Moderation Team Changes - November 2019
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:42:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Moderation Team Changes - November 2019
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Moderation Team Changes - November 2019  (Read 1674 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 15, 2019, 03:33:40 PM »

These users are now new moderators on the forum:

ON Progressive - 2020 Presidential Election, Presidential Election Results boards
Gass3268 - General Discussion, Gubernatorial/Congressional boards
Dereich - Election and History Games,  Mock Parliament
North Carolina Yankee - Atlasia-related boards

Various other existing moderators have been shuffled around (added or removed from boards). You can probably tell which if you're a regular, but if you want to know specifics, I'll make a list here.

Two moderators were de-modded for inactivity/inaction and such - Alcon and Beet.

A fully up-to-date list of all moderators and their boards is available to users here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=team
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »

I announced my candidacy for mod. I am disappointed to not have been appointed to replace Beet's seat for the Asian community quota.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 03:59:02 PM »

damn brah i still didn't get moderater :<

i will someday Purple heart
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »

NCY will be a good moderator but otherwise did we really need more and what even is the selection process? 
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2019, 06:49:25 PM by Speaker YE »

NCY will be a good moderator but otherwise did we really need more and what even is the selection process?  

USGD had been understaffed ever since Torie went MIA. 2020 is going to get more active so needs more staffing sooner rather than later. Lumine stepping down prompted replacements for his boards.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 09:20:06 PM »

Congrats, I voted for you all.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 09:21:00 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2019, 10:43:29 PM by x »

Absolutely. YE was doing like 90% of the moderating on the 2020 board up to now, and one person doing ALL of that on arguably the most active (or one of the most active) boards we have means (1) heavy risk of burnout or if YE goes MIA, you have a huge void to fill quickly, and (2) some people would argue one moderator covering that many posts means no diversity of opinion in moderating decisions. This was a similar situation on US General Discussion and Forum Community, although both boards had other moderators, but they aren't nearly as active as the primary (TG for both). Lumine resigning on AFE obviously had to be filled no matter what. We still might need others for What-Ifs and International boards at some point.

My email gets every reported post, and since I haven't cleared it since October 7th, the reported posts folder now stands at 532 reported posts over a 5 week period. So there is a lot to deal with some months.

The most optimal goal should be to have two or more moderately-highly active moderators per high-traffic board. Basically all of ours had one. I'm not able to cover even my boards nearly as adequately right now, hence adding Gass to Gubernatorial/Congressional.

But FWIW, moderators were removed from boards too, based on activity. 6 different moderators were removed from one or more boards, or de-modded entirely.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »

I announced my candidacy for mod. I am disappointed to not have been appointed to replace Beet's seat for the Asian community quota.

You were a shoe in until you were mean to Grandpa
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 10:14:55 PM »

Hi Virginia----

Happy to see you back after a long hiatus....    Smiley

Would have applied for a mod job had I known one might be available, but actually quite frankly might not have been the best fit considering work-life balance and all that, where an Atlas Mod essentially needs to be on speed dial 24-7.....    Wink

Don't get involved in all the Atlas Mod Team changes and internal politics of that nature so long as there are relatively consistent standards that are used, and so long as we have the tools to railroad White Nationalists out of Atlas using fair and consistent terms of Modding and ToS agreements....

Anyways--- wanted to say hello, since you never got back to me on a PM I sent you awhile back when you disappeared from the Forum and like many others was hoping everything was okay with you and your family....    Smiley
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »

II don't think I'm back. I'm just trying to keep up with mod stuff, particularly before because we were shorthanded.

Thank you for the PM. I saw it. Just wasn't a good time then.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 11:59:34 PM »

Absolutely. YE was doing like 90% of the moderating on the 2020 board up to now, and one person doing ALL of that on arguably the most active (or one of the most active) boards we have means (1) heavy risk of burnout or if YE goes MIA, you have a huge void to fill quickly, and (2) some people would argue one moderator covering that many posts means no diversity of opinion in moderating decisions. This was a similar situation on US General Discussion and Forum Community, although both boards had other moderators, but they aren't nearly as active as the primary (TG for both). Lumine resigning on AFE obviously had to be filled no matter what. We still might need others for What-Ifs and International boards at some point.

My email gets every reported post, and since I haven't cleared it since October 7th, the reported posts folder now stands at 532 reported posts over a 5 week period. So there is a lot to deal with some months.

The most optimal goal should be to have two or more moderately-highly active moderators per high-traffic board. Basically all of ours had one. I'm not able to cover even my boards nearly as adequately right now, hence adding Gass to Gubernatorial/Congressional.

But FWIW, moderators were removed from boards too, based on activity. 6 different moderators were removed from one or more boards, or de-modded entirely.

532 over 5 weeks averages out to about 5 or 6 per moderator per week.  That doesn't seem like a lot to me.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 12:56:26 AM »

532 over 5 weeks averages out to about 5 or 6 per moderator per week.  That doesn't seem like a lot to me.

Most of the 532 were solved by like six people in total though. Truer number was likely 15-20 per week on average among those 6.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 02:32:30 AM »

532 over 5 weeks averages out to about 5 or 6 per moderator per week.  That doesn't seem like a lot to me.

Most of the 532 were solved by like six people in total though. Truer number was likely 15-20 per week on average among those 6.

Then what are all the other moderators doing?
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 02:53:29 AM »

Either assigned to a board that doesn't get much reports (which is understandable) or have lost interest in Atlas/modding altogether.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 11:09:33 AM »

We've been just about to confirm you, but Computer89 malfunctioned again and instead assigned the Economy board to me. We just couldn't fix it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 05:05:11 PM »

Is there an Atlas tenure system to be a mod or what?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 05:21:43 PM »

I've been here for eight years when I got modded. Virginia, on the other hand, only registered in 2015. If there was a seniority system, BRTD would've been a modadmin now.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 08:52:25 PM »

I've been here for eight years when I got modded. Virginia, on the other hand, only registered in 2015. If there was a seniority system, BRTD would've been a modadmin now.

Please no.... we need to at least move towards Jacksonian Democracy in that case.....

Not that I have major beef against BRTD, but I might question his objectivity on Mod decisions and an increase or purges of various members, since he has yet to prove his ability to separate his personal political beliefs from engaging in honest and fair dialogue with various members of the Forum from a wide variety of political perspectives....

Not to mention, I get a bit tired about his posts regarding dirty underwear and socks, and compare and contrast threads regarding extremely obscure music bands on a 24-7 schedule.... (Not against discussing music bands, but surely that should be not posted as threads but rather perhaps a new sub-thread that discusses music in a more comprehensive manner.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 09:57:55 PM »

These users are now new moderators on the forum:
North Carolina Yankee - Atlasia-related boards

about time
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »

I like that idea!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 04:29:20 PM »

Sorry guys, I'm still a mod.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »

Sounds good to me. Congratulations to everyone selected.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 04:55:12 PM »

Either assigned to a board that doesn't get much reports (which is understandable) or have lost interest in Atlas/modding altogether.

Which suggests there wouldn't be a need for more mods if they were apportioned differently.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »

Which suggests there wouldn't be a need for more mods if they were apportioned differently.

Uhm, no? We put a good deal of thought into where to put people based on their activity, at least for this round of moderators. If you put people on boards they never post in or read, then you aren't fixing the issue unless they become more active on that board solely for their moderation duties, and not many do that and it's not necessarily the best to expect it either. For example, I almost never read Political Debate, and rarely Individual Politics. It would make no sense to put me there, even if it needed a new moderator. And yet, for other moderators in similar positions, we still do that once in a while because it's the easiest way to TRY and solve the issue - eg, Kalwejt on Economics, a low-activity board that we just need an active moderator on that has the power to resolve issues if it comes up, even if he doesn't actually read the board all that much. But you don't want to do that for boards that need active, engaged moderators, like 2020 Presidential, Gubernatorial/Congressional or US General Discussion.

There are probably a few moderators whose activity doesn't really justify the position anymore, and maybe that gets consideration in the future, but otherwise your opinion doesn't make sense to me. You can't just take the team as it is, divide it up and shove people onto boards they rarely interact on. If you were a moderator here, I think you would come to understand why that is. Things don't always work out the way you think they might.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »

wait Alcon was still a mod? He last posted in 2016!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies