New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:37:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1051010 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5475 on: July 24, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »

Republican95
Populares
Mississippi

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #5476 on: July 24, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »

No-one wants to join my party Sad Next three members get to be in the Politburo! Tongue
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5477 on: July 24, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »

Welcome to the SE Smiley
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #5478 on: July 24, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »

BTW, for the OFKA Vepres , I'm a midwest citizen now.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #5479 on: July 24, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »

This is getting old.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5480 on: July 24, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »

You think it's Kyle?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #5481 on: July 24, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »

Probably not, just this incessant recruiting of people with practically no posts. It's ruining the game.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5482 on: July 24, 2010, 05:40:48 PM »

I guarantee you some of these sudden new recruits are our old friend, Kyle. Just a matter of time before they are found out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5483 on: July 24, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »

Oh, and welcome back, Vepres. What took you so long? Wink
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5484 on: July 24, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »

Probably not, just this incessant recruiting of people with practically no posts. It's ruining the game.
i seem to remember Marokai making the same complaint  a few months ago, one that stands in particular was asserting Dallasfan, who is currently representing you in the senate, and at the ConCon  and others were "conclusively zombies" . Moral of the story is, give new posters a chance before you you begin crusading against them.

but this isint the place to be arguing this, its only polluting the thread.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5485 on: July 24, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »

I would urge my members to refrain from such unfounded accusations unless they have proof. For it also ruins the game.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #5486 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »

i seem to remember Marokai making the same complaint  a few months ago, one that stands in particular was asserting Dallasfan, who is currently representing you in the senate, and at the ConCon  and others were "conclusively zombies" . Moral of the story is, give new posters a chance before you you begin crusading against them.

I also suspected the same thing about Vane long before he was outed as Hamilton. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. And I've apologized to Dallas.

I wouldn't call them all Hamilton either, but it's pretty clear there's some obsessive level of recruiting newbies going on here. People that don't really know anything about Atlasia and have practically no posts who are sheparded along by Populares leadership doing whatever they're told, serving as increased voting support, and as paper candidates whenever they need a stand-in.

Whether people like this fact or not, it is most definitely not healthy for the game in any way. And it only adds to our inability to change the game in any meaningful way because these new recruits have no history and no context in which to view these efforts, do whatever leadership informs them of, and I'd be willing to bet money on half these new recruits not even of age to get a learner's permit.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5487 on: July 24, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »

I also suspected the same thing about Vane long before he was outed as Hamilton. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. And I've apologized to Dallas.

I wouldn't call them all Hamilton either, but it's pretty clear there's some obsessive level of recruiting newbies going on here. People that don't really know anything about Atlasia and have practically no posts who are sheparded along by Populares leadership doing whatever they're told, serving as increased voting support, and as paper candidates whenever they need a stand-in.

Whether people like this fact or not, it is most definitely not healthy for the game in any way. And it only adds to our inability to change the game in any meaningful way because these new recruits have no history and no context in which to view these efforts, do whatever leadership informs them of, and I'd be willing to bet money on half these new recruits not even of age to get a learner's permit.

The Populares are the party of the people. Unlike you, we are welcoming to 'newbies' and work hard to integrate them into Atlasia. That's why they join us, not you.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5488 on: July 25, 2010, 07:19:51 AM »

Lol, the Populares are the party of the rich people more like.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5489 on: July 25, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »

The Populares are the party of and for all people, especially for the common people and newbies who are otherwise shunned, ignored, or attacked by the entrenched establishment elites.

Coincidentally, I see you are using half of our party's slogan as your display name...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5490 on: July 25, 2010, 08:05:30 AM »

The Populares are the party of and for all people, especially for the common people and newbies who are otherwise shunned, ignored, or attacked by the entrenched establishment elites.

Coincidentally, I see you are using half of our party's slogan as your display name...

I just love both of you "arguing".
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5491 on: July 25, 2010, 08:16:30 AM »

You should have seen our WW2 argument on AIM. He claimed WW2 was started because of British interventionist foreign policy and accused the USSR of attacking 'poor defenceless Finland' in an attempt to conquer it. Ignoring the fact that Finland was well armed and was basically an ally of Hitler.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5492 on: July 25, 2010, 08:17:30 AM »

You should have seen our WW2 argument on AIM. He claimed WW2 was started because of British interventionist foreign policy and accused the USSR of attacking 'poor defenceless Finland' in an attempt to conquer it.

LOL, whoa, I wasn't mentioning that on here as a courtesy to you, but looks like you chose to embarrass yourself.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5493 on: July 25, 2010, 08:18:54 AM »

You should have seen our WW2 argument on AIM. He claimed WW2 was started because of British interventionist foreign policy and accused the USSR of attacking 'poor defenceless Finland' in an attempt to conquer it. Ignoring the fact that Finland was well armed and was basically an ally of Hitler.

Of course, Hitler was peaceful dude and probably even a Libertarian. That's just these damn Poles who haven't agreed to give him what he wanted, and these British imperialists!
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5494 on: July 25, 2010, 08:19:20 AM »

You should have seen our WW2 argument on AIM. He claimed WW2 was started because of British interventionist foreign policy and accused the USSR of attacking 'poor defenceless Finland' in an attempt to conquer it.

LOL, whoa, I wasn't mentioning that on here as a courtesy to you, but looks like you chose to embarrass yourself.

How am I embarrasing myself? You are the one who thinks that Hitler was a sweet old man who only wanted the Polish Corridor and would then have settled down and not attacked anyone else.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5495 on: July 25, 2010, 08:33:17 AM »

Like me?

Vox Populi is a song by 30 Seconds to Mars.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5496 on: July 25, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »

How am I embarrasing myself? You are the one who thinks that Hitler was a sweet old man who only wanted the Polish Corridor and would then have settled down and not attacked anyone else.

Yes, so we should hand over our lands just to please an agressor, so much for liberty and freedom according to Libertas.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #5497 on: July 25, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »

As someone who works his ass off 40 hours a week just to make ends meet...

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5498 on: July 25, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »

I can't speak for some of the other new guys, but if it was me you were betting on you would lose that bet.

I don't understand this hostility towards new people, but it seems to me that if nobody new tried to join your cliquish game then number of people that leave over time would cause the game to eventually fall apart because of a lack of people.  I have been a member of this site since April and just decided to pop on over here and check out this sub-forum.  The Populares seemed the best fit for my political views so I joined them.  Besides, a friend of mine from another forum, Zacoftheaxes, is also a Populare. 

Yes the Populare leadership did suggest I run for the SE Legislature and I thought "sure, why not?"  I guess because I'm just a paper candidate and a Hamilton sock I don't have a chance.  Maybe I ought to go back alternatehistory.com.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5499 on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »

As someone who works his ass off 40 hours a week just to make ends meet...

Well, obviously some people don't vote in their own interests.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies