Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:59:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 49997 times)
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« on: November 07, 2019, 06:03:12 PM »

May you live in interesting times.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/politics/bloomberg-alabama-democratic-primary/index.html

Wolfson also told CNN in a statement that the former New York City mayor plans to skip the first four primary contests.
"If we run, we are confident we can win in states voting on Super Tuesday and beyond, where we will start on an even footing," Wolfson said in a statement that was first reported by The Washington Post.
"But the late timing of our entry means that many candidates already have a big head start in the four early states, where they've spent months and months campaigning and spending money. We have enormous respect for the Democratic primary process and many friends in those states, but our plan is to run a broad-based, national campaign."

This strikes me as a pretty unusual move, anyone have a justification for this? Only thing I can think of is he doesn't want to play spoiler to Joe Biden but even then is he really considering that late to still be holding out for him?
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:51:14 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/politics/bloomberg-alabama-democratic-primary/index.html

Wolfson also told CNN in a statement that the former New York City mayor plans to skip the first four primary contests.
"If we run, we are confident we can win in states voting on Super Tuesday and beyond, where we will start on an even footing," Wolfson said in a statement that was first reported by The Washington Post.
"But the late timing of our entry means that many candidates already have a big head start in the four early states, where they've spent months and months campaigning and spending money. We have enormous respect for the Democratic primary process and many friends in those states, but our plan is to run a broad-based, national campaign."

This strikes me as a pretty unusual move, anyone have a justification for this? Only thing I can think of is he doesn't want to play spoiler to Joe Biden but even then is he really considering that late to still be holding out for him?

How do you think he’s no spoiler for Uncle Joe when Biden’s best states are coming up on Super Tuesday ?

This is a good point, on second thought perhaps Bloomberg just doesn't want to sink very much into the states where campaigning has been going on for months and doesn't want a dismal performance in them to kill perception of him as a serious candidate.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 11:46:35 PM »

No archives available of it so it does seem new.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 05:35:57 AM »

Very low but not nil.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 08:14:44 PM »

You cannot buy votes.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 02:51:23 AM »

Phew! This is reassuring. Now I have absolutely no reason to oppose Citizens United. Smiley

Yea, I kinda dropped the ball with that post not gonna lie. Moreso going for the winning an entire primary without attending debates, without contesting the first 4, it cuts out so many other factors that are at play and just assumes that if you drop enough money people will sort of just vote for you plainly because they saw you on TV. it's a bit unheard of strategy wise but I cannot see it working.
W
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 06:48:31 PM »

American Samoan chief Fa’alagiga Nina Tua’au-Glaude has endorsed Bloomberg. Bloomberg has put a lot of focus on AS in an attempt to pick off delegates. Will it pay off? Yes. I mean uhh, we'll see!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies