Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:50:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 50979 times)
Warning: This post is currently hidden because it contains potentially inappropriate or sensitive content.
Click to show post
Cassandra
Situationist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #651 on: February 18, 2020, 01:52:28 PM »

Sanders supporters: beat the sh-t out of dissenters and shoot the rich
Trump supporters: beat the sh-t out of dissenters and kick out all the Mexicans
Good and smart-brained moderates: these are the same thing
Fixed it for you. I've received many, many death threats from Sanders supporters since 2016, telling me I deserve to be shot during the "revolution," fantasizing about murdering my family, and accusing me of everything under the sun. And lets not forget the leftist blackshirt gangs that vandalized DC in January 2017.

LMFAO you're so full of s[inks]t

Shouldn't it be sh[inks]?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #652 on: February 18, 2020, 01:58:32 PM »

Sanders supporters: beat the sh-t out of dissenters and shoot the rich
Trump supporters: beat the sh-t out of dissenters and kick out all the Mexicans
Good and smart-brained moderates: these are the same thing
Fixed it for you. I've received many, many death threats from Sanders supporters since 2016, telling me I deserve to be shot during the "revolution," fantasizing about murdering my family, and accusing me of everything under the sun. And lets not forget the leftist blackshirt gangs that vandalized DC in January 2017.

LMFAO you're so full of s[inks]t

Shouldn't it be sh[inks]?

I've always used (first letter)[inks](last letter) myself.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #653 on: February 18, 2020, 02:12:17 PM »

Will Bloomberg get to bring his own box to stand on, or will one be provided for him?
I will continue to believe Trump and Sanders supporters are the different sides of the same coin.

And that's why we'll beat him: real populists beat faux populists every day of the week!
That's just not true. Right wing populism has pretty consistently beaten left wing populism around much of the world in recent years.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »

https://abc7.com/politics/surveyusa-poll-bloomberg-surges-to-2nd-place-among-california-voters/5943914/?fbclid=IwAR0yEYtrkhvjxHl6YLcsINe0rjLuJxD-c-p7qjhTSvrH2zx4KU4RUWYPrXE

Bloomberg second to Sanders in CA primary poll.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2020, 03:32:04 PM »

Will Bloomberg get to bring his own box to stand on, or will one be provided for him?
I will continue to believe Trump and Sanders supporters are the different sides of the same coin.

And that's why we'll beat him: real populists beat faux populists every day of the week!
That's just not true. Right wing populism has pretty consistently beaten left wing populism around much of the world in recent years.

>"Pretty consistently"

And if left-wing populism can't beat right-wing populism, do you think limp-d[inks]ked milquetoast left-centrism can? Maybe all the people need to hear about is one more convoluted public-private partnership on HMOs or toll roads for them to tear off the chains of oppression forever!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #656 on: February 18, 2020, 05:32:34 PM »

Watching Warren roast Bloomberg on a spit over an open fire tomorrow will be glorious.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »

Watching Warren roast Bloomberg on a spit over an open fire tomorrow will be glorious.

I have a feeling Klobuchar will be the one to lay the heaviest punches.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2020, 05:37:56 PM »

Quoted for posterity.

In terms of results, this may be the wrong way around, but I will wait and see for myself.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/18/politics/michael-bloomberg-surge-2020-democrats/index.html

He does not even have to look at Warren, let alone worry about what she thinks.

It's like a speed boat gliding past the sinking Titanic.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »

I have a feeling Klobuchar will be the one to lay the heaviest punches.

Depends on who is the most desperate to change the dynamics of the race.  I think it is just as likely to be Biden as Klobuchar
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2020, 05:40:36 PM »

Whether it's Liz or Klob, or Bernard, I will enjoy the punches.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2020, 06:10:57 PM »

I'm sorry Warren isn't going to do sh-t. She was supposed to have this epic battle with Bernie and this epic battle with Biden and when she got in their face she barely made a move on them. I have no reason to believe she'll do anything with Bloomberg nor will he give her the time of the day. She just got 0 delegates in a state tailored made with her strongest demographics. She will be irrelevant.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2020, 06:27:10 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »

Yeah, but that was waaay back in 2019. He's clearly evolved! Tongue
Forward
United States

« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »

Ugh, this is moderately worse than the other one, but it’s still not bad at all. Please actually watch the video instead of just reading the headline. He was arguing that trans rights shouldn’t central message of one’s campaign and that it would be better politics to focus on things like the economy instead. Again, he uses “man in a dress” to describe how Midwesterners feel about the issue, not how he feels about it. He says “he, she, it,” not “it.” As the article points out, Bloomberg’s record on trans-rights is phenomenal. He signed one of the most extensive trans-rights bills in 2002, way before trans acceptance became mainstream. His current platform on trans rights is one of the best. He even wants taxpayer funded gender reassignment surgeries!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »

Everyone will be attacking Bloomberg tomorrow. There is no downside to any of them doing that. Mutual concern about him from all fronts might just be what it takes to unite the party. Thanks Mayor Bloomberg!
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2020, 09:54:08 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2020, 12:05:33 AM by Da2017 »

Nominating him is Trump's best chance at a second term.He might be the only candidate who could get less than 200 EV;s. This guy is a utter charisma vacuum. Not to mention the amount of baggage. The only thing he has going for him is money.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2020, 10:25:35 PM »

I think people assuming Bloomberg is going to be roasted and embarrassed tomorrow will be sorely disappointed. Most people are aware of his stop and frisk policy by now.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2020, 11:46:47 PM »

I think people assuming Bloomberg is going to be roasted and embarrassed tomorrow will be sorely disappointed. Most people are aware of his stop and frisk policy by now.

It doesn't matter if he over-performs the low expectations of this forum. We may even declare him the winner.

What matters is that he will almost certainly under-perform the high expectations of his would-be voters. This is going to be the first time they see him and you never get a second chance to make the first impression.

And no, contrary to what you are saying, Bloomberg's low information voters are not aware of his stop and frisk policy or any other racist, sexist, or elitist thing he has said and done in the last ten or so years.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2020, 11:58:55 PM »

Please, stop feeding the troll before the mods have to come and cleanse the thread with fire.
ViaActiva

« Reply #670 on: February 19, 2020, 06:21:16 AM »

Bloomberg is the perfect foil for Bernie Sanders - allowing Bernie to play the underdog against the billionaire trying to buy the Democratic primary. Bloomberg is counterproductive for moderates in the Democratic Party and should have stuck to funding Dems down the ticket.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #671 on: February 19, 2020, 06:23:39 AM »

I hope he gets done in by the other candidates on the debate stage.

But someone has to strike the first blow.  Historically in situations like this Bloomberg will get hurt but so will the candidate that attacks first.  Because of this everyone might hold back hoping someone else strikes first.

That's why Warren is still in.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #672 on: February 19, 2020, 06:59:09 AM »

If you were wondering why a sizable share of Democrats still believes in Schiff's lies even after Mueller's report, here is an answer. Because it's working.

Roll Eyes
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #673 on: February 19, 2020, 08:10:07 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/michael-bloomberg-women/?fbclid=IwAR2ltz7vCRdxLhsq_v-EpALHROXZJ55LUbX4bhPK0AkrHJRx_e88eATgPK4

We still know that Bill Clinton and Trump were not particularly women-friendly. The Monica Lewinsky affair and the Access Hollywood Tape are burnt to the eye forever. With the Harvey Weinstein trial, the whole #metoo thing seems to be in the spotlight again, and we all know in the meantime that Joe Biden is not taking it too closely with women, and taking pictures with children and women in a creepy way stand.

Michael Bloomberg, the so-called "stop Sanders" candidate, is not much better than these men. On the contrary, he will have a hard time tonight in the debates about the recent woman-unfriendly comments he has made and the many accusations against him of women, and numerous lawsuits. How can you take Bloomberg seriously as a candidate, precisely because Democrats wanted to block Kavanaugh's candidacy because of a rape in the past (which people testified against in the US senate). Such a person should not be a president, and is absolutely no improvement on Trump in that regard.

What we ask is very simple. A candidate who fights for women's rights, gender equality. A candidate who respects women. And a candidate who stays away from the women with his DIRTY HANDS.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #674 on: February 19, 2020, 10:06:42 AM »

LOL, the dude's net worth on Forbes is now 64.2 billion (link). It was 62.8 billion last week and 61.8 billion last month. He's spending 380 million dollars since November and his net worth increases week by week? Ugh.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies