New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039712 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6850 on: October 01, 2011, 06:59:04 PM »

You know, I'm sorry for Dallas. He made a decision regarding his registration. A decision that surprised me too (and I'm friend with him basically since he came here). Yes, I was surprised, but I'm definitively not surprised by the right's desperate attempts to use his personal decision as a tool in throwing-crap game. I thought you know him better to now spread this s**t.

Please refrain from lumping us all together.  Thanks Wink

Banning medical marijuana came from a far right party member.  It by no means represents myself, and several others like me.  Why does everyone insist on grouping the left and right as if we all somehow have the same opinion.  Not sure why I bother trying to stay above party politics, when it's just assumed I'm going to vote this way or that, or do this or that.  No wonder we're jumping down each others throats all the time.  

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6851 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »

Perhaps try to tame the extremists then?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6852 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

You have credentials. BRTD did not.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6853 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:11 PM »

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

I honestly don't want to take sides on this (because both sides are being children in all honesty) but I still don't understand how or why BRTD was elected. I don't remember him ever participating in the game before my banning, but my memory occasionally slips on me. So can someone refresh me on how BRTD got elected?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6854 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »

I don't know how you work, but I don't tell anyone what to do.  It's not my job to tame extremists that I have no power over, except when the voting booths open.  
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6855 on: October 01, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »

I honestly don't want to take sides on this (because both sides are being children in all honesty) but I still don't understand how or why BRTD was elected. I don't remember him ever participating in the game before my banning, but my memory occasionally slips on me. So can someone refresh me on how BRTD got elected?

He was a former Senator.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6856 on: October 01, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »

I don't know how you work, but I don't tell anyone what to do.  It's not my job to tame extremists that I have no power over, except when the voting booths open.  

How I work? I've never had to deal with extremists, so...
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #6857 on: October 01, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »

He was a former Senator.

Like, three years ago.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6858 on: October 01, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »

He was a former Senator.

Like, three years ago.

Ahhhhhh but those are still credentials, no?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6859 on: October 01, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »

The JCP is still a progressive party. We were a progressive party when we had moderates like Bullmoose joining and representing us in the Senate, and we're still a progressive party now (Dallas just told me he has no plans to run for office, FTR). I'm sure these people each have their own unique reasons for joining a party that may not be the most ideologically in sync with them, just as you had your reasons for joining the RPP, Marokai.

I'm not going to start kicking out people in the name of purity. You're always welcome to rejoin if you want to, Marokai.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6860 on: October 01, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »

More hypocrisy, Marokai, fun!

You voted for Texasgurl recently, remember? And what were her credentials beside being someone a few years ago? Worse, she was elected to IDS Assembly and did not show up to work.

But of course, since she wasn't a JCP candidate that's fine with you.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6861 on: October 01, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »

BRTD had no credentials to be elected, other than a body to fill a spot.  This is similiar to officepark being a body to fill a spot for the party.  Let's be honest, the right and left both do it.  Neither party corners the market on such tactics, so let NONE of us pretend they do.

Kal has great credentials.  I consider him to be a nice guy, and if elected, will do fine, as he has previously.  I already told Junkie I'd support him before Kal ran, and I also think Junkie is a great candidate, whether he was in the RPP or not.  

Napoleon, each party has extremists, they just reside on different sides of the spectrum.  While the one party member you speak of shares views I find repulsive, personally, that doesn't give me the right to "tame" him.  You of all people, who told me directly that you don't feel you should "tell people which way to vote" should understand this.  It's not about you or I telling someone what to do, it's about not voting for them if another candidate has more similarities to yourself.

About dallasfan/Jake;  Who cares?  Why are we treating the POP like they were the left-arm of the RPP?  They never were, and never claimed to be.  Dallasfan has no reason to purposefully insult the RPP by joining the JCP, so he obviously thinks it will best fit himself.  By harassing people who join other parties, we turn them off from our own.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6862 on: October 01, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »

By tame, I didn't mean in the sense of taming an animal, or telling people how to vote on legislation or what to propose, I simply meant to elect more moderate candidates to tame the extreme wing of the party. It appears there was a misunderstanding.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #6863 on: October 01, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »

2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes
If I remember correctly, the “far-right” sponsor of this bill is someone you endorsed the re-election campaign of Tongue
…and yes, there are some elements of the RPP that are actually conservative as much as that is hated here in Atlasia. You can stick in a few snide insults toward the forum’s conservatives here and there online with the guise that it is extreme to propose a law similar to the one in the country that poster actually lives, but in reality, Napoleon, it isn’t and a large number of people have that view. The RPP is a party with no ideology as it has to be because of the leftist tilt of the Atlas compared with real life. We have conservatives, moderates, libertarians and even a few liberals. Not everyone in the RPP believes that recreational use of marijuana should be illegal, but you have to at least admit it’s a more worthwhile discussion than the Dangerous Dogs Bill or the Grade Weighting Amendment or half the other stupid things the Mideast Assembly has written in past sessions. Of course you will always vehemently disagree with pretty much every opinion a social conservative will have, but please be a little respectful.

But, the real issue is that we don’t actually live in Atlasia so our views are constructed elsewhere and brought here. No amount of framing or debate within the game is actually about to change that. We don’t live to watch the real effects of our bills and no one’s mind is about to be changed on divisive issued because of some online fantasy election game. No one cares if their taxes get raised here and that’s the mark of a true departure from real life Wink. The JCP will continue to be a powerhouse as long as there are more liberals than conservatives in the game. This election is again a mark of that divide. Is the RPP whining tonight? Yes, of course. People get competitive in games and get disappointed when they lose. In real life, this is when we all would go out bowling or something to forget about the fight and move on. Though, it’s difficult to have a fun night on a political forum doing something else, so we can’t go bowling Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6864 on: October 01, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »

Cincinnati's is the one who labeled you guys far-right, not I. Don't attack me. I did endorse ZuWo for reelection and stand by that. It is refreshing to see someone on the right try to enact policies similar to how I have. I personally can't stand the wishy washy moderate heroism many on the right resort to and people like Shua or Jbrase that I don't always agree with earn my respect because they actually do something in office.

Anyways I'm not trying to insult anyone but whining has never been endearing to me no matter the beliefs of the whiner so I've only been suggesting some internal reflection rather than blaming it on the game or someone else. I would compare this to post-Watergate Republicans. An administration sunk in scandal, the left rebounds. Conflict between conservatives and moderates over the direction of the party ensues. But eventually you have to stand for something other than trying to be everything to everyone...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6865 on: October 01, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »

I'd like to welcome all the new members who just registered in the last 4 pages . . . er, nevermind.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6866 on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:26 PM »

I'd like to welcome all the new members who just registered in the last 4 pages . . . er, nevermind.

Shua wins.

End of discussion.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6867 on: October 01, 2011, 07:45:26 PM »

Shua wins.

End of discussion.

Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6868 on: October 01, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »

Shua wins.

End of discussion.

Cheesy

Amen.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6869 on: October 01, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

Mechaman
Filmers United Cinema of Kansas
Montana
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6870 on: October 01, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »

Aha I see what you did there Tongue
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6871 on: October 03, 2011, 01:58:11 AM »

Sewer
JCP
Awe
OAM

« Reply #6872 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:35 PM »

OAMP
Independent
Illinois
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6873 on: October 03, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »

You don't have enough posts yet /: Sorry /:

Come back when you have 50 posts, though Smiley

Thanks for taking interest in Atlasia! Cheesy
OAM

« Reply #6874 on: October 03, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »

Eh, well it said I could post whenever, it'd just be a placeholder.  Though it also said 75 posts, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies