Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:08:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17266 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 07, 2006, 04:27:24 PM »

F
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:44:38 PM »

LOL!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2006, 02:18:47 PM by Left of the Dial »

No, Progress, thats just bad logic.  A cop absolutely wakes up every morning knowing he might have to kill someone.  Cops shoot criminals and kill them all the time, so how is that different?

It is different because police officers do not wake up every day knowing that people are going to try to kill them and that they will have to kill.  To pretend that war is no different from being a police officer is absolutely insane.

You must not know many cops.  Cops in fact do wake up every day knowing full well they may die in the line of duty.  Every cop knows another cop who has been killed in the line if they do the job long enough, and they know that if they pull someone over for a busted tail light and that guy happens to be some gang banger that's packin' who doesn't want to pay a ticket then the cop may end up dead.  Yes, they do wake up every day knowing they may be killed.

Hmmm, no cop has been killed in this city. About 90% of what they do is issue traffic tickets, break up bar fights and break up illicit keg parties (so everyone there can just flee to another party). I really doubt they wake up every day thinking they can be killed.

Plus even in the Twin Cities, there was the case of a cop being killed a few months ago, but the fact that it made front page news and stayed in the news for quite a few days after that shows that cop killing is not too common there. Plus it later turned out that he was drunk at the time and probably would've lived if he had been sober.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies