Indian Supreme Court rules Ram Temple can be built in Ayodhya
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:07:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Indian Supreme Court rules Ram Temple can be built in Ayodhya
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indian Supreme Court rules Ram Temple can be built in Ayodhya  (Read 870 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2019, 02:54:59 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-50355775

Good , but want needs to be done is they need to fix the lack of law and order problem in India as well. Yes that means implementing mostly US-style Law and Order policies but US style law and order enforcement as well
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 03:12:57 AM »

Good , but want needs to be done is they need to fix the lack of law and order problem in India as well. Yes that means implementing mostly US-style Law and Order policies but US style law and order enforcement as well

beeepbooop
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 03:44:01 AM »

beeepbooop

lol
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 08:21:18 AM »

Another triumph for Modi's fascism-lite.

Big whoop.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 08:25:27 AM »

I didn't know that the L.A. Rams were so popular in India that they were granted their own temple by the Supreme Court.

Not bad.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 08:37:48 AM »

Like the law and order problem that happened when an unruly mob destroyed the Babri Mosque?
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 11:00:42 AM »

This is a good call. The Mosque which was there was converted into one after Islamic military conquest of the area, and today the Indian government is restoring it to its original state.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 12:05:41 PM »

This is a good call. The Mosque which was there was converted into one after Islamic military conquest of the area, and today the Indian government is restoring it to its original state.

This
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »

serious question: what was there before the mosque? All the news reports I've seen say things like "it is believed a temple was demolished and replaced with a masjid by Babur's generals" and Wikipedia is also unclear. I know this is the sort of thing were both sides are probably distorting information, but do we have any neutral clarification?
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »

serious question: what was there before the mosque? All the news reports I've seen say things like "it is believed a temple was demolished and replaced with a masjid by Babur's generals" and Wikipedia is also unclear. I know this is the sort of thing were both sides are probably distorting information, but do we have any neutral clarification?

The neutral consensus is that there was no temple on the site. It was certainly a noted Hindu religious site (and building a mosque there, likely done by a local governor and not actually by Babur, was an attempt to assert Muslim religious identity on a Hindu religious site), but the site was a neglected one with no temple of any significance. It is noteworthy that Jains and Buddhists in India both also claim the supposed "destroyed temple" to have been one of theirs, i.e., the "destroyed temple" myth is more of a tenet of faith than something with any real evidence showing it.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 11:00:31 PM »

I don't know enough about Indian religious jurisprudence to know why the Supreme Court is involved in a dispute like this or how good its grounds are for this ruling, but I do know that OSR actively cheering it on raises questions about why he's invested.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 09:20:50 PM »

This

I mean if we go by this logic then we are probably going to have to destroy most mosques and take away land that is owned by muslims all over the subcontinent because they werent there first and their ancestors took the land by force hundreds of years ago (well a lot more people than I'd care to imagine would be totally down for this). If we are going to do that, let's stay true to the principle of course and do the same for the North Indian Aryan non-muslims who were also invaders and just give the entire subcontinent to the Dravidian people. The mad cycle has to stop at some point. Most groups at some point or another have been invaders. At least people like this have balls enough to state their views publicly truly, I'll give them that no matter how vile they are, because it is pretty evident where some people stand even behind a thin screen.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/440165-fayaz-chohan-removed-as-minister-after-derogatory-remarks-against-hindus

Anyways, my take on the actual issue is this. I don't care on a spiritual level alone about some random mosque getting destroyed itself alone for two reasons, one I subscribe to the notion that nothing on this earth is really holy besides the souls of the living, and two it was not even some super special mosque or anything. What makes me fear more is that this will embolden people to possibly replicate acts like this in the future, which while I don't really consider spiritual desecration for myself, it's still vandalism and violence and a whole host of other stuff which is not good. The court should have given the land to neither group, and instead proposed a memorial for all victims of all religions of communal violence in the subcontinent, with a no-religious preference prayer room attached to it. All I can do, and that I do is make supplications that the bad apples from both sides just kill eachother off, so the vast majority of good people can live in peace and with little fear.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2019, 10:48:38 PM »

This

I mean if we go by this logic then we are probably going to have to destroy most mosques and take away land that is owned by muslims all over the subcontinent because they werent there first and their ancestors took the land by force hundreds of years ago (well a lot more people than I'd care to imagine would be totally down for this). If we are going to do that, let's stay true to the principle of course and do the same for the North Indian Aryan non-muslims who were also invaders and just give the entire subcontinent to the Dravidian people. The mad cycle has to stop at some point. Most groups at some point or another have been invaders. At least people like this have balls enough to state their views publicly truly, I'll give them that no matter how vile they are, because it is pretty evident where some people stand even behind a thin screen.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/440165-fayaz-chohan-removed-as-minister-after-derogatory-remarks-against-hindus

Anyways, my take on the actual issue is this. I don't care on a spiritual level alone about some random mosque getting destroyed itself alone for two reasons, one I subscribe to the notion that nothing on this earth is really holy besides the souls of the living, and two it was not even some super special mosque or anything. What makes me fear more is that this will embolden people to possibly replicate acts like this in the future, which while I don't really consider spiritual desecration for myself, it's still vandalism and violence and a whole host of other stuff which is not good. The court should have given the land to neither group, and instead proposed a memorial for all victims of all religions of communal violence in the subcontinent, with a no-religious preference prayer room attached to it. All I can do, and that I do is make supplications that the bad apples from both sides just kill eachother off, so the vast majority of good people can live in peace and with little fear.

Which is why I said I think India should adopt US style Law and Order policies
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 12:30:27 PM »

This

wtf does that mean
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 12:43:36 PM »

This

wtf does that mean

The problem with India is their is a lack of law and order which is why I laugh when people say it’s too authoritarian, um no saying that it is , is like saying US gun laws are too strict.

While the laws on the books in India are pretty strong , the problem is the way they are enforced makes many of them like they are functionally not there . It affects things as basic as driving where thanks to a lack of law and order almost no one follows basic driving rules , to much more terrible stuff like vigilantism to violent protests . It’s more than those things as well

Here in the US , Indian style riots just can’t happen as here cops get involved as soon as a protest gets ugly and breaks it up . 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 06:22:31 PM »

I don't know enough about Indian religious jurisprudence to know why the Supreme Court is involved in a dispute like this or how good its grounds are for this ruling, but I do know that OSR actively cheering it on raises questions about why he's invested.
OSR has a dual loyalty to India. Nobody else wants to say it, so I will. He has repeatedly prioritized Indian interests over those of his own country.
urutzizu
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 06:58:18 PM »

OSR has a dual loyalty to India. Nobody else wants to say it, so I will. He has repeatedly prioritized Indian interests over those of his own country.

If anyone said this about a Jewish poster and their support of Israel they would be out of the door instantly, so hope I can expect no Double Standards from the Mods here either.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »

I am not cheering anything, lol read my response again. I said good but the more important thing is law and order
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2019, 07:44:45 PM by Old School Republican »

No I have not lol, I always will side with America First. I have made it clear that I think the US should ban products from any nation(including India) which uses child labor or unsafe labor in general . I was also supportive of Trump's decision to remove most favored trade status with India as the only nation we should have that with is Canada and maybe the UK . I also would except India in an alliance with America to spend 2% of their GDP on defense and would demand it from them as well.  I also support US Cold War foreign policy with Pakistan because it was 100% beneficial to the US and it helped destroy the Commies.

I support a alliance with India because of the fact it will help our nation a lot: We will have a trade partner in one of the fastest growing economies in the world and unlike with China is actually a Democracy, and both the US and India have common enemies(China and Radical Islamic Terrorism).

Lastly if the US still had a draft and I was drafted , I would serve proudly and patriotically in the US military. I would not do the same with India if they had an South Korean style system at all as I am an proud and patriotic American.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »

This thread is clearly going off the rails, so I'm locking it before I'll have to intervene.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies