GA-UGA: Biden +8, Sanders +4, Warren/Buttigieg +3, Harris +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:04:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GA-UGA: Biden +8, Sanders +4, Warren/Buttigieg +3, Harris +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-UGA: Biden +8, Sanders +4, Warren/Buttigieg +3, Harris +1  (Read 2881 times)
tagimaucia

« on: November 13, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »

on the one hand, the 61% college educated figure is crazy and wrong.

on the other hand, if you believe catalist's data from 2018, which i think is based on the actual voter file, kemp won non-college voters by 2% and abrams won college voters by 1%, so barely a difference (there's a lot of non-white non-college folks in georgia and they dislike trump/republicans *even more* than their white counterparts dislike democrats). so i'm not sure that the education weighting concerns are as salient here as they would be somewhere like michigan or wisconsin? also this same poll was only off by 1 point in the 2018 governor's race-- i'm not sure what their longer term track record is though.
tagimaucia

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 11:34:48 AM »

The crazy thing is that this poll is giving Perdue a 49/31 approval rate. How can he be so popular in a such D friendly poll ?

I think there are tons of suburbanites, particularly women, in Georgia who aren't all that ideological (but at least tend to be moving meaningfully to the left of the modern Republican party on cultural issues) and are fine with a "generic" Republican who doesn't make too many waves (at least that they are aware of) but absolutely hate Trump and his perceived boorishness/stupidity and will almost certainly vote against him or stay home in 2020. The gap between the presidential horserace and Purdue's approval probably isn't quite this wide in reality, but as someone who grew up in the Atlanta suburbs it's not crazy to me that there'd be a big one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies