Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:14:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 49896 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: November 07, 2019, 07:20:50 PM »

Isn't he just making a Warren victory more likely?...Eh, I guess not. That would assume that he polls high enough to bring Biden down even more. He won't poll better than 1%.

As long as he doesn't run third party in the general election, I don't actually really care though. It's his time and money being wasted here. Is that really better than contributing some of that money in taxes under a policy that will never become reality, from a presidency that is far from guaranteed?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »

It's not completely unearned. Bloomberg is very obviously not the kind of candidate that the modern Democratic Party wants.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:12:46 PM »

He, and any other candidate considering jumping in at this late time, really should have accepted that Democratic primary voters are not going to budge from supporting the top three or four candidates.

His money would be better spent supporting a candidate he would prefer in the primary, or even down-ballot races if he truly cares about the party and its chances for success in 2020.

Or hell, if he really wants to defeat Trump so badly (as everyone should), he could also consider bankrolling Weld against him in the Republican primary or something.

Running in the primary is a complete waste of everything possible for him: money, reputation, time, etc.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 07:09:14 PM »

That, and the timing of him only apologizing for it while potentially eyeing the presidency make this overall bad for him.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 08:21:59 PM »

This is good. This is what he should be doing alongside supporting down-ballot Democrats. It's effort and money better spent than a Quixotic presidential run is.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 08:06:00 PM »

I've been seeing his ads all week, they're actually really good! These are the kinds of ads Biden should air during the primaries.

He still isn't going anywhere though. But he might have converted my mom, she seems to think he'd be a good candidate. She's wrong, of course.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 08:12:46 PM »

1%. Only because of the vast wealth at his disposal.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 07:56:57 PM »

He wastes money that would be better spent supporting down-ballot candidates.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »

Hopefully your use of this increasingly meaningless word has now finally killed others', especially on the left, desire to use it.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »

I don't know why people are saying the guy has no charisma. He's really funny here:

It's true though, Fallon is a charisma quasar.

Oh, you meant Bloomberg!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »

I get ads for him all the time. Oddly enough, one of them used the song "Small Town". Ironic for the former mayor of the largest city in the nation.

That's because John Mellencamp endorsed Bloomberg, believe it or not:

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/481606-john-mellencamp-cuts-ad-for-bloomberg-hell-take-the-fight
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 07:42:34 PM »

Dem voters don't give a damn. As long as he can beat Trump...
I don't know about that.

For once we agree on something.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 07:33:30 PM »

Me too, I love it though.

But I've been pretty ambivalent about this entire primary. So I'm probably more like Thor off doing my thing in this instance.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 07:54:29 PM »

Me too, I love it though.

But I've been pretty ambivalent about this entire primary. So I'm probably more like Thor off doing my thing in this instance.

Kinda hurt you didn’t throw a D-GA avatar on the pro-Bernie/anti-Bloomberg side

Well John Dule did it, not me. I have no Photoshop skills, or any other artistic skills whatsoever.

You could be Spider-man!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »

Everyone will be attacking Bloomberg tomorrow. There is no downside to any of them doing that. Mutual concern about him from all fronts might just be what it takes to unite the party. Thanks Mayor Bloomberg!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »

Disgusting how vicious the other democrats have been to Bloomberg. We can't be dividing the party and attacking other democrats. We all need to unite to take on Trump.

Anyway, that rat B*rnie S*nders needs to frick off! Take his brainless bros with him! We don't need people who insult candidates and supporters!

Welcome aboard fellow Bloomburger! How much are they paying you?

Mike's paying me well enough in his promise to landslide Drumpf Wink

(Though I did get a nice envelope with $1000 in it along with my Marie Claire this month).

Paid for by the Committee to Elect Michael R. Bloomberg. This meme and all other memes posted by this account do not necessarily reflect the opinions of John Dule or of the Atlas Forum in general. The unlawful reproduction or redistribution of this copyrighted campaign material is strictly prohibited under Title 17, United States Code, Sections 501 and 506. All rights reserved. © 2020.

You've really outdone yourself this time.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 07:43:12 PM »

I appreciate the trolling but you need more than to be an effective nominee against Trump. And Bloomberg just wouldn't be.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 08:11:44 PM »

The fact that he has these at all should be disqualifying for him. He may be a rich New Yorker but he hasn't demonstrated the ability to get away with things the way the other "rich" "New Yorker" (now Floridian) does.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 08:01:17 PM »

Mike has such an abhorrent history. I could never bring myself to vote for him in the primary.

The candidate he tried to make himself out to be through his ads would have been a good anti-Bernie option but nah. IDK what to do next month.

Hehe, pre-debate I almost became convinced by Bloomberg's ads too. I see tons of them every day, but they're all a bunch of bulls***. I can definitely call them well-made though for having that effect.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 08:34:11 PM »

Biden is the most experienced candidate up there. 8 years as VP, right there with Obama. On top of all that time as Senator.

I guess Bloomberg is counting his business / private sector work as "experience."

Experience isn't much of a selling point anymore.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 07:05:33 PM »

He might as well just make a deal with a re-elected Trump then.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 07:27:21 PM »

What pisses me off about Bloomberg so much is that he claims credit for 911 recovery.

That was ALL Giuliani and Pataki. Not him. I've roleplayed in election games as Rudy Giuliani more than 3 times and I know plenty about how he blunted the impact of the attacks. Bloomboy was only riding on his coattails.

Had Giuliani not disgraced himself with the Ukraine quagmire, he would still have a very high reputation with broad swaths of people, especially on this forum.

Wrong.  He's been off the deep end very publicly ever since campaigning for Trump in 2016.

He has actually always been loon. He just used his tenure as Mayor during 9-11 as a cover for it and a lot of people (myself included for at least some time) bought it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies