Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:57:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far
A+

A

A-

B+

B

B-

C+

C

C-

D+

D

D-

F

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 120

Author Topic: Grade George W. Bush's Presidency thus far  (Read 17269 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 07, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »

Well, I'm only 15.  However, to be honest, no I would not have signed up to go to Iraq.  Not because I do not support the war, but because I believe my talents (if I were an adult at the time) could have been better used back at home.

That is the most common response of a chickenhawk man.  Most often combined with "I'm fighting the war against Liberals at home."  If you don't believe strongly enough to fight for it you probably shouldn't be advocating others to die for it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes most hawks who don't believe strongly enough in the military to serve hate when others point out that flaw.

Could you be good at driving a truck?  Helping injured people?  Not everyone in the military fights.

Well you can sure.  But that doesn't mean you should.

I appreciate the honest responses True Independent.  When we win in 2008 and there is once again a sanity based foriegn policy you should seriously think about joining up.  There is no greater honor than to serve.

Do you support operating in people who are sick? Are you a doctor? If not, you shouldn't call on others to perform surgery, if you're not ready to do so yourself. Or just shut up.

I give him a B-, he barely passes. Domestic spending is bad, Iraq war is good, diplomacy is bad. His only really harmful act is pissing off the world too much. He's been unethical, but not much more so than most presidents.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:00:45 PM »

Do you support operating in people who are sick? Are you a doctor? If not, you shouldn't call on others to perform surgery, if you're not ready to do so yourself. Or just shut up.

Yes because asking a doctor to do something that I can not is the same thing as asking others to kill tends of thousands of innocent women and children and to have a significant chance of becoming disabled or even get killed.

But I think the fact that you can make that analogy shows that you don't see war as the last possible resort.

I really hate it when people are stupid on purpose trying to win debates...you can pick any other example. And who asked anyone anything? I can applaud and support what others do without having to do it myself. That ought to be pretty obvious. Unless you didn't know, the US does not have a draft so your soldiers actually picked that job.

And your second paragraph is sort of hard to understand...how does it show that exactly? But tell me what those other resorts were...saying please? I don't see how people can view the lbieration of a country as a bad thing, regardless of what you think of Bush. Sure, he didn't care one iota about the Iraqi people, I'm not kidding myself into believing that, but the end result was still positive.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »

I really hate it when people are stupid on purpose trying to win debates...

Yes I agree you were being dumb with your Doctor analogy.

You shouldn't be advocating others to kill and die for a cause that you are to chicken to kill and die for yourself.

As for the draft they prevent people from leaving the army even when their time is up and they send national guard units to fight when they clearly signed up to defend Connecticut not to invade Iraq.

Liberation? Rotflamo you must be joking.  We took a moderate secular state and handed it over to Shi'ite Theocrats.

Yeah I'm sure it was real positive for the masses without water and electricity or the 147,000+ dead including a majority of women and children.

I don't see how anyone well anyone who isn't a cold blooded murder of children can support Iraq.  Surely anyone who believes Iraq was a good thing should be flying a blue avatar.

So you think that every action I want to be done I have to do myself, or I'm a hypocrite? Let's say I get sick from watching blood so I can't stand helping people at the scene of an accident. Should I then oppose others doing that, in order to not be a hypocrite?

You seriously think the Iraqis had it nice under Saddam Hussein? ou have any idea how he treated people there? I mean, do you have any sense of history at all? And I'm sure you don't mean to say that a majority of women and children died in Iraq. Tongue A lot of people used to die during the tyrannie that they lived under too. And that they're voting in religious loonies isn't anyone's fault but their own.

And I finally don't think that supporting freedom for Arabs automatically makes you a Republican.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »

Progress is one twisted fool.

I support having a fire department, because it performs an important service.  Firefighters die every year in the line of duty.  I am not a firefighter, and don't plan to become one.  Am I a hypocrite?

I support having a police force to fight crime.  Cops die every day in the line of duty.  I am not a cop and don't plan to become one.  Am I a hypocrite?

I supprot having roads.  Yet being a transit wroker is one of the most dangerous jobs out there, and hundreds of transit workers are hit by cars every year doing road construction.  I am not a transit worker and don't plan to become one.  Am I a hyopcrite?

The argument that in order to have the right to have an opinion on something you must personally involve yourself in that thing is totally illogical, yet it seems to be the basis for your nonsensical belief system.

I tried to show him this earlier, but he didn't get it. Another way of putting it is this: let's say I'm in an office building that has caught fire. I narrowly manage to escape. While sitting out-side waiting for help, I see some of my collegaues going in to save some of the children from the nursery on floor 3. Now, personally I'm too much of a coward and protective of my own life to go in. Still, I would probably cheer them on. Progress on the other hand seems to think that my duty here is to stop them, so that I'm not a hypocrite. That's another reason why the position is stupid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies