SF Mayoral Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:08:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SF Mayoral Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Breed

Leno

Kim

Alioto

Zhou

Greenberg

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: SF Mayoral Election  (Read 1031 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: November 11, 2019, 05:59:14 AM »

London Breed is a step in the right direction for my home city. The zoning laws here are a disaster and the streets are completely overrun with vicious transients. I support both of her positions on these issues, as should anyone who wants the best for San Francisco's communities.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:10:19 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2019, 06:14:10 PM by Smiling John »

My neighborhood in Berkeley has seen 12,000 criminal incidents in a two-block radius in the past eight years. Directly adjacent to this area is People's Park, a massive encampment for homeless people and drug addicts. This is not a coincidence. The homeless in Berkeley steal from students, commit knifepoint robberies, assault female students, yell slurs at passersby, verbally abuse one another at the top of their lungs, wander into stores to steal and panhandle, go into drug-induced fits of incoherent rage, defecate on public transportation, trespass in classrooms during lectures, and litter everywhere. Due to years of crack and meth abuse, they have no capacity for rational thought and cannot be reasoned with. And they have absolutely nothing to lose, which makes them desperate and dangerous.

If you would feel comfortable letting your daughter walk through People's Park at 2 AM, you're either a sadist or completely delusional. I have far more empathy for my fellow students-- who have to tolerate these creatures on a daily basis-- than I do for a burnout crackhead who is a few inches away from going on a stabbing spree on Sproul Plaza.

We need to undo the moronic policies of the 1980s and provide new facilities where these people can be taken to handle withdrawal, and potentially seek medical care. Nobody is talking about beating up homeless people. We are just concerned for the safety of our communities, and we want to be able to go outside after dark without worrying that some chud will slit our throats for twenty bucks and a clean pair of pants.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies