Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:21:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36]
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 50029 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: March 04, 2020, 10:45:44 AM »

Count me surprised Trump didn't include any reference to Bloomberg's height in his patented "dumping on the Democratic candidate for President who just dropped out" tweet.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: March 04, 2020, 10:45:59 AM »

500 - 700 million.

I wonder if he feels it was worth it.

I'm sure he does.  That includes paid staff through November and the development of a sophisticated data operation that Democrats can use.

This highly "sophisticated data operation" help him a lot  Roll Eyes

I heard the same in 2016, when Crooked inherited Obama's "sophisticated data operation". It is about Candidate and Policies, stupid!

Firstly, Bloomberg was a terrible candidate.  However, that data operation did combined played a significant role and taking him from 1% to receiving a signfiicant amount of votes yesterday.

To you last point, yes candidate quality matters.  Biden is a much better candidate than Bloomberg (both in the primary and the general).  The data operation will help him immensely, and help Democrats up and down the ballot in November.

Yup, this is what I'm thankful for. I was never a huge Bloomberg fan, but if he can help us win with ressources, money and staffers, that's great. We need everything possible to beat Mr. Trump. Bloomberg is with us on this and willing to help.

Yup.  Bloomberg has been terrible, but if his mission is to sell a significant chunk of his fortune to redeme himself then I'm ok with that.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #877 on: March 04, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »

500 - 700 million.

I wonder if he feels it was worth it.

I'm sure he does.  That includes paid staff through November and the development of a sophisticated data operation that Democrats can use.

This highly "sophisticated data operation" help him a lot  Roll Eyes

I heard the same in 2016, when Crooked inherited Obama's "sophisticated data operation". It is about Candidate and Policies, stupid!

Firstly, Bloomberg was a terrible candidate.  However, that data operation did combined played a significant role and taking him from 1% to receiving a signfiicant amount of votes yesterday.

To you last point, yes candidate quality matters.  Biden is a much better candidate than Bloomberg (both in the primary and the general).  The data operation will help him immensely, and help Democrats up and down the ballot in November.

Nah. It was his money, not magical "sophisticated data operation". And his money partly worked in a large field with zero Obama-level charismatic candidates.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #878 on: March 04, 2020, 11:03:45 AM »

Bruh I wish I had a cool $500 mil to waste. Must be nice. Maybe I can find a way to get him to pay off my student loans.....
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #879 on: March 04, 2020, 12:47:03 PM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #880 on: March 04, 2020, 01:14:57 PM »

Bloomberg was a good mayor.

But he will never be president.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #881 on: March 04, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »

$560 million to come away with American Samoa. Thanks a lot for taking delegates away from Biden, Mike. If not for you we would have won California.

On the one hand everybody has a right to run for office. On the other hand, in terms of strategy and achieving goals, he ran to deny Sanders the nomination. And in fact he actually helped Sanders by draining away a strong chunk of would be Biden supporters.

So yeah, great job Mike
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #882 on: March 04, 2020, 03:07:31 PM »

Before you hammer Mike Bloomberg, keep in mind that he built a strong operation on the ground with staffers for the general election. All of them are well paid to November and Democrats can take advantage from that in the fight against Trump. I'm grateful for what Mike is doing.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies