Cenk Uygur running for Congress
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:44:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cenk Uygur running for Congress
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Cenk Uygur running for Congress  (Read 5785 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »

Bernie Sanders yesterday endorsed Cenk.

Then the Twitter outrage mob complained about Cenk's old videos and blogs.

Now Sanders has retracted the endorsement.

LOL

Modern cancel culture... SMH. He has TOTALLY reformed (long ago) and is now a prpgressive champion trying to save America. They just can't let it go. Sad..
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2019, 05:17:55 PM »

Gotta say that watching Cenk suffer this whole embroglio is a pretty vindicating feeling.

For decades he stayed in his little echo chamber of Sanders supporters and alt-right conspiracy theorist Clinton-haters, screaming his head off and being an obnoxious, misogynistic asshole.  And he was raking in cash from ad revenue and venture capitalists, plus running his grifts with WolfPAC and Justice Dems.

He could've stayed in his echo chamber and kept preaching to the choir, getting rich off the grift, and occasionally elevating people like AOC to higher positions.  Instead, he got high off his own supply and believed he really was as popular and righteous as his echo chamber told him he was.

So now he's stepped out into the real world to run for Congress and gotten smacked in the face with cold, hard reality.  He's damaged his reputation and done damage to his lord and savior Bernie Sanders.  Three months to go, buddy.  Maybe time for a little self-reflection?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2019, 07:07:57 PM »

I don't know if Uygur is any more controversial than some other people that Sanders pals around with. But, it's his choice to endorse or not, I guess. As a presidential candidate in a primary, he knows that he'll need more support than just his base this time. I can't really blame him for doing this.

I just wonder how Uygur will take this now though, could he end up turning on a politician he respects, or is he just going to blame Twitter too?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:42 PM »

I don't know if Uygur is any more controversial than some other people that Sanders pals around with. But, it's his choice to endorse or not, I guess. As a presidential candidate in a primary, he knows that he'll need more support than just his base this time. I can't really blame him for doing this.

I just wonder how Uygur will take this now though, could he end up turning on a politician he respects, or is he just going to blame Twitter too?

Sanders is the golden goose, he's the key to Cenk's grift.  Cenk would die before he turned on Sanders.

He'll just blame Twitter and say Sanders' hand was forced by an establishment cabal lying about him.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »

Cenk would never turn on Bernie and attack him for it. If you think tbat's the case, you're really underestimating Cenk's principles and selflessness.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2019, 07:26:08 PM »

Cenk would never turn on Bernie and attack him for it. If you think tbat's the case, you're really underestimating Cenk's principles and selflessness.

Well, that's why I was asking.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:53 PM »

Well, that's why I was asking.
Cool. Cenk is the kind of guy who will put himself second to his principles. For example, a couple of weeks ago The Young Turks did a story on Michael Moore going on MSNBC and speaking truth. Cenk explained that he has a beef with Moore and didn't necessarily want to praise him, but the bottom line is that credit needs to be given when credit is due.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2019, 08:28:29 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2019, 07:43:06 AM »

Watching Cenk crash and burn is glorious. MOAR PLEASE. Watching liberal on liberal infighting is great. Keep up the good work!

(This ranks second only to the Corbyn meltdown).

There is no infighting. Literally nobody defended Cenk Uygur.
Even deadenders like jfern and shadows steered clear.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »

LOL

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »

LOL

I hope he loses, but the DCCC would have good reasons to make him look bad / not make him look good. It's a "DCCC internal (poll)". Hmm...
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2020, 04:53:32 AM »

Union busting at TYT?

Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »

So, with over half of the votes counted, Cenk is at 5-6%, fourth place.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »

Great day for all animals across this country
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2020, 02:59:09 PM »

Great day for all animals across this country

We really shouldn’t keep bumping this to say things like “Cenk Uygur is a loser.”
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »

Wonderful this guy's campaign crashed big time.
O3E
Rookie
United States

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2020, 01:46:17 AM »

Was he serious to begin with?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2020, 02:05:07 AM »

The hysteria over this guy running is hilarious after seeing how little of the vote he got.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2020, 02:16:14 AM »

Regardless of your opinions on Chunk, we all need to thank him (and Alex Jones) for giving this amazing rage meme moment:

WARNING: LANGUAGE
https://youtu.be/PD4S_B2QjGA
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2020, 11:14:17 AM »

Regardless of your opinions on Chunk, we all need to thank him (and Alex Jones) for giving this amazing rage meme moment:

As much of a clown as Cenk is, its hard not to empathize with how he reacted to being ambushed by Jones and Stone in such a gross manner. But yeah the fact that Saudi Arabia apparently triggered him to go that nuts is just classic.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2020, 02:07:40 PM »

This was one of the best moments. And people wonder why youtube politics are so popular.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »

also just to point out he's technically losing twice lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length