An End to Reconstruction? - An 1876 Election Game (Sign-up and OOC Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:44:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  An End to Reconstruction? - An 1876 Election Game (Sign-up and OOC Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: An End to Reconstruction? - An 1876 Election Game (Sign-up and OOC Thread)  (Read 1160 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »

As a new player who's never done one of these games before, I have several questions about how the game works. I considered PMing you about it, but I thought there might be other players wondering about the same things, so I decided to ask my questions here.

How, exactly, does one go about getting endorsements? Am I supposed to PM you like I'm writing a telegraph to a politician? And once I get an endorsement, do I get to write the endorsement statement and choose a newspaper to print it in, like other posters seem to have done? Also, when you get endorsements can you send out your endorsers to go campaign for you and do things like give speaking tours? Additionally, will there be a Greenback National Convention in the game, or am I just the presumptive nominee? I ask because the Greenback party obviously doesn't have party bosses or anything like that, so I don't know how I'd campaign within the party.

I'll be happy to answer all of your questions.

On how to get endorsements, just feel free to message you about who you want as an endorsement and I'll grant or deny them depending on the circumstances. Once you get an endorsement, feel free to post a speech or Article of the person giving you their endorsement. You can indeed send out your endorsers to go out and campaign for you, if you feel that will better help your chances. The speaking tours is entirely up to you if you so desire it. As for the Greenbacks, no there won't be a National Convention (The Reform Party only had their 2000 Convention thanks to their strong showing in 1992 and 1996 whereas the Greenback Party hasn't really gotten the level of support it needs to be considered a major political party).

So you can feel free to announce your running mate at any time and you can campaign for the general as much as you'd like.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'll type up at least 5 requested General Election State Polls. Just PM me with the five states you want and that'll be the polled states for this turn.

Hopes this explanation helps Smiley
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 07:19:45 PM »

apologies everyone. I think I was way too ambitious with this game, considering that I don't have as much experience with this era's politics as I thought I did, especially with convention politics. Unless anyone who has more experience and knowledge about this era is interested in picking up where I left off, I'm afraid this game is canceled.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies