New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:35:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1037388 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 20, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »

Avacado icing! Angry
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »

I've discovered a small problem.  King changed his state from Maine to Oregon on January 3, which means that his change from Oregon to Alabama on February 23 (51 days later) wasn't valid. Fortunately, it won't affect the census since King didn't vote in the last election.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »

Ernest
Colorado
Progressive Conservative Party
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 01:11:20 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2006, 02:41:00 PM by SoFA-designate Ernest »

Welcome Sara.  I do hope that you will become a valued and active citizen of Atlasia.  I do wish to point out that under our rules, you won't be able to vote until you reach 50 25 posts, but since it is over a month until the next regular election that shouldn't be a problem with a normal level of activity around here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

Welcome to fantasy elections!

There is no Green Party here, and neither are there Democrats or Republicans.  For you, I would recomend either the Independent Liberal Party or the Social Democratic Party.

Actually, we do have a Green Party.  It's not a major party, but perhaps Sara will be able to change that.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 01:49:31 PM »

KucinichforPrez is registered as a Green
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »

Last Federal vote for K4P was in the December election, so he still has until the April election to come back without having to reregister.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 06:19:02 PM »

I decided why not combine our two minor parties, tho we still need a platform.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 06:18:32 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2006, 07:13:33 PM by SoFA-designate Ernest »

I'll remind Jake, unoffically for now since I'm not yet SoFA officially, that should he choose to reregister, he will have to remain registered in the state of South Carolina until April 26, since he's still subject to the 60 day rule on changes in residency.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 01:18:02 AM »

I've decided that I need to keep a closer eye on RegionCorp's corporate lawyers.

Ernest
Delaware
Progressive Conservative Party
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »

<grumble>After the drought I get a deluge today. </grumble>

First: Lewis, you get the standard 10 and 60 day speeches.  You can't move again for 60 days.  You didn't change regions, but you did change districts, so if a special election should be held next weekend, you'd still be eligible for a 5th district special election, but after that you'd be eleigible for a 3rd district special election.

Second: Phil, welcome back.  You're still registered, so the reregistration was neither necessary nor effictive.  You last voted in the District 2 Special Election held on the weekend of 5 February, and the June regular election has 5 June as its lockdown date for the electoral rolls, so you have plenty of time to vote in a Federal election without having to reregister.

Third, Andrew, welcome.  We have another Andrew by the name of Andrew Berger on the rolls, but that shouldn't cause any problems.  As has already been pointed out, we don't generally have the traditional U.S. parties here.  You will need to reach 25 posts before 10 April or you will be deregistered for not having enough posts to register, but that shouldn't be a problem.
   Besides the ACA and CDP, you may wish to consider the PCP and FDP.  The Progressive Conservatve Party is a minor center-right party, that is not particularly well organized, but it could use someone who would have the time and energy to see it grow, while the FDP is a libertarian-style party.  All four of those parties can reasonably claim to be potentially attractive to real life Republicans, but for different reasons, depending upon the type of Republican you consider yourself to be.  Feel free to change party as you become more familiar with Atlasia.
  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

First: Lewis, you get the standard 10 and 60 day speeches.  You can't move again for 60 days.  You didn't change regions, but you did change districts, so if a special election should be held next weekend, you'd still be eligible for a 5th district special election, but after that you'd be eleigible for a 3rd district special election.

That is not consistent with the Jfern v. DoFA decision.

Thanks.  I'd forgotten that the law there doesn't follow common sense.  Hopefully, that's one of the things that the current reform bill fixes.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 04:53:39 PM »

Welcome Matthews.  Some helpful information for you from your Secretary of Forum Affairs, which you may or may not be aware of.
Illinois is the Mideast Region.  It is currently in District 2, but will as of the next General election be in District 3 (assuming the expected numbers are adopted).  There is an activity requirement of 25 posts in the 56 days preceding an election, and at present you have only 19 posts in the 56 day period preceding the next scheduled election (February 23 18:00 EST - April 20 18:00 EST).  You do have enough activity in the last 56 days to vote in a special election if we were holding one now, but since you are not one of our wild and crazy hyper-posters, I thought I'd make you aware of the activity requirement, especially since it should not be difficult to meet.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »

Your change from the CDP to Indepdent is noted, Josh.

States with 0 people are Arizona, Colorado, DC, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Montana, Nevada, and Oklahoma.  I'm also accepting registrations for Puerto Rico, as the Puerto Rican Statehood Act provides for the possibility of a vote being held among the citizens of Puerto Rico, but not any timetable for one.  However, with no scheduled elections, you won't be able to do anything except vacation from Atlasian politics for a minimum of 60 days.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 06:42:39 PM »

As I recall John Ford "held" a referendum as GM that narrowly failed.

IIRC, YRC.  However,  it is possible for us to do various things with Puerto Rico, if we wanted to explore the dynamics of territorial government.  Until that is done tho, registering in Puerto Rico is effectively the same as deregistering, except you have to wait at least 60 days before coming back.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 08:44:24 PM »

I wasn't expecting anyone to switch to Puerto Rico so soon, but if that's what our previous Secretary of State wants, that's what he gets.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »

none - basically registering in Puerto Rico is a self enforced 60 or more day break from most forum politics, altho TD would still be eligible for a cabinet position or even the Presidency or Vice Presidency.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 11:42:08 PM »

Is that a deliberate dropping of the 'a' in Reagan or a misspelling?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 01:12:57 PM »

Is that a deliberate dropping of the 'a' in Reagan or a misspelling?
Probably a misspelling, looking at his atlas forum username.
As has been confirmed by PM, but I wanted to be sure, as Regan Raider wasn't totally rediculous, merely unlikely.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 06:01:25 PM »

As per President Ebowed',s executive order, The registration of True Democrat in Puerto Rico is revoked and he is considered to be registered in Washington.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 08:46:21 PM »

While I wouldn't exactly call those the three best reasons to be involved in fantasy politics, Welcome.  Since you haven't been as active of late as you once were, I do wish to point out that we do have a requirement that people have posted 25 times in the 8 weeks previous to the election in order for their votes to count.  These posts can be anywhere on the forum, not just the fantasy election sections.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 06:37:34 PM »

The former Senator has been removed from the rolls, as per her request in this thread.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 10:27:53 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2006, 10:29:32 PM by SoFA Ernest »

Is it the intention here to cause the Church of God to lose its tax-exempt status?  A religious organization that also doubles as a political one loses any tax exemptions it gains for being a religious organization.  Since that is a significant change, I'm going to ask you to confirm that is what you want before I note the change in party on the voter rolls.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 10:56:29 PM »

I don't give a flying  about "tax emeption" my good man. File this under "D" for "Don't give a damn."

So noted, just remember to render unto Caesar.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 01:04:37 AM »

I don't know if you had a bad day today, Don, so as to push you over the the top in the OMG, Stop the Senate Power Grab thread, but you have been growing more intemperate of late for whatever reason.

Ernest
Independent
Delaware
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies