Cenk Uygur running for Congress
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:16:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cenk Uygur running for Congress
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Cenk Uygur running for Congress  (Read 5793 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2019, 03:03:44 PM »

OF COAAAARSE
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2019, 03:08:05 PM »

Hopefully he gets clobbered, Justice Democrats are an absolute joke. Since the House majority is not at stake, I'd even vote Republican over this guy if he made it to the runoff, just to have him lose.

Democrats need a left wing, just as then need a moderate wing. And I'm saying this as somebody who doesn't want Cenk to run.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »

I don't see him winning the primary. And it will all be because of an "establishment" conspiracy against true progressives.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2019, 09:29:25 PM »

I've still never seen his "work" and I'm certain I'll keep that streak in tact.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2019, 11:38:44 AM »

Cenk denied the Armenian Genocide until a few years ago: I sleep
Hillary Clinton volunteered for Goldwater as a teen 55 years ago: real crap
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2019, 12:22:23 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2019, 12:27:37 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Endorsed! Alan Grayson on steroids, I can't wait!

The difference is that Grayson came from an Orlando district that was in transition, but still had a number of conservative voters, whereas Uygur is running in liberal California.

I don't know what kind of Congressman Ugyur will be.  My view on Grayson was that he was a guy willing to be undiplomatic to tell the truth on healthcare.  I would vote for him regardless of his sometimes unappetizing persona, and despite deep disagreements with him on other issues because he had the guts to call out people over what the issue of being uninsured and its impact on such people is all about.

While I certainly don't support impeachment, and while I am (at this moment) likely to vote for Trump as a protest to this impeachment process, which I consider to be something that undermines our very system of being a Constitutional Republic, I do think that Trump's record on healthcare is awful.  I had hoped he would be the President to fix Obamacare (which, I believe, will collapse of its own weight due to the gutting of its provisions by the SCOTUS), and he could have, but he's now firmly allied with the Jim Jordans of Congress, whose plan is to repeal Obamacare, period.

I would not want a whole Congress of Alan Graysons (or Alan Graysons on steroids, for that matter), but there's a place for a few.  I suppose an argument such as this could be made for The Squad.  They serve a purpose, I suppose.  A majority of that type of person in Congress, or even in the Democratic caucus, would be an utter disaster for America.  If Ugyur gets elected and carries the Grayson message on healthcare, that would make him useful.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2019, 02:20:23 PM »

Hopefully he gets clobbered, Justice Democrats are an absolute joke. Since the House majority is not at stake, I'd even vote Republican over this guy if he made it to the runoff, just to have him lose.

Democrats need a left wing, just as then need a moderate wing. And I'm saying this as somebody who doesn't want Cenk to run.

That's fine, but this guy is way too left. If Liz is the left-wing, I'm fine with that.
Sam Smith
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »

Another Communist who is trying to destroy our country.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »

That's fine, but this guy is way too left. If Liz is the left-wing, I'm fine with that.

My problem isn’t with how left he is, but with how nuts he has been in the past even if he has recanted such opinions.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »

Another Communist who is trying to destroy our country.

Tell us how you define communism.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

The problem with Cenk isn't that he's too far left.

The problem is that he believes, or at least pretends to believe, that literally every politician except Bernie Sanders is 100% unforgivably corrupt.

All their views and positions can be ignored.  All their promises are lies.  They are corrupt and only Cenk knows what they're really thinking.

On top of that, he pushes all these crazy conspiracies about a DNC deep state that is manipulating everything behind the scenes, telling all the sheeple what to think, manipulating the media and the polls and everything.  Cenk is the only one who sees the truth.  The rest of us are all sheeple being hoodwinked by the establishment.

As if those weren't enough, he uses his platform to enable even crazies conspiracy kooks, like Jimmy Dore, who push 9/11, PizzaGate, Seth Rich, all that kind of stuff.

And this is before we even get into the fact that he's a huge f***ing liar, massive douchenozzle, super duper obnoxious, and drunk on delusions of his own self-importance.  I mean this is the guy who famously declared war on the DNC on election night 2016.  THIS IS WAR!  THIS IS WAR!  WE'RE GOING TO TAKE YOU DOWN!  He shouted as normal Americans were crying at the results. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2019, 05:18:12 PM »

Throwback to Cenk ranting against the DNC after the election loss:

https://youtu.be/jpyKuzoFW40?t=360

rant starts at 6 minutes.

You can also watch the whole video.  It's infuriating to watch Cenk and Jimmy Dore sitting there all nervous at the prospect of a Trump presidency, after they'd just spent the last 18 months pushing every anti-Clinton conspiracy theory under the sun and doing everything in their power to destroy her candidacy.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »

You can also watch the whole video.  It's infuriating to watch Cenk and Jimmy Dore sitting there all nervous at the prospect of a Trump presidency, after they'd just spent the last 18 months pushing every anti-Clinton conspiracy theory under the sun and doing everything in their power to destroy her candidacy.

Nah, Cenk announced he was voting for Hillary despite her many, many flaws and a primary that was at best extremely biased against his preferred candidate. So when that candidate who was undeniably propped up by the DNC and the Democratic establishment lost, he was understandably furious at the DNC that had miscalculated their chances and ran the campaign so dysfunctional that it lost to Trump.

Should Cenk have just shut up and praised the losing campaign? Would anyone with his beliefs, in his situation? Doubtful. We have every right to criticize and expose the negative qualities of candidates running for President, unless you think Cenk should've bowed down to Queen Hillary and pretended she was a flawless candidate and her loss was caused by the Russians. Ridiculous to use this against Cenk. If I lived in this district I'd gladly vote for him.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2019, 07:17:32 PM »

Nah, Cenk announced he was voting for Hillary despite her many, many flaws and a primary that was at best extremely biased against his preferred candidate. So when that candidate who was undeniably propped up by the DNC and the Democratic establishment lost, he was understandably furious at the DNC that had miscalculated their chances and ran the campaign so dysfunctional that it lost to Trump.

Should Cenk have just shut up and praised the losing campaign? Would anyone with his beliefs, in his situation? Doubtful. We have every right to criticize and expose the negative qualities of candidates running for President, unless you think Cenk should've bowed down to Queen Hillary and pretended she was a flawless candidate and her loss was caused by the Russians. Ridiculous to use this against Cenk. If I lived in this district I'd gladly vote for him.

Cenk claimed to be voting for Hillary but every single time he said it it was like "I'm voting for her, but MAN, she is just the worst" and then Jimmy Dore would chime in with "yeah and what about those kids she raped?"

I think Cenk should try being an honest journalist instead of a hack for the anti-establishment wing of the party.  Whenever there was an attack line pushed against Hillary, he would repeat it without question.  He would never give Hillary the benefit of the doubt, or give any credibility to her side's counter-arguments or defenses.  And then he would bring on a whole bunch of conspiracy theory hacks to say even crazier stuff about her.  It was like Sean Hannity's show for leftists and edgy anti-establishment teenagers.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2019, 07:23:08 PM »

While I certainly don't support impeachment, and while I am (at this moment) likely to vote for Trump as a protest to this impeachment process, which I consider to be something that undermines our very system of being a Constitutional Republic, I do think that Trump's record on healthcare is awful.
Fuzzy, the Constitution itself is checks and balances on the President. With no Constitution at all, a President could change America from a democracy to a dictatorship in no time at all. Bearing that in mind, and understanding tbat the impeachment process is literally part of the constitution, your argument seems to be "checks and balances are something that undermines our very system of checks and balances". How does that make any sense?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »

There have been numerous studies that have shown that the primary actually helped Sanders do better bc he won the caucus states.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »

While I certainly don't support impeachment, and while I am (at this moment) likely to vote for Trump as a protest to this impeachment process, which I consider to be something that undermines our very system of being a Constitutional Republic, I do think that Trump's record on healthcare is awful.
Fuzzy, the Constitution itself is checks and balances on the President. With no Constitution at all, a President could change America from a democracy to a dictatorship in no time at all. Bearing that in mind, and understanding tbat the impeachment process is literally part of the constitution, your argument seems to be "checks and balances are something that undermines our very system of checks and balances". How does that make any sense?

The Constitution states that the President may be impeached for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  There idea that any of these apply to Trump is, at this point, ridiculous.  Tomorrow may bring other news, but as of today, asserting that Trump has committed any of those things takes more Goalpost Moving than is possible.

So I'm not opposed to the idea of impeachment, but there is not a basis to impeach Trump that the Founders would agree with.  There are reasons to not vote for Trump that have come out of all of this, but I don't see an impeachable offense.  And there is a crowd that was bound and determined to see Trump impeached regardless of the facts.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »

Isn't this gentleman, with all due respect, basically a grifter on the Left?
Nope. No grift at all, just runs a news show / medua mini-empire and is a strong progressive voice.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »

The Constitution states that the President may be impeached for Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  There idea that any of these apply to Trump is, at this point, ridiculous.  Tomorrow may bring other news, but as of today, asserting that Trump has committed any of those things takes more Goalpost Moving than is possible.
I would LOVE for you and Republicans to come out and VERY clearly and precisely define where the goalposts are, so that every time you move them, you will prove yourselves to be hypocrites by your very own words.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2019, 11:08:09 PM »

He's always struck me as Alex Jones left wing counterpart and nothing more.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2019, 06:43:51 AM »

I would LOVE for you and Republicans to come out and VERY clearly and precisely define where the goalposts are, so that every time you move them, you will prove yourselves to be hypocrites by your very own words.

If you're referring to Bill Clinton's impeachment, I was not in favor of it.

As for the present Impeachment Show, the Democrats in the House are running the whole thing.
538Electoral

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2019, 09:23:52 PM »

In before Red Eagle.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »

I wouldn’t go that far but Jesus....
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »

The only thing funnier than his campaign are the people who unironically support him.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2019, 03:07:37 AM »

If you're referring to Bill Clinton's impeachment, I was not in favor of it.

As for the present Impeachment Show, the Democrats in the House are running the whole thing.
I'm referring to Trump and his behavior, what is "acceptable" versus what is "unacceptable". I would like the blie avatars on here to come out and clearly state where they are drawing their lines on what is "too far" for Trump and what would cause them to turn against him. I've noticed that every time these implied lines are approached and crossed, blue avatars insist "that was not the line and I never explicitly said that was the line", and Trump goes further and further and the majority of blue avatars will refuse to turn against him no matter how far he goes. Based on principles, the line dhould be around around the same spot for any president of either party, but I am POSITIVE tbat Trump has crossed what would be considered the line many times, if Trump was a half-black Democrat. "Party over principles" is a disease that has infected the Republican Party.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies