Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:38:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17306 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: January 07, 2006, 04:32:13 PM »

F.  Of course in fairness I would give that same grade to any religious right-winger.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:10:11 PM »

C-/D+

It would be an F, the War in Iraq brings it up a bunch.

You like the war?  What possible use is it to you?  Are you a defense contractor?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »

Samuel Alito, social security reform, the Partial Birth Abortion Ban (meaningless as it is),

Please change your avatar to Religious Party, Ebowed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You ridiculous prude!  I'd much rather have a fellow who ed donkeys on the White House lawn if he would implement real liberal policies.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »

No, but I do favor saving people from ruthless dictators.  Call me crazy.

I don't think 'crazy' is appropriate - stupid, probably, and gullible, certainly.  What business is it of yours who ruled over those people?  And do you think they're better off dead or tyrannized by a foreign aggressor? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »

No, but I do favor saving people from ruthless dictators.  Call me crazy.

I don't think 'crazy' is appropriate - stupid, probably, and gullible, certainly.  What business is it of yours who ruled over those people?  And do you think they're better off dead or tyrannized by a foreign aggressor? 

This kind of mindset is what causes people like Saddam Hussein to prosper in this world.  As the leader of the free world and the most powerful nation in the world, it is our responsibility to provide this type of freedom to other people.

The US isn't a very free nation at all, SOS.. and those Iraqis certaintly aren't free just because they got to vote for some US stooges and their country is being invaded by multinationals.

Because it has nothing to do with us.  The American government kills and jails lots of people here - worry about that why don't you?

No, I value my own life over all the other ones put together. 

Yes, the same type of liberal who supported the same type of imperialism masquerading as 'helping' in Vietnam.  The same sick cover story has been used since the beginning of history.  The fact is, those people don't want to be Americans, SoS, and some of them are bravely fighting the invaders to the death right now to prove it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 01:57:10 PM »

It's sad, actually.  It makes me feel sad for America that we have so many people who want to blame our president for problems that others have caused, simply because he's a more convenient target.  It's a very immature way of thinking, like a kid who blames his parents for everything he doesn't like about his life and the world.

You are certainly correct that it would be a mistake to scapegoat Bush for the miseries that have been caused by the entire upper class, dazzleman. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »

And I finally don't think that supporting freedom for Arabs automatically makes you a Republican.

Good lord, Gustaf, it isn't 'freedom', it is imperialism.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 01:29:38 PM »

You know, I honestly believe that Bush and his team have good intentions. 

Hah, seriously?  I suppose if you mean 'good intentions' towards their constitutency, which is at most one percent of the population.  Of course I suppose it is possible they believe their own nonsensical Horatio Alger rhetoric, but I really find that hard to believe.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »

b-

i have two big problems:

1.  he should push for social security privatization just as hard as he pressed for war

Hah, you are determined to shoot that foot of yours, aren't you worker!

What the hell? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 04:28:23 PM »

Certainly there is, Htmldon - the one you forgo.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 02:07:09 PM »

When your job is to apply the bootheel to some oppressed person's face, you have to expect him to try to kill you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies