Recommended board game: 1960 - The Making of the President JFK vs. Nixon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Recommended board game: 1960 - The Making of the President JFK vs. Nixon
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recommended board game: 1960 - The Making of the President JFK vs. Nixon  (Read 488 times)
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 13, 2019, 05:47:41 AM »

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27708/1960-making-president

If y'all haven't tried out this board game, give it a go. Played it with my girlfriend the other night, and while I led most of the game as JFK she opened a wide lead following the debates and crushed me 325-212! Check out this weird af map we came up with.

Sought a rematch yesterday and managed to narrowly win 286-232-19 this time around, thanks to a change in strategy and a few lucky draws from the deck. See-sawing Illinois went to me in the last minute, which prevented us from getting tied since she forced MS & AL to go unpledged.

Such a fun game and 50/50 just like the election it's based from! Highly recommended for my fellow election geeks on here.

538Electoral

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 10:52:29 PM »

DANG THAT'S EXPENSIVE! Sounds like fun but no way I'm paying upwards of $100 for a board game.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 01:12:22 AM »

DANG THAT'S EXPENSIVE! Sounds like fun but no way I'm paying upwards of $100 for a board game.

Oh I feel you, it was a birthday present from my best friend. Would not have spent the $$$ it's worth without at least experiencing it first. I promise it's worth it though, you'd best be informing friends and family that it's on your bday list lol
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies