Commonwealth of Frémont • 14th Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:30:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 14th Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 14th Parliament  (Read 2068 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »

AN ACT
to combat predatory and frivolous lawsuits

Section 1 (Title and definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the “Nullify Obnoxious Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation Act.” It may be cited as the “NO SLAPP Act.”
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “strategic lawsuit against public participation” (hereafter “SLAPP suit”) shall refer to a claim filed in a court of this commonwealth, or any state or other jurisdiction thereof, an oral or written statement or other expression, that arises from an oral or written statement or other expression, or conduct in furtherance of such expression, by the person against whom the claim is asserted that was made in connection with an official proceeding or about a matter of public concern.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, “matter of public concern” shall refer to any issue concerning
(a) health or safety;
(b) environmental, economic, or community well-being;
(c) the government;
(d) a public official or public figure; or
(e) a good, product, or service in the market.

Section 2 (Special motion to dismiss SLAPP suits)
i. A party against whom a SLAPP suit is asserted may file a special motion to dismiss the said claim.
ii. Except where a claim concerns
(a) a government enforcement action;
(b) representations of fact made by a business to consumers about its own or a competitor’s goods or services; or
(c) is a asserted on behalf of the public at large;
the court shall grant a special motion filed in accordance with §2(i) of this Act provided the party filing the motion makes a prima facie demonstrating the claim to be a SLAPP suit.
iii. The court shall grant a special motion filed in accordance of §2(i) of this Act, irrespective of the exceptions given under §2(ii.a,b,c) of the same, if the claim is against
(a) a party engaged in activities to disseminate or express ideas to the public in a book or academic journal;
(b) any party based upon statements or conduct concerning the creation, dissemination, exhibition, advertisement, or other promotion of journalistic, consumer commentary, dramatic, literary, musical, political, or artistic works, including motion pictures, television programs, or articles published online or in a newspaper or magazine of general circulation; or
(c) a nonprofit organization that receives more than 50% of annual revenue grants or awards from, programs of, or reimbursements for services rendered to the government.

Section 3 (Cost of litigation)
i. In granting a special motion to dismiss a SLAPP suit as described by §2(i) of this Act, the court shall order the plaintiff to pay any and all legal fees incurred by the party against whom the claim was filed in the course of their defense.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 07:26:22 PM »

AN ACT
to ban drilling on public lands

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Public Conservation Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "development" refers to drilling, platform construction, pipeline construction, and all other activities undertaken the principle purpose of which is to prepare for the ultimate extraction of oil, gas, or sulfur.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "exploration" refers to activities undertaken to evaluate oil, gas, or sulfur resources for commercial development or production.
iv. As it appears in this legislation, "production" refers to any action undertaken to facilitate or engage in the extraction or transport of oil, gas, or sulfur.

Section 2 (Creation of a commonwealth interior ministry)
i. The Frémont Ministry of the Interior is established with jurisdiction over all lands and territorial waters of the Commonwealth of Frémont, and those of the states and several municipal constituencies thereof.

Section 3 (Moratorium against drilling on public land)
i. The Ministry of the Interior may not authorize the development, exploration, or production of oil, gas, or sulfur on the public lands or within the territorial waters of Frémont, the several states or municipal constituencies thereof.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2019, 07:40:19 PM »

AN ACT
to end the abuse and exploitation of part-time labor

i. The title of this Act shall be, the "All Work Has Dignity Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "full-time" shall refer to those employed to work at least 1,664 hours annually.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "part-time" shall refer to those employed to work less than 1,664 hours and more than 166 hours annually.

Section 2 (Rights of part-time employees)
i. All part-time employees shall be entitled to all the same rights, benefits, and privileges afforded to full-time employees, including but not limited to paid leave and healthcare.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect with the fiscal year of 2020.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2019, 08:45:39 PM »

AN ACT
to guarantee the rights of the laboring classes

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Workers' Solidarity Act."

Section 2 (Amendment to the Frémont Free Speech Act)
i. As it appears in the Frémont Free Speech Act, "other organization or association" is defined to exclude public or private sector labor unions.

Section 3 (Labor Rights Amendment)
i. The following is appended to the Bill of Rights as the next ordinal section thereof.
A full-enfranchised proletariat being necessary for the prosperity of a free people, the right of the working people to organize and bargain collectively shall not be infringed.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. §3 shall take effect upon its ratification by the people, according to the procedure prescribed by the constitution of the Commonwealth by Article VI§2 thereof.
ii. All other provisions of this Act shall take effect immediately.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2019, 02:28:24 PM »

AN ACT
to make higher education an even playing field

i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Higher Education Dehelmintization Act." It may be cited as "HEDA."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "third party assessment" refers to any standardized test developed other than by the Frémont Department of Education or the state or district where the student is enrolled.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "third party program" refers to any course, program, or curriculum developed other than by the Frémont Department of Education or the state, district, or public college or university where the student is or was enrolled, not including volunteer, professional, or military service, for which the student is assessed a fee.

Section 2 (Purgation)
i. No public college or university shall accept or consider the results of a third party assessment as supplementary material to an application for admission.
ii. No public college or university shall accept for credit the results of a third party assessment or other proof of completion of a third party program.
iii. No high school funded in whole or in part by the Commonwealth of Frémont shall administer any third party assessment, nor offer any third party program.

Section 3 (Implementation)
i. §2(i, iii) of this Act shall take effect with the 2021-2022 academic year.
ii. §2(ii) of this Act shall take effect with the 2024-2025 academic year.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2019, 05:52:19 PM »

AN ACT
to establish a unified public energy authority

i. The title of this Act shall be, the “Commonwealth Fuel and Power Act.”
ii. As it appears in this legislation, “fuel and power company” refers to any privately-held entity which derives at least 75% of its total annual gross profits from the production and sale of energy.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, “clean energy” refers to energy derived from renewable sources, and “clean energy economy” refers to one where all energy produced in Frémont is clean energy.

Section 2 (Greater Frémont Authority)
i. All fuel and power companies shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this legislation.
ii. The Commonwealth of Frémont shall establish a Greater Frémont Authority (GFA) comprised of all former privately-held fuel and power companies, which shall hold a legal monopoly in these sectors.
iii. The mission of the GFA shall be to economize operations and modernize production methods to raise safety and energy efficiency standards across Frémont, to provide energy at low cost, and to minimize the environmental impact of and coordinate research and development in those sectors, with the ultimate aim of converting Frémont to a clean-energy economy.
iv. The GFA shall be governed by a (non-playable) board of sixteen directors appointed by the first minister.
(a) Four of these shall represent the government of Frémont;
(b) four shall represent the workers employed by the GFA, and be chosen from a list nominated by the labor unions representing them;
(c) four shall represent the interests of localities, and be chosen from a list nominated by the states on a rotational schedule: such that the state entitled to fill the next vacant category “C” seat on the board of directors shall advance from the least populous state, to the most populous state, then to the second-least populous, the second-most populous, and so on;
(d) four shall represent the environment, and be chosen from a list of persons holding advanced degrees in geology or environmental science nominated by the Ministry of the Interior;
v. The directors of the GFA shall serve terms of four years, and be separated into four classes, such that each class shall be composed of one director from each of the four categories given in §2(iv) above. The terms of the inaugural members of the first class shall end one year after passage of this legislation; those of the second class, two years after; those of the third class, three years after; and those of the fourth class, four years after; such that one-quarter of the directors shall be replaced annually.
vi. The first minister shall appoint the chair of the board of directors, who shall serve a term of four years, and have no vote save when they be equally divided.

Section 3 (Cost)
i. The annual cost to the public shall be determined according to the following formula, where a is the total number of kilowhatthours consumed annually by all consumers, b is the Gross National Product of Frémont, y is the number of kilowhatthours consumed annually by a given household or equivalent party, and x is the total cost to the consumer in dollars.
x = y{[1/12(a/0.07b)]/100,000}
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2019, 08:13:20 PM »

AN ACT
to consolidate and organize the cabinet

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the Government Act.

Section 2 (Cabinet ministries)
i. The government of Frémont is composed of the office of the first minister and four ministerial departments, these being:
(a) the Department of Education, henceforward the Ministry of Education;
(b) the Ministry of Health and Human Services;
(c) the Department of Justice, henceforward the Ministry of Justice; and
(d) the Home Office, itself composed of six constituent parts: these being
(2) the Ministry of Commerce;
(2) the Ministry of Defense;
(3) the Ministry of Indian Affairs;
(4) the Ministry of the Interior, overseeing the departments of Agriculture, Energy, Natural Resources, and Parks and Public Lands;
(5) the Ministry of Labor; and
(6) the Ministry of Transport.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2019, 06:32:07 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to prohibit the maltreatment of animals

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Bestiality Criminalization Act."

Section 2 (Uniformity of laws on bestiality)
i. Bestiality shall be classified as a misdemeanor punishable with up to one years' imprisonment and no more than $2,000 in fines in all states and external territories of Frémont.

Section 3 (Animal abuse registry)
i. A Commonwealth Animal Abuser Registry (CAAR) is hereby established as a compendium of persons convicted of the abuse, neglect, or maltreatment of animals, including but not limited to acts of bestiality.
ii. All persons so convicted, as well as all persons convicted of the maltreatment of animals under the laws of the Republic or another region, state, territory, or local jurisdiction thereof who shall reside in Frémont, shall be required to register with the CAAR.
iii. Registrants shall be prohibited from owning an animal, sharing the same place of residence with an animal, or performing paid or unpaid labor related to the care of animals.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »

AN ACT
to prohibit the use of scab labor

i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Right to Strike Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "strike" refers to any instance when employees collectively refuse to work in protest of the conditions of their employment or in pursuit of their improvement.
iii. As it appears in this legislation, "scab labor" refers to workers employed during a strike to perform labor in place of the strikers.

Section 2 (Prohibition against scab labor)
i. The employment of scab labor during a strike is hereby prohibited.
ii. Employers found to have employed scab labor shall be fined a sum equal to twenty-five percent of their gross annual earnings for the year in which the scab labor was employed.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2019, 11:41:11 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

AN ACT
to establish fair standards for compensation

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Workers' Second Just Compensation Act." It may be cited as the "WJCA II."

Section 2 (Pay periods)
i. No employer may withhold pay longer than two weeks.

Section 3 (Breaks)
i. Employees scheduled to work three and one half or more continuous hours in a given day shall be entitled to a paid thirty-minute break.
ii. Employees scheduled to work seven or more continuous hours in a given day shall be entitled to a paid hour break.

Section 4 (Overtime)
i. Work performed for a single employer in a given day, regardless of whether performed at one or several establishments, shall be compensated at 150% the normal hourly rate for every hour worked after the eighth.
ii. Work performed for a single employer in a given week, regardless of whether performed at one or several establishments, shall be compensated as follows:
(a) at 150% the normal hourly rate for every hour worked after the thirty-second;
(b) at 200% the normal hourly rate for every hour worked after the fortieth;
(c) at 250% the normal hourly rate for every hour worked after the forty-eighth;
(d) at 300% the normal hourly rate for every hour worked after the fifty-sixth.

Section 5 (Penalty)
i. Employers found to be in violation of the provisions of this Act shall be fined a sum equal to twenty-five percent of their gross annual earnings for the year in which the violation occurred.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2019, 11:53:29 PM »

AN ACT
to protect children from their parent's rapist

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Custody Forfeiture Act."

Section 2 (Custody of children conceived by rape)
i. Convicted perpetrators of rape shall forfeit their right to custody of any child or children conceived as a consequence of that crime.
ii. Nothing in this Act shall be interpreted as to absolve a convicted perpetrator of rape from the obligation to pay child support to the parent of a child or children so conceived.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2019, 07:57:39 PM »

Prison Reform Package of 2019 I
Preamble

We recognize the grave injustices being caused in a system where it is profitable for prisons of all sorts to exist. In slowly changing the system, we can correct the further cause of pain for so many.

Section I: Affirming the Existence of those Accused, Apprehended, Suspected, and Incarcerated 
1. The people of Atlasia whom are incarcerated will have autonomy over their own selves
(a) The practice of force feeding is prohibited while incarcerated in any prison operating in Atlasia or run by the Atlasian government
(b) Religious practices shall be upheld as one’s right
   I. Prison dietary scheduling shall take into account religious observances in dietary scheduling
   II. Apprehended suspects shall have their religious dietary concerns respected
        1. timing of religious dietary needs shall be operated upon for those applicable
(c) At any stage of being apart of the Criminal Justice system, political rights shall be upheld

II. No citizen shall be barred from office for any reason
    III. No citizen shall be unable to exercise their right of assembly and association
         1. Excludes participation from sectarian or criminal groups
            a. Will be decided by the Court of Lincoln for each group
Section II: Books and Entertainment
1. The policy on prison libraries shall be as follows
 (a) All prisons, jails, or Juvenile detention sites operating in Atlasia or by the Atlasian government shall have a library
(b) It is prohibited from taking actions against reading literature if no clear danger is present to the other inmates
(c)An incarcerated individual can get a year off their sentence if a total of 3,000 hours of reading is accomplished
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2019, 12:08:38 AM by PSOL »

Fremont’s Homeless Integration Act

Section I: Homeless aide

1. The Region of Fremont shall ensure fair housing to the homeless by the establishment of the Department of Landless People (D.P.L.)
    a. The budget for the department shall be 0.2% of the annual Fremont budget
    b. The department shall ensure that the needs of the Homeless are ensured
        I. 30% of the allocated funds shall be designated for nutritional needs of the homeless
        II. 40% of the allocated funds shall be taking care of housing concerns
             1. The creation of public homeless shelters (40%)
             2. Sanitation and inspection control (60%)

III. 20% of the allocated funds shall be designated for job and vocational training programs         
        IV. 10% of the allocated funds shall be directed to subsiding the medical needs of the participants
    c. In crowded conditions among a lack of supply, homeless and landless people shall be sent to vacant private housing
            I. Taking up 10% of each building unit
            II. Kicking out renters for room is deemed a breach of protocol
                1. Punishable by a $5,000 fine
2. The Region of Fremont shall allocate 35% of its Luxury Tax to pay for the establishment of subsidized
    housing for the landless people of Fremont
3. Any vagrancy or squatting laws affecting public property in Fremont are hereby nullified
4. Anti-homeless architecture is hereby deemed illegal in Fremont
   a. Such as
        I. Spikes on public property clearly in reach of a possible sleeping area
        II. Middle handles on benches or other flat space on public sitting arrangements
Section II: initiation

1. This act takes effect on June 28th, 2022

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2019, 12:58:14 AM »

AN AMENDMENT
to avoid chauvinism and to recognize linguistic diversity within our region

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this amendment shall be, the "Frémont Official Language Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. On a regional level, the Commonwealth of Frémont shall not recognize any language as official.
ii. On a statewide level, the individual states of the region are permitted to recognize their own official languages.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2019, 10:47:49 PM »

AN ACT
to ensure the linguistic freedoms of Frémont and her citizens

Section 1 (Title and Definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Regional Linguistic Freedom Act."
ii. A “jurisdiction” refers to any state, city, or municipality within the region of Frémont.

Section 2 (Ballot Language Rights)
i. The person responsible for publishing the official ballot must create a ballot written in English, although they are permitted to publish additional ballots for public use in other languages.
ii. If a voter’s ballot is written in a language other than English, the person responsible for counting the votes in the election must count their vote to be just as valid as if the ballot was written in English.
iii. If the section of the ballot in question calls for the voter to vote from a pool of one or more candidates, the names of each candidate must be written out using Latin characters, Arabic numerals, and/or any other characters present within the candidates’ names.
iv. To make tallying the votes easier for the vote counter, if a question on a non-English ballot is a yes or no question, the “yes” option must be placed first, the “no” option placed second, and the “abstain” option placed third.
v. Unless the voter mentions what their response translates to in English, they are not permitted to omit any of the three options listed above in subsection (iv).

Section 3 (Access to Government Services)
i. The Government of Frémont is committed to ensuring that
    a. All citizens of Frémont, without regard to their first language learned, have equal opportunities to obtain basic needs and services provided by their government;
    b. Those who don’t speak English have the same health access, education rights, and access to utilities as English-speakers; and
    c. Obtaining these basic needs and services shall be as painless and straightforward to those who cannot speak English as it can possibly be.

ii. In carrying out the commitment of the Government of Frémont under subsection (i), the region’s government shall mandate that every jurisdiction within the region provide its services in languages whose speakers consist of more than 1% of the population.
    a. These “services” are including, but not limited to, all services regarding healthcare, education, law enforcement, and utilities.
    b. If a jurisdiction’s population is less than 20,000 as of the latest census, it is exempt from subsection (ii).
    c. The number of people who speak each language can be determined either by an official census done by the jurisdiction, or by judging of a sample size consisting of at least 10% of the jurisdiction’s population.
    d. Acknowledging that a wide amount of Frémont is reliant on its usage, all of the services listed in subsection (ii) must be provided in English alongside the other languages.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 12:01:55 AM »

AN ACT
to remove the tax on diesel

Section 1 (Title)
1. The title of this Act shall be, the "Diesel Tax Abolition Act."

Section 2
1. The Commonwealth Budget for the Financial Year 2020 shall be amended as follows:
Excise Taxes: $30,457,309,589
Alcohol (15%): $13,087,791,871

Gas & Diesel ($0.30/gallon): $some numbers
Diesel ($0.00/gallon): $0

Tobacco (15%): $2,716,310,234
Roblox

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 09:45:34 PM »

AN ACT
to prohibit lobbying by former public officials, and make the practice more transparent.

Section 1 (Title and Definitions)
i. This act may be referred to as the "Lobbying restriction act".
ii. Lobbying is defined as attempting to influence government officials to act in a way that favors a specific cause or organization.
iii. A Lobbyist is defined as someone who takes part in the above activity, acting in a way to directly influence government officials in a way beneficial to a specific cause or organization, and takes direct income for doing so.

Section 2 (Lobbying restriction)
i. A lobbyist registry will be established. All persons in the region of Fremont who are paid lobbyists will be required to sign up with this registry. This list of persons will be available to the public.
ii. No person formerly employed in Fremont regional government, in any capacity, will be permitted to register as a lobbyist.
iii. Any violation of Section 2, parts i and ii carries a penalty of up to, but no more than, a $10,000 fine and a one year prison term for the individual(s) responsible.

Section 3 (Enactment)
i. This act takes effect on February 24th, 2020.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2020, 10:33:43 PM »

AN ACT
to remove unfair campaign finance rules to ensure the collective has a stronger voice then those willing to spend obscene resources to crowd out the majority’s voice

Section 1: Title and Definitions
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "End of SuperPACs and other Corporate Restrictions Act."
ii. A corporation is considered to have “major foreign ownership” if at least 5% of stockholders are based in foreign countries
iii.An independent-expenditure only committee, colloquially known as a superPAC is defined as a specialized type of political action committee that does not have the power to directly fund a candidate, but can engage in unlimited funding of a candidate’s campaign

Section 2: The Seattle Restriction
i. A corporation cannot donate to campaigns in Fremont if there is a presence of major foreign ownership of stocks

Section 3: Banning of Corporate SuperPACs
i. Independent-expenditure only committees that are funded by at least 25% contributions by for-profit entities are banned from financing campaigns in the region of Fremont.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2020, 09:29:03 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
to encourage greater representation in Parliament

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this amendment shall be, the "Frémont Parliamentary Representation Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. Article I§3 of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows,
Every Parliament shall continue for three months from the first meeting of the House, and no longer, but may be sooner dissolved by the First Minister, pursuant to certain provisions as established in this Constitution. The number of members to be chosen shall be one less than the number of on-ballot candidates for election. However, when the number of candidates is eight or more, the number of elected members shall be seven, and the number of members to be chosen shall be no fewer than three. four. If seven or eight candidates declare, five will be elected. If nine or more candidates declare, six shall be elected.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2020, 10:56:59 PM »

frémont parliament be like

Roblox

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2020, 04:43:13 PM »

An Act

To ban non compete agreements and ensure more freedom for workers.

Section 1(Title and definitions).
i. This act may be referred to as "Non-compete abolition act".
ii. A non-compete agreement is defined here as a clause in which an employee agrees with an employer not to enter into or start a similar profession or trade, in order to avoid competition with the employer.

Section 2 (Non-compete ban).
i. Under this act, all non-compete agreements are prohibited.
ii. All previously existing non-compete agreements are null and void.
iii. An employer found to be in violation of Section 2, parts i and/or ii could be fined up to, but no more than, an amount equivalent to 20% of their latest gross annual earnings within the region of Fremont.

Section 3 (Enactment).
i. This act takes effect on June 1st, 2020.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2020, 12:11:35 PM »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
relating to protecting the welfare of the health of Frémont's organ donors

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF FRÉMONT RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Organ Donor Protection Act."
ii. "Employee" refers to a person who performs services for hire for an employer, for an average of 20 or more hours per week, and includes all individuals employed at any site owned or operated by an employer. Employee does not include an independent contractor.
iii. "Employer" refers to a person or entity that employs 20 or more employees at at least one site and includes an individual, corporation, partnership, association, nonprofit organization, group of persons, region, state, county, town, city, school district, or other governmental subdivision.

Section 2, LIVING ORGAN DONOR DISCRIMINATION.
i. No health carrier, or any other insurance provider, shall decline or cut off insurance for any insured citizen(s) of the Commonwealth of Frémont, nor discriminate in the premium rating, offering, issuance, cancellation, amount of coverage, or any other condition, on the sole basis of being a living organ donor.
ii. No health carrier is permitted to prevent any insured citizen of the Commonwealth of Frémont from donating all or part of an organ as a condition of receiving or continuing to receive coverage under a health plan.

Section 3, LEAVE REGARDING ORGAN DONATION PROCEDURES.
i. An employer must provide paid leaves of absence to employee(s) who are about to undergo medical procedure to donate bone marrow and/or an organ (partial or complete) to another person.
ii. The length of the paid leave of absence may be decided by the employee undergoing the procedure, but may not exceed 48 hours, unless agreed upon by both the employer, as well as their employee in question.
iii. The employer may require official verification an employee seeking organ or bone marrow donation by a physician regarding the purpose and length of each leave requested by the employee.
iv. If there is a medical determination that the employee does not qualify as a bone marrow or organ donor, the paid leave of absence granted to the employee prior to that medical determination is not forfeited.
v. An employer must provide unpaid leaves of absence to employee(s) who are about to undergo medical procedure to donate bone marrow and/or an organ (partial or complete) to another person.
vi. The length of the unpaid leave of absence may be decided by the employee undergoing the procedure, but may not exceed 12 weeks, unless agreed upon by both the employer, as well as their employee in question.
vii. An employer is not permitted to retaliate or sanction against an employee for requesting leave, whether paid or unpaid. “Retaliation” includes, but is not limited to, demotion, discipline, firing, salary reduction, job/shift reassignment, or any other negative job action.

Section 4, ENACTMENT CLAUSE.
i. This act shall take effect exactly 72 hours after final enactment by the parliament of Frémont.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2020, 11:48:36 PM »

AN ACT
for the freedom of consumers and the promotion of frugality

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Consumers' Freedom of Information Act." It may be cited as the "Consumer Act" or as "CFIA."

Section 2 (Right to know)
i. Items for sale by a store or vendor must be clearly labeled with the exact price inclusive of tax, wherever the items may be purchased, including but not limited to shops and online stores.
ii. Promotional media advertising specific items for sale, when a price is referenced, must state the exact price of the item or items inclusive of tax.

Section 3 (Enactment)
i. This legislation shall take effect June 1, 2020.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2020, 02:28:53 AM »

AN ACT
to combat the inherent and deep-seated ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy of the people of Iowa

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "How Stupid are the People of Iowa Act." It may be cited as the "Country Bumpkins Act."

Section 2 (Resolutions)
i. This Parliament hereby resolves that the state of Iowa has proven itself to be a beacon of ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy, and that this must be changed as a matter of the utmost urgency.
ii. The parliament resolves that the honourable sitting member from Iowa be excluded from this legislation, and recognises her as a great exception to the trend.

Section 3 (Combatting ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy)
i. To combat the deep seated ignorance and incompetence among the people of Iowa a Public Inquiry into this question shall be established along the lines of the common law Royal Commission. Such an inquiry shall be headed by the Regional Justice, and the recommendations it issues must be given due consideration and debate by the Commonwealth Government.
ii. To combat the innumeracy and illiteracy of the people of the State of Iowa, a universal adult education programme shall be established to counter these plagues on good society. This programme shall be costed by the regional department of education and shall be exclusively funded by taxes levied within the state of Iowa.
iii. To combat the institutional incompetence of the Iowan State Government, the entire State Government of Iowa is summarily dismissed and shall be replaced by an interim appointed administration that shall be headed by the parliamentarian KoopaDaQuick. Such interim administration shall be temporary until the Regional Government has determined that the internal culture of the Iowan Government has sufficiently changed for them to be deemed capable of self-administration, upon which regular elections will be held to re-establish Iowan self-government.

i. This act shall take effect maybe a day after its signature by the First Minister to allow for quality control to check and resolve discrepancies.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2020, 10:38:51 AM »

AN ACT
to combat the inherent and deep-seated ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy of the people of Iowa

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "How Stupid are the People of Iowa Act." It may be cited as the "Country Bumpkins Act."

Section 2 (Resolutions)
i. This Parliament hereby resolves that the state of Iowa has proven itself to be a beacon of ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy, and that this must be changed as a matter of the utmost urgency.
ii. The parliament resolves that the honourable sitting member from Iowa be excluded from this legislation, and recognises her as a great exception to the trend.

Section 3 (Combatting ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy)
i. To combat the deep seated ignorance and incompetence among the people of Iowa a Public Inquiry into this question shall be established along the lines of the common law Royal Commission. Such an inquiry shall be headed by the Regional Justice, and the recommendations it issues must be given due consideration and debate by the Commonwealth Government.
ii. To combat the innumeracy and illiteracy of the people of the State of Iowa, a universal adult education programme shall be established to counter these plagues on good society. This programme shall be costed by the regional department of education and shall be exclusively funded by taxes levied within the state of Iowa.
iii. To combat the institutional incompetence of the Iowan State Government, the entire State Government of Iowa is summarily dismissed and shall be replaced by an interim appointed administration that shall be headed by the parliamentarian KoopaDaQuick. Such interim administration shall be temporary until the Regional Government has determined that the internal culture of the Iowan Government has sufficiently changed for them to be deemed capable of self-administration, upon which regular elections will be held to re-establish Iowan self-government.

i. This act shall take effect maybe a day after its signature by the First Minister to allow for quality control to check and resolve discrepancies.

Due to the current situation, I think it's important that this bill be moved straight to an open slot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies