Cenk Uygur running for Congress
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:41:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cenk Uygur running for Congress
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Cenk Uygur running for Congress  (Read 5777 times)
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »

The Constitution states that the President may be impeached for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  There idea that any of these apply to Trump is, at this point, ridiculous.  Tomorrow may bring other news, but as of today, asserting that Trump has committed any of those things takes more Goalpost Moving than is possible.
I would LOVE for you and Republicans to come out and VERY clearly and precisely define where the goalposts are, so that every time you move them, you will prove yourselves to be hypocrites by your very own words.

If you're referring to Bill Clinton's impeachment, I was not in favor of it.

As for the present Impeachment Show, the Democrats in the House are running the whole thing.
I'm referring to Trump and his behavior, what is "acceptable" versus what is "unacceptable". I would like the blie avatars on here to come out and clearly state where they are drawing their lines on what is "too far" for Trump and what would cause them to turn against him. I've noticed that every time these implied lines are approached and crossed, blue avatars insist "that was not the line and I never explicitly said that was the line", and Trump goes further and further and the majority of blue avatars will refuse to turn against him no matter how far he goes. Based on principles, the line dhould be around around the same spot for any president of either party, but I am POSITIVE tbat Trump has crossed what would be considered the line many times, if Trump was a half-black Democrat. "Party over principles" is a disease that has infected the Republican Party.

The underlined is not the Constitutional standard for impeachment.  Period.  This is an assertion on my part that, I believe, rises to the level of fact.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 12:56:19 PM »

Cenk is still hosting TYT instead of going out and you know campaigning lmao and he expects to win  lol just lol
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2019, 01:08:43 PM »

The Constitution states that the President may be impeached for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  There idea that any of these apply to Trump is, at this point, ridiculous.  Tomorrow may bring other news, but as of today, asserting that Trump has committed any of those things takes more Goalpost Moving than is possible.
I would LOVE for you and Republicans to come out and VERY clearly and precisely define where the goalposts are, so that every time you move them, you will prove yourselves to be hypocrites by your very own words.

If you're referring to Bill Clinton's impeachment, I was not in favor of it.

As for the present Impeachment Show, the Democrats in the House are running the whole thing.
I'm referring to Trump and his behavior, what is "acceptable" versus what is "unacceptable". I would like the blie avatars on here to come out and clearly state where they are drawing their lines on what is "too far" for Trump and what would cause them to turn against him. I've noticed that every time these implied lines are approached and crossed, blue avatars insist "that was not the line and I never explicitly said that was the line", and Trump goes further and further and the majority of blue avatars will refuse to turn against him no matter how far he goes. Based on principles, the line dhould be around around the same spot for any president of either party, but I am POSITIVE tbat Trump has crossed what would be considered the line many times, if Trump was a half-black Democrat. "Party over principles" is a disease that has infected the Republican Party.

The underlined is not the Constitutional standard for impeachment.  Period.  This is an assertion on my part that, I believe, rises to the level of fact.

Some - actually, the primary - reasoning used for political Americans in determining how they should define "unacceptable" is the Constitution. Therefore, assuming most objective analyses are correct, Trump should probably be impeached. You seem to think you see things clearer than most, and your analysis of the situation is objective and more accurate than most, and yet Fuzzy you WILL NOT condemn Trump despite how many lines he crosses.

I'm not asking you to criticize him, and I'm not asking you to point out all the ways that he is bad. You have done that and I commend you for it. I'm asking you to (publically) draw a line in the sand that Trump CANNOT cross, and if he does cross it, I would like for you to turn your back on him and either vote against him (you won't, abortion) OR publically support his impeachment. I'm asking you to define your limitations of tolerance for Trump, and I'm asking you to be consistent with your words AND actions in this regard without moving goal posts. I ask this not just of you, but of all Republicans.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »

Cenk is still hosting TYT instead of going out and you know campaigning lmao and he expects to win  lol just lol

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his name rec gets him into the top 2.

Also idk if anyone posted this but he seems to have been endorsed both by Yang and Sestak

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2019, 12:02:22 AM »

Welp, now I can have an opinion on Sestak.  HP.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2019, 12:21:14 AM »

Ventura County Democrats want him out
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2019, 12:41:12 AM »

LMAO!

Cenk saw the light a LONG time ago and has apologized sincerely. For a long time now, he advocates for women and Armenians. No idea what exactly the anti-jew claims and anti-gay claims are, possibly very old or fake, but I know he has apologuzed for anything like that, or Bernie Sanders wouldn't be associating with him. As for Islamophobia... the dude was raised a Turkish muslim and advocates for muslims constantly. Fake news on the islamophobia 1000%.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2019, 12:43:58 AM »

LMAO!

Cenk saw the light a LONG time ago and has apologized sincerely. For a long time now, he advocates for women and Armenians. No idea what exactly the anti-jew claims and anti-gay claims are, possibly very old or fake, but I know he has apologuzed for anything like that, or Bernie Sanders wouldn't be associating with him. As for Islamophobia... the dude was raised a Turkish muslim and advocates for muslims constantly. Fake news on the islamophobia 1000%.

If you've seen any of Bernie's old articles, I wouldn't exactly be citing him as a positive indicator.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2019, 12:47:09 AM »

LMAO!

If you've seen any of Bernie's old articles, I wouldn't exactly be citing him as a positive indicator.
What are you implying exactly? Sounds like vague bulls__t but I'm willing to hear you out.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2019, 01:02:58 AM »

LMAO!

What are you implying exactly? Sounds like vague bulls__t but I'm willing to hear you out.

I hate to use reddit as a source, let alone r/Enough_Sanders_Spam, but they do actually have a pretty good mega post on him, especially some of his old essays he wrote back when he was living in Vermont before his first election.

Now, he's certainly not anti-semitic or homophobic or anything, but he has said some pretty wacky things, including about women. Some highlights:

"People are becoming aware that the function of our schools is not to educate our children but in fact to do the very opposite - to PREVENT education."

"it is better for their children not to go to school at all then for them to attend a normal type of establishment."

- Bernard Sanders
North Montplier

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2157401-sanders-destructiveschools.html

"Many women seem to be walking on a tightrope now. Their qualities of love, openness, and gentleness are too deeply emeshed with qualities of dependency, subservience, and masochism."

- Man and Woman, by Bernard Sanders
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bernie-sanders-essay/

And finally, this one is too long and I'm too tired to dig up specific quotes in, but here's the essay where he attacked age of consent laws and linked cancer to a lack of orgasms:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2157403-sanders-cancer.html

Regardless of your personal thoughts on Bernie's policies, one has to admit that these writings are super nutty, if not worse (though we obviously don't know if he still believes these things). Certainly however, they should be enough to block mere association with him from being a disqualifier for being sexist/looney/etc imo.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2019, 01:04:55 AM »

Oh, and here's the thread I was talking about: https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/comments/5os7nx/a_final_response_to_bernie_would_have_won/
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2019, 01:06:06 AM »

LMAO!

I hate to use reddit as a source, let alone r/Enough_Sanders_Spam, but they do actually have a pretty good mega post on him, especially some of his old essays he wrote back when he was living in Vermont before his first election.

Now, he's certainly not anti-semitic or homophobic or anything, but he has said some pretty wacky things, including about women. Some highlights:

"People are becoming aware that the function of our schools is not to educate our children but in fact to do the very opposite - to PREVENT education."

"it is better for their children not to go to school at all then for them to attend a normal type of establishment."

- Bernard Sanders
North Montplier

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2157401-sanders-destructiveschools.html

"Many women seem to be walking on a tightrope now. Their qualities of love, openness, and gentleness are too deeply emeshed with qualities of dependency, subservience, and masochism."

- Man and Woman, by Bernard Sanders
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bernie-sanders-essay/

And finally, this one is too long and I'm too tired to dig up specific quotes in, but here's the essay where he attacked age of consent laws and linked cancer to a lack of orgasms:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2157403-sanders-cancer.html

Regardless of your personal thoughts on Bernie's policies, one has to admit that these writings are super nutty, if not worse (though we obviously don't know if he still believes these things). Certainly however, they should be enough to block mere association with him from being a disqualifier for being sexist/looney/etc imo.
Nutty? Yeah a bit. Questionable? Yeah a bit but not too far gone. Disqualifier, now years later? No.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2019, 03:34:07 AM »

When people write this sort of deplorable stuff, publish it, and then years later try to say "that was a horrible mistake, and it's not who I am today", what you have to ask is, is there any evidence that they've changed?

TYT was created in 2005 and for the first ten years of its existence was essentially a clickbait program.  As I've documented elsewhere in this thread, to this day, the most watched videos on the TYT channel are bizarrely misogynistic.  They struck gold in 2015 when they realized that going full-throated extreme-hack for Bernie would make them politically prominent, and the misogyny got drowned in politispeak.  But it was still a deplorable channel full of deplorable people.  Jordan Chariton was one of their main contributors and they fired him for sexual assault.

My point is, Cenk wrote those essays in 2000, but then continued to be the same misogynistic douchebag for decades afterwards.  Since he became a full-time Bernie Sanders propagandist, half of the internet has turned die-hard apologists for his misogynistic attitudes, and now it's impossible to talk about.  Folks, the guy's most-viewed video of all time is "Woman orgasms 300 times a day."
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2019, 03:35:41 AM »

Cenk's current position was published in an article on his blog that nobody reads, purely so his supporters can pull it out as a shield whenever anyone complains about his genocide denialism.

https://legacy.tyt.com/2016/04/22/rescinding-daily-pennsylvanian-article/

It's basically: "previously I said the Holocaust never happened, but now I realize that I am not an expert on the subject so I will refrain from commenting on whether or not it happened."

Not a change of heart, more just covering his ass with a wink-wink.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2019, 03:52:21 AM »

When people write this sort of deplorable stuff, publish it, and then years later try to say "that was a horrible mistake, and it's not who I am today", what you have to ask is, is there any evidence that they've changed?

TYT was created in 2005 and for the first ten years of its existence was essentially a clickbait program.  As I've documented elsewhere in this thread, to this day, the most watched videos on the TYT channel are bizarrely misogynistic.  They struck gold in 2015 when they realized that going full-throated extreme-hack for Bernie would make them politically prominent, and the misogyny got drowned in politispeak.  But it was still a deplorable channel full of deplorable people.  Jordan Chariton was one of their main contributors and they fired him for sexual assault.

My point is, Cenk wrote those essays in 2000, but then continued to be the same misogynistic douchebag for decades afterwards.  Since he became a full-time Bernie Sanders propagandist, half of the internet has turned die-hard apologists for his misogynistic attitudes, and now it's impossible to talk about.  Folks, the guy's most-viewed video of all time is "Woman orgasms 300 times a day."
This post is absolute trash. You have no idea what you're talking about. Anybody who watches The Young Turks even 5 or 10 times a month, and watched them here or there pre-2015 would know that you have absolutely no clue and are talking out of your a$$.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2019, 09:39:07 AM »

Welp, now I can have an opinion on Sestak.  HP.
Sestak served our country as a Admiral, and you still rate him HP.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »

I would legalize beastiality where you are pleasuring the animal. - Cenk Uygur
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2019, 10:44:33 PM »

I would legalize beastiality where you are pleasuring the animal. - Cenk Uygur

I guess he went through a Twilight phase
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2019, 10:49:49 PM »

Sounds like someone’s been ing something....

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2019, 10:50:17 PM »

Excuse me while I drink to forget.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2019, 10:51:32 PM »

I'd sooner vote for kobidobidog.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »

This is quite the character. They’re a strong second for my favorite furry behind the one Nazi furry that tweeted at Richard Spencer for support.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:24 PM »

Also can we not start comparing furries to zoophiles thanks

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2019, 12:30:41 AM »

The literal pains of the derrière some people are going through over this is priceless. If Cenk Uyger becomes the Democratic Ted Cruz X 10, then the Republican Party might overexhaust their marketing employees from saying anything to just say something.

I approve of TYT’s energy getting into Congress.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2019, 04:07:19 PM by Helsinkian »

Bernie Sanders yesterday endorsed Cenk.

Then the Twitter outrage mob complained about Cenk's old videos and blogs.

Now Sanders has retracted the endorsement.

LOL

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies