Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:38:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17288 times)
MarkDel

« on: January 11, 2006, 02:00:11 AM »

I wasn't planning on returning here anytime soon, but another poster here just e-mailed me the link to this thread.

Almost 70% of the votes are less than a "C" and less than 10% are higher than a B+, yet according to most posters here, this forum is not biased towards one side of the political spectrum and is essentially right down the middle in political terms.

Sure it is...you guys keep telling yourselves that.

This forum USED TO BE great, but now it's essentially run and dominated by those of a left wing or center/left ideology. And that's a shame, because a couple years ago, I really enjoyed posting here. Now it sucks...
MarkDel

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 02:10:35 AM »

Anyway, I voted C-, which is what he's spent most of his life getting.

John,

You know I like you a great deal and have the utmost respect for you as I have indicated on several occasions in the past. But with all due respect, your "C-" comment about Bush is absolutely ridiculous as you've never walked a mile in his shoes. You have NO idea what it takes to maintain an "A" or even "B" average at an Ivy League school. The grading is done almost entirely on a curve, meaning that a certain percentage of people are doomed to low grades under all circumstances. Then factor in the level of competition as virtually everyone you compete with is a former Valedictorian, or at the very least, in the top 1-2% of the nation in SAT scores, grades and/or high school class ranking. And to complicate matters even further, if you have the audacity to be a Conservative, and you're actually dumb enough to speak your mind to your professors, then you face yet another steep obstacle in your efforts to establish a decent GPA. This is what George Bush faced in college, and as someone who has been down the same road as Bush, I can tell you that it's a little harder to get good grades at an Ivy League school than Cal State-Bozo, or SUNY-Halfwits, or any other variation of the generic state schools.
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:16:27 AM »

The argument that in order to have the right to have an opinion on something you must personally involve yourself in that thing is totally illogical, yet it seems to be the basis for your nonsensical belief system.

First off you can have whatever opinion you want.  But if you ask others to kill and die for a cause and you claim to feel strongly about it you should be willing to make the same sacrifice.  It is my opinion that if you don't have the balls to fight for a cause you advocate that puts thousands and thousands of American lives at great risk you are a coward and a chickenhawk.

And going to war is not comparable to other jobs.  Our jobs don't require us to wake up every morning with the goal of killing other people.  That is a very serious thing to ask someone and it should not be taken lightly.

Progress,

You're right. If a person doesn't have the balls to stand up and fight for what they believe in, that person is a worthless coward. And in that context, I then have NO doubt, that if terrorists were shooting people in your neighborhood, you and most of your left wing buddies wouldn't raise a damn finger to help your fellow citizens.

You DO fight for what you believe in...it's just too bad it's not the United States of America pal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies