New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:02:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039822 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7225 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:51 AM »
« edited: February 01, 2012, 08:30:03 AM by Senator Napoleon »

It's best for him to create this environment full of negativity, pitting people against each other. It allows him to manipulate.

The bright side is that Liberals made the choice to join of their own free will, believing in what the party has to offer. The JCP has what, 28 members still? Im sure some will go Labor, some Liberal, some doing their own thing. I wish things didn't have to be like this.

I dont expect us to be the largest party when everything settles but I can't say I wouldn't like to see a strong Liberal Party
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7226 on: February 01, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »

Do you deny anything I just said? Or are you going to just continue trying to desperately shift this into a personal argument so you can try to cast this aside as "Marokai running around with a hatchet again"? Do you know how old that tactic is and how many people your senior have tried it? The issue remains, and undefended.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7227 on: February 01, 2012, 08:30:28 AM »

Napoleon, my position here is very simple and based on something perfectly logical, and I'll walk you through it:

We were stuck in a two party system because the parties became too big.

Why did they become too big? Because people valued votes over sticking to any sort of ideology. Thus, they grew more and more bloated and inconsistent ideologically.

What was the proposal to solve that problem for? The caucus system, by design, was meant to encourage more ideological thinking. Caucuses were meant to be designed around individual philosophies or individual issues.

However, that doesn't solve the problem entirely, so Bgwah proposes dissolution. Why? Again, the parties were too big. Why were they too big? Again, because they became super-big-tent parties that were ideologically unrecognizable as anything.

So why would dissolution solve that? Because it would create smaller, more numerous parties.

Why would the goal be smaller, more numerous parties? Because parties had stopped prioritizing anything ideological and became giant vote-banks instead of actual parties.

What is the opposite of creating an ideologically consistent party that doesn't have a super big tent approach? The Liberals.

Therefore, I consider you (and the Communitarians) as being fundamentally opposed to how we solve our past mistakes inherently, by your very structure.

Let me re-order your comments slightly.

We were stuck in a (situation where) people valued votes over sticking to any sort of ideology. (this caused a)  two party system because the parties became too big. Why did they become too big? Because (of the above). Thus, they grew more and more bloated and inconsistent ideologically.

What was the proposal to solve that problem for? The caucus system, by design, was meant to encourage more ideological thinking. Caucuses were meant to be designed around individual philosophies or individual issues.

However, that doesn't solve the problem entirely, so Bgwah proposes dissolution. Why? Again, the parties were too big. Why were they too big? Again, because they became super-big-tent parties that were ideologically unrecognizable as anything.

So why would dissolution solve that? Because it would create smaller, more numerous parties.

Why would the goal be smaller, more numerous parties? Because parties had stopped prioritizing anything ideological and became giant vote-banks instead of actual parties.

What is the opposite of creating an ideologically consistent party that doesn't have a super big tent approach? The Liberals.

Therefore, I consider you (and the Communitarians) as being fundamentally opposed to how we solve our past mistakes inherently, by your very structure.

The problem is not a 2 party or 1 party system. The problem is people who come in, without knowing what the hell is going on in Atlasia, and vote as though they are equal to you, me, or napoleon. Each of us pays great attention to this game, and the idea that someone who's only contribution to Atlasia for an entire year is to cast a ballot based on party label makes me ill - yet every time I've come up with a proposal to stop this (and go back though my post history, this was one of my first issues. Read TPTTAA, it was the FIRST thing I dealt with) everyone shoots it down.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7228 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »

I really don't understand what you're getting at, Teddy. Nor do I understand why you seem to sniff out controversy everywhere on this forum and try to insert yourself into it. I have no problem increasing the requirements of people to remain an active voter.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7229 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »

Do you deny anything I just said? Or are you going to just continue trying to desperately shift this into a personal argument so you can try to cast this aside as "Marokai running around with a hatchet again"? Do you know how old that tactic is and how many people your senior have tried it? The issue remains, and undefended.

If you go through my first Senate term and analyze the votes, I would not be surprised to see Snowguy as the Senator voting most similar to me. Or, do you care to explain how Snowguy's platform of free trade and fiscal prudence contradicts the Liberal Party platform?

You are weird.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #7230 on: February 01, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »

I, by nature, seek out the ridiculous situations in life. I have what seems to be a unique ability to detect them. I then am able to phrase things in such a way that people can detect how ridiculous I am, and then it's an easy and short step for me to show them how ridiculous the original situation is/was

Speaking of ridiculous things, we really should be having this debate in another thread.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7231 on: February 01, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »

I really don't understand what you're getting at, Teddy. Nor do I understand why you seem to sniff out controversy everywhere on this forum and try to insert yourself into it. I have no problem increasing the requirements of people to remain an active voter.

Stop creating needless controversy and there's none for him to sniff out!!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7232 on: February 01, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2012, 01:42:00 PM by sbane »

This is generally why I don't like the Liberal Party. They know that the term is taken two completely different ways to two completely different types of people, and they use that dual definition to recruit anyone from nearly -6 to +3 econ. How does someone with that score decide to join a social liberal/econ centrist group? Ugh, whatever.

It's not some conspiracy...what else should we call ourselves? I can't think of anything better than liberal party. We may be more moderate on economic issues than you guys but calling ourselves the moderate party would be a mistake since we are anything but moderate on social issues.

Edit: Also have we ever pretended that we are a non ideological big tent party? Haven't we made it clear what our ideology is? What have we done that makes you think we are trying to recreate the JCP? As someone who wasn't too fond of the big tent party system, I would certainly be opposed to any attempt to do that. That being said, I obviously want my party to do well as do you I am sure. Instead of blowing up at us, you should focus on recruiting for your party and telling people why they should join it instead of the liberals.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7233 on: February 01, 2012, 08:07:55 PM »

Fuzzy
Washington
Labor Party
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7234 on: February 01, 2012, 09:35:33 PM »

Barnes
Exhilaration
Labor Party
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7235 on: February 01, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »

Christ kids.

This is the "New Register Thread", not the "Insert Drama and Make Yourself Look Like a Little Bitch Thread".

Anyway

Mechaman
Montana
Individual Freedom Party
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7236 on: February 01, 2012, 11:05:14 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2012, 11:51:44 PM by Northeast Speaker Scott »

Scott
Connecticut
Liberal Party (Atlasian Anti-Conscription Caucus)

(EDIT: Nevermind- I don't see many people joining a one-issue caucus. Tongue)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7237 on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »

Tmthforu94
Indiana
Moderate Party

Indecisive! Tongue Brings me back to late 2009.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #7238 on: February 01, 2012, 11:30:52 PM »

Dallasfan65
Massachusetts
Populares
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #7239 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »

Tmthforu94
Indiana
Moderate Party

Indecisive! Tongue Brings me back to late 2009.

Could you give the Whigs a chance?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7240 on: February 04, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »

Made my decision:

Frodo
Virginia
Moderate Party
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7241 on: February 04, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

Made my decision:

Frodo
Virginia
Moderate Party
Welcome! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7242 on: February 04, 2012, 10:48:07 PM »

Duke
South Carolina
Moderate Party
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7243 on: February 05, 2012, 01:29:53 AM »

Thanks.  Smiley

I was also considering the Liberal and Whig parties, but decided against them at the last minute. 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7244 on: February 05, 2012, 01:34:13 AM »

Thanks.  Smiley

I was also considering the Liberal and Whig parties, but decided against them at the last minute. 

Hopefully we can prove our competence and you consider joining, I've liked your input on legislation.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7245 on: February 05, 2012, 01:35:29 AM »

I've noticed it as well - that's why I voted for him in the last Senate election. I think Frodo will make a nice addition to the Senate one day. Smiley
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #7246 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »

Hans-im-Glück
Exhilaration
Labor
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7247 on: February 05, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2012, 05:35:42 PM by Senator 20RP12 (NPP-RI) »

20RP12
Rhode Island
New Populares Party

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST, Just leave me registered with the Populares - Individual Freedom Party until we change our name.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #7248 on: February 05, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »

So are you leaving the "Populares - Individual Freedom Party"?
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7249 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:28 PM »

So are you leaving the "Populares - Individual Freedom Party"?

Well, I think we're gonna call it the New Populares Party. I don't know yet. I'll re-register with the official name. But yeah just list me with the Populares - Individual Freedom Party for now.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies