Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:11:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17275 times)
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 06:11:21 PM »

Well, I'm only 15.  However, to be honest, no I would not have signed up to go to Iraq.  Not because I do not support the war, but because I believe my talents (if I were an adult at the time) could have been better used back at home.

That is the most common response of a chickenhawk man.  Most often combined with "I'm fighting the war against Liberals at home."  If you don't believe strongly enough to fight for it you probably shouldn't be advocating others to die for it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes most hawks who don't believe strongly enough in the military to serve hate when others point out that flaw.

Could you be good at driving a truck?  Helping injured people?  Not everyone in the military fights.

Well you can sure.  But that doesn't mean you should.

I appreciate the honest responses True Independent.  When we win in 2008 and there is once again a sanity based foriegn policy you should seriously think about joining up.  There is no greater honor than to serve.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 06:14:37 PM »

No, but I do favor saving people from ruthless dictators.  Call me crazy.

Is 147,000+ dead saving them from Saddam?

Do you support invading China to liberate them?

Do you believe strongly enough in saving them that you've signed up and went to fight in Iraq?

Well, I'm only 15.  However, to be honest, no I would not have signed up to go to Iraq.  Not because I do not support the war, but because I believe my talents (if I were an adult at the time) could have been better used back at home.  I hate when people say "well why didn't you sign up".  Not everyone is good at fighting.  You can support a war without fighting in it.

What talents? Get over yourself.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 06:27:35 PM »

B-

He loses points for spending, No Child Left Behind, Campaign Finance Reform, and that Medicare bill.

He gains points for his tax cuts, attempt at Social Security reform, the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, and free trade policies.

Those alone average out to a C-, but I gave him a B- because of judicial appointments.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »

I don't think 'crazy' is appropriate - stupid, probably, and gullible, certainly.  What business is it of yours who ruled over those people?  And do you think they're better off dead or tyrannized by a foreign aggressor? 
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 06:34:12 PM »

I don't think 'crazy' is appropriate - stupid, probably, and gullible, certainly.  What business is it of yours who ruled over those people?  And do you think they're better off dead or tyrannized by a foreign aggressor? 

This kind of mindset is what causes people like Saddam Hussein to prosper in this world.  As the leader of the free world and the most powerful nation in the world, it is our responsibility to provide this type of freedom to other people.  Why should we sit by and watch thousands of innocent Iraqi's be killed by Saddam Hussein?  Do you value an American life more than an Iraqi life?  Any true liberal would support the war in Iraq.  Furthermore, I know that we can't free every oppressed people, but Iraq was a very good start.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »

This kind of mindset is what causes people like Saddam Hussein to prosper in this world.  As the leader of the free world and the most powerful nation in the world, it is our responsibility to provide this type of freedom to other people.

The US isn't a very free nation at all, SOS.. and those Iraqis certaintly aren't free just because they got to vote for some US stooges and their country is being invaded by multinationals.

Because it has nothing to do with us.  The American government kills and jails lots of people here - worry about that why don't you?

No, I value my own life over all the other ones put together. 

Yes, the same type of liberal who supported the same type of imperialism masquerading as 'helping' in Vietnam.  The same sick cover story has been used since the beginning of history.  The fact is, those people don't want to be Americans, SoS, and some of them are bravely fighting the invaders to the death right now to prove it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »

Well, I'm only 15.  However, to be honest, no I would not have signed up to go to Iraq.  Not because I do not support the war, but because I believe my talents (if I were an adult at the time) could have been better used back at home.

That is the most common response of a chickenhawk man.  Most often combined with "I'm fighting the war against Liberals at home."  If you don't believe strongly enough to fight for it you probably shouldn't be advocating others to die for it.

Yes most hawks who don't believe strongly enough in the military to serve hate when others point out that flaw.

Could you be good at driving a truck?  Helping injured people?  Not everyone in the military fights.

Well you can sure.  But that doesn't mean you should.

I appreciate the honest responses True Independent.  When we win in 2008 and there is once again a sanity based foriegn policy you should seriously think about joining up.  There is no greater honor than to serve.

Do you support operating in people who are sick? Are you a doctor? If not, you shouldn't call on others to perform surgery, if you're not ready to do so yourself. Or just shut up.

I give him a B-, he barely passes. Domestic spending is bad, Iraq war is good, diplomacy is bad. His only really harmful act is pissing off the world too much. He's been unethical, but not much more so than most presidents.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2006, 06:51:51 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2006, 07:04:10 PM by Frodo »

I will be generous and give him a C -it will rise to a C+ or even a B- based on what happens in Iraq...or sink to a D- or an F if that country descends into civil war and he pulls out prematurely for political reasons. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2006, 08:11:39 PM »

D-

He's done 3 good things: Afghanistan, Do Not Call List, PBA ban.

Other than that, nothing positive to speak of.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »

Samuel Alito, social security reform, the Partial Birth Abortion Ban (meaningless as it is),

Please change your avatar to Religious Party, Ebowed.

You ridiculous prude!  I'd much rather have a fellow who ed donkeys on the White House lawn if he would implement real liberal policies.

1. Why?
2. No comment.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »

Incomplete.

Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »

D-

He's done 3 good things: Afghanistan, Do Not Call List, PBA ban.

Other than that, nothing positive to speak of.
While I concur with your 3 good things, Im going to have to give him an F
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2006, 01:56:07 AM »

F
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2006, 02:07:36 AM »

C
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2006, 02:16:30 AM »

Do you support operating in people who are sick? Are you a doctor? If not, you shouldn't call on others to perform surgery, if you're not ready to do so yourself. Or just shut up.

Yes because asking a doctor to do something that I can not is the same thing as asking others to kill tends of thousands of innocent women and children and to have a significant chance of becoming disabled or even get killed.

But I think the fact that you can make that analogy shows that you don't see war as the last possible resort.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2006, 02:18:17 AM »

That's heartless; he only failed to turn in one single assignment.

Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2006, 02:47:48 AM »

Yes because asking a doctor to do something that I can not is the same thing as asking others to kill tends of thousands of innocent women and children and to have a significant chance of becoming disabled or even get killed.

Hahahaha, that's the best you can come off with? Gustaf proved your crap wrong by showing that some people simply cannot be certain things, or are not cut out for that sector, or can contribute something better to humanity somewhere else. Your absolute sh!t about how everyone who thinks that war is even sometimes necessary should join the military is just getting old. If you opposed the invasion, you would've gone to Iraq as a human shield for your cause. Where were you when Saddam needed you?
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2006, 03:30:34 AM »

Hahahaha, that's the best you can come off with? Gustaf proved your crap wrong by showing that some people simply cannot be certain things

Well if you can't drive a truck you're pretty disabled intellectually if nothing else and probably shouldn't be in the military.

No.  Everyone should join the military when they feel strong enough that others should kill and die for the cause.  And no the chickenhawk bs is what is getting old. =)

I am not asking others to die for my cause.  The appropriate annology would be if I called for all Iraqis to join the insurgency.

Saddam and  those who hated him so much that Iraq needed to be destroyed and tens of thousands of women and children needed to die to remove him violently.  I'm not on Saddam's side.  I'm on the dead children's side.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2006, 03:40:57 AM »

Thank you for ignoring the remainder of my first paragraph that proves you wrong.

Assuming you're in favor of progressive taxation, should you pay the highest rate if you want others too?

Is your cause the insurgent's winning?

Pity. I could care less about a dead Iraqi. Sacrifice is necessary in war. Especially when the US's interests are at stake.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2006, 04:05:47 AM »

I'll say D.

Hasn't done much to help the country, yet isn't the Satan liberals announce him as.  At least he's not a Wilson or a Lincoln.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2006, 07:33:15 AM »

^^

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2006, 10:30:25 AM »

Hah, the median grade here is a D+.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »

I give him a B.

I think he deserves a lot of credit for taking on difficult issues that his predecessor simply ignored because he was more interested in protecting his own personal interests, and didn't want any reality to intrude into the beach party over which he was presiding.

Bush took over an economy sinking into inevitable recession resulting from the dot.com excesses of the late 1990s, and he helped to revive the economy, which was then hit hard by Sept. 11th.

He responded strongly to the Sept. 11th attacks, and has taken great political risks and exposed himself to the vituperation of liberal a%#holes in order to protect American lives.  Working in a prime terrorist target every day, I could very well owe my life to his administrations various initiatives to prevent attacks, including the recently revealed wiretapping NSA initiative.

Yes, he has made some mistakes, but I think that's been better than doing nothing.  I think people need to start acting like adults over the Iraq War.  I like it no more than anybody else, but we have to win, and we'd be better off figuring out how to win than attacking the president.  Let's not forget that this war was supported by many prominent Democrats, including their last presidential candidate.  At least Bush hasn't cut and run from his commitments, as Kerry did.  What kind of leader is that, and what kind of message does it send when somebody does that?

I think he's been poor on fiscal policy and lately has failed to show a positive direction to the American people, especially on Iraq, which explains his slump in the polls.  When he has offered positive leadership, he has always enjoyed majority support, and I hope to see him get back on track with leadership in the near future.

I find that the ugly and malicious attitude and tone of many of his detractors only leads me to support him more.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2006, 10:53:57 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2006, 10:56:53 AM by TakeOurCountryBack »

If it weren't for Iraq, he probably would be a decent President.

Yet you are a Lieberman fan.  That makes no sense.  Iraq is as much Lieberman's war as Bush's.

Anyway I selected F.  I'd have given him a Zero if it was an option.  He is the worst POTUS in history.  By FAR.

He's awful, F.  One of the worst presidents we've ever seen.  Incompetent, stupid, a liar, cares only about his poll numbers, and a bigoted assh*le to boot. 
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2006, 11:01:59 AM »

If it weren't for Iraq, he probably would be a decent President.

Yet you are a Lieberman fan.  That makes no sense.  Iraq is as much Lieberman's war as Bush's.

Anyway I selected F.  I'd have given him a Zero if it was an option.  He is the worst POTUS in history.  By FAR.

He's awful, F.  One of the worst presidents we've ever seen.  Incompetent, stupid, a liar, cares only about his poll numbers, and a bigoted assh*le to boot. 

You guys have little sense of history, I'm afraid to say.  It's sad, actually.  It makes me feel sad for America that we have so many people who want to blame our president for problems that others have caused, simply because he's a more convenient target.  It's a very immature way of thinking, like a kid who blames his parents for everything he doesn't like about his life and the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies