Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:34:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17305 times)
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« on: January 07, 2006, 04:26:51 PM »

If it weren't for Iraq, he probably would be a decent President.

Yet you are a Lieberman fan.  That makes no sense.  Iraq is as much Lieberman's war as Bush's.

Anyway I selected F.  I'd have given him a Zero if it was an option.  He is the worst POTUS in history.  By FAR.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:17:19 PM »

No, but I do favor saving people from ruthless dictators.  Call me crazy.

Is 147,000+ dead saving them from Saddam?

Do you support invading China to liberate them?

Do you believe strongly enough in saving them that you've signed up and went to fight in Iraq?
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 06:11:21 PM »

Well, I'm only 15.  However, to be honest, no I would not have signed up to go to Iraq.  Not because I do not support the war, but because I believe my talents (if I were an adult at the time) could have been better used back at home.

That is the most common response of a chickenhawk man.  Most often combined with "I'm fighting the war against Liberals at home."  If you don't believe strongly enough to fight for it you probably shouldn't be advocating others to die for it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes most hawks who don't believe strongly enough in the military to serve hate when others point out that flaw.

Could you be good at driving a truck?  Helping injured people?  Not everyone in the military fights.

Well you can sure.  But that doesn't mean you should.

I appreciate the honest responses True Independent.  When we win in 2008 and there is once again a sanity based foriegn policy you should seriously think about joining up.  There is no greater honor than to serve.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:16:30 AM »

Do you support operating in people who are sick? Are you a doctor? If not, you shouldn't call on others to perform surgery, if you're not ready to do so yourself. Or just shut up.

Yes because asking a doctor to do something that I can not is the same thing as asking others to kill tends of thousands of innocent women and children and to have a significant chance of becoming disabled or even get killed.

But I think the fact that you can make that analogy shows that you don't see war as the last possible resort.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:30:34 AM »

Hahahaha, that's the best you can come off with? Gustaf proved your crap wrong by showing that some people simply cannot be certain things

Well if you can't drive a truck you're pretty disabled intellectually if nothing else and probably shouldn't be in the military.

No.  Everyone should join the military when they feel strong enough that others should kill and die for the cause.  And no the chickenhawk bs is what is getting old. =)

I am not asking others to die for my cause.  The appropriate annology would be if I called for all Iraqis to join the insurgency.

Saddam and  those who hated him so much that Iraq needed to be destroyed and tens of thousands of women and children needed to die to remove him violently.  I'm not on Saddam's side.  I'm on the dead children's side.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 08:09:51 PM »

I really hate it when people are stupid on purpose trying to win debates...

Yes I agree you were being dumb with your Doctor analogy.

You shouldn't be advocating others to kill and die for a cause that you are to chicken to kill and die for yourself.

As for the draft they prevent people from leaving the army even when their time is up and they send national guard units to fight when they clearly signed up to defend Connecticut not to invade Iraq.

Liberation? Rotflamo you must be joking.  We took a moderate secular state and handed it over to Shi'ite Theocrats.

Yeah I'm sure it was real positive for the masses without water and electricity or the 147,000+ dead including a majority of women and children.

I don't see how anyone well anyone who isn't a cold blooded murder of children can support Iraq.  Surely anyone who believes Iraq was a good thing should be flying a blue avatar.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 02:07:59 AM »

The argument that in order to have the right to have an opinion on something you must personally involve yourself in that thing is totally illogical, yet it seems to be the basis for your nonsensical belief system.

First off you can have whatever opinion you want.  But if you ask others to kill and die for a cause and you claim to feel strongly about it you should be willing to make the same sacrifice.  It is my opinion that if you don't have the balls to fight for a cause you advocate that puts thousands and thousands of American lives at great risk you are a coward and a chickenhawk.

And going to war is not comparable to other jobs.  Our jobs don't require us to wake up every morning with the goal of killing other people.  That is a very serious thing to ask someone and it should not be taken lightly.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 11:37:31 AM »

You're right. If a person doesn't have the balls to stand up and fight for what they believe in, that person is a worthless coward. And in that context, I then have NO doubt, that if terrorists were shooting people in your neighborhood, you and most of your left wing buddies wouldn't raise a damn finger to help your fellow citizens.

You can think that all you want but I'm well armed, a crack shot, and have no problem defending myself or my family.  What I won't do is advocate for an illegal and immoral war of aggression while pretending that it has anything to do with terrorists invading my home.

I would have been a Marine had Gore won in 2000.  And while I've got a family now and can't do what I once would have I will join the National Guard should a non warmonger be elected in 2008.   I'd fight for the United States of America.  Just not when it is slaughtering tens of thousands of Iraqi women and children in an unjustified, immoral, and illegal war.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »

No, Progress, thats just bad logic.  A cop absolutely wakes up every morning knowing he might have to kill someone.  Cops shoot criminals and kill them all the time, so how is that different?

It is different because police officers do not wake up every day knowing that people are going to try to kill them and that they will have to kill.  To pretend that war is no different from being a police officer is absolutely insane.

You're not legally obligated to do anything.  However you are still a coward should you be posting on a messageboard back in the states advocating warfare yet won't put your money where your mouth is.

It makes perfect sense.  But I can see why warmongers would think otherwise.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 11:48:21 AM »

Now, personally I'm too much of a coward and protective of my own life to go in. Still, I would probably cheer them on.

Sounds like we agree you'd be a coward.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 03:37:16 PM »

You must not know many cops.  Cops in fact do wake up every day knowing full well they may die in the line of duty.  Every cop knows another cop who has been killed in the line if they do the job long enough, and they know that if they pull someone over for a busted tail light and that guy happens to be some gang banger that's packin' who doesn't want to pay a ticket then the cop may end up dead.

Well I have friends who are police officers in Hartford, New Haven, and Bridgeport.  Now it isn't Detroit but they are the worst inner cities my state has to offer.  A friend of mine's father and member of the Newington Connecticut police department was shot and killed while responding to a domestic violence call.

Yes so does everyone else on the planet regardless of their job.  The difference is how likely that is.  And to compare working in the inner cities of my state at least to GOING TO WAR shows the very ignorance of the argument.  How many IED's have blown up police cars last year?  How many IED's have blown up Bradleys, Hummers, and the like?  It is absolutely insane to compare the two.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies