Commonwealth of Frémont • 14th Parliament (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:34:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Commonwealth of Frémont • 14th Parliament (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Commonwealth of Frémont • 14th Parliament  (Read 2065 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: November 13, 2019, 03:56:54 PM »

I guess I nominate myself for Speaker.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2019, 10:26:46 AM by AustralianSwingVoter »

Quote from: Motion 14.01
TO ELECT THE SPEAKER
Vote for ONE (1).

[ X ] Australian Swing Voter, member from Washington
[   ] Roblox, member from Colorado
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 10:25:31 AM »

I would note to members that I am the most experienced member of this chamber (excluding the Honourable First Minister), and that having served as a member of this chamber for over a year I have the depth of understanding of this Chamber's Standing Orders needed to serve as Speaker.
Meanwhile the honourable member from Colorado only joined the game a month ago, this is his first elected office, and he has no experience whatsoever to help him fulfil the role of Speaker. Electing an unexperienced newbie as Speaker has been proven many times to cause many problems for Atlasian Legislatures. And it should also be noted the long record of new Fremont MPs starting strong and quickly becoming inactive.
This chamber already suffers from activity problems. What is needed is a Speaker that can be relied upon to be consistently active and knows what they're doing from the get-go.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »

The member from Washington is certainly experienced if longevity is any measure, but I'm going to have to push back against the suggestion that a new MFP cannot make an able speaker, having seen several freshmen in my day go on to be competent administrators of the chamber in their first term —Henry Wallace, Kamala, YE, and Ontario Progressive all come to mind. In fact, I would argue that serving as speaker is one of the best ways to become acquainted with the rules of order and resist the vacuum of inactivity.

Yet it also carries the great risk of the newbie becoming inactive like so many before them, plunging the chamber into yet more malaise and inaction.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 12:01:55 AM »

AN ACT
to remove the tax on diesel

Section 1 (Title)
1. The title of this Act shall be, the "Diesel Tax Abolition Act."

Section 2
1. The Commonwealth Budget for the Financial Year 2020 shall be amended as follows:
Excise Taxes: $30,457,309,589
Alcohol (15%): $13,087,791,871

Gas & Diesel ($0.30/gallon): $some numbers
Diesel ($0.00/gallon): $0

Tobacco (15%): $2,716,310,234
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 09:29:03 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
to encourage greater representation in Parliament

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this amendment shall be, the "Frémont Parliamentary Representation Amendment."

Section 2 (Amendment)
i. Article I§3 of the Second Constitution of the Commonwealth of Frémont shall be amended to read as follows,
Every Parliament shall continue for three months from the first meeting of the House, and no longer, but may be sooner dissolved by the First Minister, pursuant to certain provisions as established in this Constitution. The number of members to be chosen shall be one less than the number of on-ballot candidates for election. However, when the number of candidates is eight or more, the number of elected members shall be seven, and the number of members to be chosen shall be no fewer than three. four. If seven or eight candidates declare, five will be elected. If nine or more candidates declare, six shall be elected.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 02:28:53 AM »

AN ACT
to combat the inherent and deep-seated ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy of the people of Iowa

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "How Stupid are the People of Iowa Act." It may be cited as the "Country Bumpkins Act."

Section 2 (Resolutions)
i. This Parliament hereby resolves that the state of Iowa has proven itself to be a beacon of ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy, and that this must be changed as a matter of the utmost urgency.
ii. The parliament resolves that the honourable sitting member from Iowa be excluded from this legislation, and recognises her as a great exception to the trend.

Section 3 (Combatting ignorance, incompetence, innumeracy and illiteracy)
i. To combat the deep seated ignorance and incompetence among the people of Iowa a Public Inquiry into this question shall be established along the lines of the common law Royal Commission. Such an inquiry shall be headed by the Regional Justice, and the recommendations it issues must be given due consideration and debate by the Commonwealth Government.
ii. To combat the innumeracy and illiteracy of the people of the State of Iowa, a universal adult education programme shall be established to counter these plagues on good society. This programme shall be costed by the regional department of education and shall be exclusively funded by taxes levied within the state of Iowa.
iii. To combat the institutional incompetence of the Iowan State Government, the entire State Government of Iowa is summarily dismissed and shall be replaced by an interim appointed administration that shall be headed by the parliamentarian KoopaDaQuick. Such interim administration shall be temporary until the Regional Government has determined that the internal culture of the Iowan Government has sufficiently changed for them to be deemed capable of self-administration, upon which regular elections will be held to re-establish Iowan self-government.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This act shall take effect maybe a day after its signature by the First Minister to allow for quality control to check and resolve discrepancies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies