reregistration was neither necessary nor effictive.  You last voted in the District 2 Special Election held on the weekend of 5 February, and the June regular election has 5 June as its lockdown date for the electoral rolls, so you have plenty of time to vote in a Federal election without having to reregister.

Third, Andrew, welcome.  We have another Andrew by the name of Andrew Berger on the rolls, but that shouldn't cause any problems.  As has already been pointed out, we don't generally have the traditional U.S. parties here.  You will need to reach 25 posts before 10 April or you will be deregistered for not having enough posts to register, but that shouldn't be a problem.
   Besides the ACA and CDP, you may wish to consider the PCP and FDP.  The Progressive Conservatve Party is a minor center-right party, that is not particularly well organized, but it could use someone who would have the time and energy to see it grow, while the FDP is a libertarian-style party.  All four of those parties can reasonably claim to be potentially attractive to real life Republicans, but for different reasons, depending upon the type of Republican you consider yourself to be.  Feel free to change party as you become more familiar with Atlasia.
  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

OK thank you Ernest.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »

Welcome to the Christian Democratic Party and I hope you stay with us.  I am the de facto chairman of this party.  If you there are any questions you have that I can answer, feel free to ask them.  Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2006, 03:28:51 AM »

Making a Party switch

Smash255
NY
SDP

I should have made the change during the Party's inception, but was a bit too lazy.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2006, 08:25:10 AM »

That is not consistent with the Jfern v. DoFA decision.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »

Making a Party switch

Smash255
NY
SDP

I should have made the change during the Party's inception, but was a bit too lazy.
Welcome to the party! Good to see new voters in the party, we could use a little boost.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

Thanks.  I'd forgotten that the law there doesn't follow common sense.  Hopefully, that's one of the things that the current reform bill fixes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2006, 10:26:17 AM »

Thanks.  I'd forgotten that the law there doesn't follow common sense.  Hopefully, that's one of the things that the current reform bill fixes.
Not a problem Ernest, I didn't believe you anyways. Smiley
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2006, 12:54:14 PM »

Matthews
Illinois
ILP
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2006, 02:18:11 PM »

Welcome
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2006, 02:27:59 PM »

Welcome back Matthews Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2006, 04:53:39 PM »

Welcome Matthews.  Some helpful information for you from your Secretary of Forum Affairs, which you may or may not be aware of.
Illinois is the Mideast Region.  It is currently in District 2, but will as of the next General election be in District 3 (assuming the expected numbers are adopted).  There is an activity requirement of 25 posts in the 56 days preceding an election, and at present you have only 19 posts in the 56 day period preceding the next scheduled election (February 23 18:00 EST - April 20 18:00 EST).  You do have enough activity in the last 56 days to vote in a special election if we were holding one now, but since you are not one of our wild and crazy hyper-posters, I thought I'd make you aware of the activity requirement, especially since it should not be difficult to meet.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2006, 06:21:26 PM »

Quick question, which states have no residents?
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2006, 10:35:52 PM »

I can't stay away Sad I am a junky.

Josh22
NC
Ind
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »

Your change from the CDP to Indepdent is noted, Josh.

States with 0 people are Arizona, Colorado, DC, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Montana, Nevada, and Oklahoma.  I'm also accepting registrations for Puerto Rico, as the Puerto Rican Statehood Act provides for the possibility of a vote being held among the citizens of Puerto Rico, but not any timetable for one.  However, with no scheduled elections, you won't be able to do anything except vacation from Atlasian politics for a minimum of 60 days.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2006, 05:51:55 AM »

I'm also accepting registrations for Puerto Rico, as the Puerto Rican Statehood Act provides for the possibility of a vote being held among the citizens of Puerto Rico, but not any timetable for one.

As I recall John Ford "held" a referendum as GM that narrowly failed.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2006, 07:08:04 AM »

I can't stay away Sad I am a junky.

Josh22
NC
Ind

Welcome back. What's up with the Christian Democratic Party?

Dave
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies